Everything Marc Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool ball movement but mostly testing how to post these on the new forum
    Watch Does everything on O GIF by @louiszatzman on Gfycat. Discover more basketball GIFs on Gfycat

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Our starting 5 looked really good in the playoffs too. Even with DeRozan's game imploding before us. Just because the coaching staff panicked and went away from it doesn't mean it wasn't working, it means the coaching staff was dumb.

We traded away our playoff security blanket to get Gasol. There's every reason to pay very close attention to what Gasol can bring to the team. And it will be impossible to fully judge until the playoffs, but the early signs are hardly encouraging.
      Meh. Toronto was looking awesome in the Playoffs....until the NBA and Lebron came to town. Then it was the shut down the North show, as always. Toronto wasn't that bad, they were frustrated. They got jobbed just enough to let Lebron and his gang of misfits beat them. It's sad, and yeah, they could have played better, but honestly, they got screwed. Funny thing is, I only see Boston as a team that they get a negative whistle against this year, so Toronto is more valuable to the NBA than a lot of the other squads in the East...save for Miami..... but they wouldn't...would they??

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post

Meh. Toronto was looking awesome in the Playoffs....until the NBA and Lebron came to town. Then it was the shut down the North show, as always. Toronto wasn't that bad, they were frustrated. They got jobbed just enough to let Lebron and his gang of misfits beat them. It's sad, and yeah, they could have played better, but honestly, they got screwed. Funny thing is, I only see Boston as a team that they get a negative whistle against this year, so Toronto is more valuable to the NBA than a lot of the other squads in the East...save for Miami..... but they wouldn't...would they??
        We were blowing the Cavs TF out in game 1 and we gradually let them back in the game. No adjustments, no sense of urgency. Cavs and Lebron were mentally beaten coming into that series, but we let them up off the mat. Lack of killer instinct. That was on the Raps, not the refs. That's one reason why Casey and DeRozan are gone.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

We were blowing the Cavs TF out in game 1 and we gradually let them back in the game. No adjustments, no sense of urgency. Cavs and Lebron were mentally beaten coming into that series, but we let them up off the mat. Lack of killer instinct. That was on the Raps, not the refs. That's one reason why Casey and DeRozan are gone.
          I remember quite a few momentum killer calls though... whatever, its an argument that will be around as long as the NBA is.

Comment

• JV with another monster game ...

Comment

• marc had a great game last night. his stats don't jump out at you but you can see the things he has does that make his team mates better. I think his d was the best we've seen since he has been here. nick said the rest of the season would determine who starts at C and right now you have to think marc is leading that race.
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                marc had a great game last night. his stats don't jump out at you but you can see the things he has does that make his team mates better. I think his d was the best we've seen since he has been here. nick said the rest of the season would determine who starts at C and right now you have to think marc is leading that race.
                Marc is like the center version of Kyle.. Takes charges, communicates on D, passes up shots for other teammates, complains to the refs every whistle lol

And if he can be THAT consistently, thats all we need. The smallest guy and the biggest guy dishing the ball (and hitting open shots) with one of top 5 shooters in the league, and 2 all star scorers on the wings in between them. That's perfect synergy if you ask me, roles defined.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Things are starting to gel/click.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    Things are starting to gel/click.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Marc is like the center version of Kyle.. Takes charges, communicates on D, passes up shots for other teammates, complains to the refs every whistle lol

And if he can be THAT consistently, thats all we need. The smallest guy and the biggest guy dishing the ball (and hitting open shots) with one of top 5 shooters in the league, and 2 all star scorers on the wings in between them. That's perfect synergy if you ask me, roles defined.
                      Now just need all those players to play well in the playoffs.

Comment

• Gasol (and the other guys playing with Gasol) is starting to round out into the team that was envisioned when the trade was made. Rotation issues and injuries have slowed things down in terms of internal development/progress but I am feeling much more comfortable now. I am also confident that Nurse is not the idiot many were declaring him to be.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Gasol (and the other guys playing with Gasol) is starting to round out into the team that was envisioned when the trade was made. Rotation issues and injuries have slowed things down in terms of internal development/progress but I am feeling much more comfortable now. I am also confident that Nurse is not the idiot many were declaring him to be.
                          It almost feels like Nurse knows perfectly well which of his lineups are the most effective, but just wants to check under every unturned rock first, before committing. Just in case he discovers something new.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Yes, also on the defensive end, when these 5 decide to lock down (like last game's OT), it's very tough on any opposing team. The wings can guard and switch into anyone. Lowry is an incredible post defender for his position, and I've been pleasantly surprised with Gasol's perimeter D as well (in the few times he was pulled to the perimeter I haven't seen him being blown by smaller guys much).

There's one thing that needs to click more on this team though: defensive rebounding. It feels like Gasol's instinct is always to box out rather then actually go grab the ball as the tallest guy on the court would normally do. And that's alright but it means Siakam & Leonard (and even the guards) need to go grab it. Leonard has been doing that (dude is an incredible rebounder for 6'7", he's averaging 7.5 boards this year), but Siakam's instinct is to leak out in transition as soon as the shot goes up (as he should, because he's an excellent transition scorer and it's been great for the team).

So they need to find that sweet spot between controlling the glass more, but without losing the transition game which has been huge for them this year.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

It almost feels like Nurse knows perfectly well which of his lineups are the most effective, but just wants to check under every unturned rock first, before committing. Just in case he discovers something new.
                              With like 10 games left in the regular season and the need to rest the top players towards the end of them I'd say he is bat shit crazy if he's still experimenting.If you want your playoff rotation performing at it's peak going into second season then I imagine they should have been playing together and building chemistry 10 games ago.

Not that I don't think they will play well in the playoffs, but I feel like they've already missed the opportunity to play at their highest level in the playoffs.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

With like 10 games left in the regular season and the need to rest the top players towards the end of them I'd say he is bat shit crazy if he's still experimenting.If you want your playoff rotation performing at it's peak going into second season then I imagine they should have been playing together and building chemistry 10 games ago.

Not that I don't think they will play well in the playoffs, but I feel like they've already missed the opportunity to play at their highest level in the playoffs.
                                Logically speaking, I agree with you. But then again, this team looked like world-beaters for the first 42-45 mins of Wednesday's game.

Maybe 10 more games is all we need to reach peak chemistry.

Comment

Working...
                                X