No announcement yet.

Everything Marc Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn Gasol really adds a nice look to the offense. So this is what it's like to have a good passing big.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
      I dont think serge and gasol should see many minutes together. Gasol should start, he can help open up the offence in ways that serge cannot. He can do that as well with the bench of course, but helping the other starters get good looks is more important than the bench. Its also important to note that when the playoffs start, its likely that all our bench players will always share the floor with at least 1 starter, but likely 2 or more. So whatever benefits Gasol can add to the offence, ultimately he will offer that to both starters and bench players. I'm expecting a tight 8-9 man playoff rotation, although 10 might be possible with the addition of Lin and if everyone else is healthy and playing well. Also, i think the good things that serge offers offensively are exactly the types of things that predominant bench units can utilize anyways. Serge has been very good this year and fred and company can benefit from his floor spacing and mid range pick n pop abilities. Lin as well will be able to figure out how to work with serge IMO. The gasol, ibaka, pascal, kawhi, and PG lineup won't get much look i'd guess, but i'm excited and curious to see it in action nonetheless.
      I agree. It's going to be fun to watch how the team gels down the stretch. You can see how excited the guys are to be playing with Marc. He brings skills this team has never really had. I would be starting Marc. I can almost here Superfluid Nick to let Marc stick play 1 more game off the bench.

Comment

• Yeah I am going to need some more Marc Gasol in my life.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Gasol is a phenomenal passer. Mccaw and the bench got a million easy looks off of him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            Marc Gasol should be the team's starting C. If they start Ibaka again next game i'm going to be pissed.

Gasol should also be playing playing in crunch time.
            Don't be surprised if serge starts next game. after all star break tho marc will be starting
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              Marc Gasol should be the team's starting C. If they start Ibaka again next game i'm going to be pissed.

Gasol should also be playing playing in crunch time.
              Agreed! I think Serge starts against Washington but if Gasol is still coming off the bench after the break that is when I'm going to start to get pissed for sure. Even though Bryant went off on us the last time we played Washington so maybe Serge shouldn't start. But I know he will.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Gasol makes our second unit really effective.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                  Gasol makes our second unit really effective.
                  No, him coming off the bench makes our starters mediocre and takes our bench from bad to mediocre. If Gasol starts our starters would be amazing and our bench may still be mediocre because we will have Lin and Serge now. Oh and Fred when he comes back. If they still are bad who cares because the bench isn't as important come playoff time. I rather have an amazing starting lineup and possibly mediocre bench than a mediocre bench and starting lineup.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                    No, him coming off the bench makes our starters mediocre and takes our bench from bad to mediocre. If Gasol starts our starters would be amazing and our bench may still be mediocre because we will have Lin and Serge now. Oh and Fred when he comes back. If they still are bad who cares because the bench isn't as important come playoff time. I rather have an amazing starting lineup and possibly mediocre bench than a mediocre bench and starting lineup.
                    Yeah I can buy that. We can also stagger his minutes so that he plays with the 2nd unit. BUT the Raptors have to use him way more when hes with the bench squad. His playmaking has been key in the last 2 games as we use to see our bench guys go 1on1 and stand outside.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                      Yeah I can buy that. We can also stagger his minutes so that he plays with the 2nd unit. BUT the Raptors have to use him way more when hes with the bench squad. His playmaking has been key in the last 2 games as we use to see our bench guys go 1on1 and stand outside.
                      Agreed. They need to use him way more even with the starters in my opinion. He's that good of a playmaker

Comment

• man if we only had gasol like 2 years ago lol

Comment

• So is Gasol still just a marginal upgrade if that to JV?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                            This is actually the main reason I'd start Gasol instead of Ibaka. Like with JV; Gasol is the better player and the better fit with the starters BUT helps the bench much more than Ibaka on the bench does. Unlike JV though; the area that Gasol excels at (passing) would allow you to lessen the burden on the KLs which is WAY more important than keeping the bench stronger which would also keep them fresher.
                            JV is not a better player than Ibaka

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Gasol will start after the all-star break. Nick is giving Ibaka these last couple games cause he's been the most consistent player this year. Honestly deserves to start. After the break Gasol will know more of the terminology/sets and will start his first game against his brother.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Gasol is such a smart player. The game is so slow to him...he's never panicked.

Comment

Working...
                                X