Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
    Let’s go back to talking about Gasol:

For the month of March he had an OFFRtg of 116 a DEFRTG of 101 for a net rating of 15.6
    Thats really good
    Agreed: Will with the receipts;

https://twitter.com/william_lou/status/1110545761106825219

and,

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/raptors-really-improve-marc-gasol-trade-140224636.html

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This season...<br><br>Marc Gasol (34): 17.6 PTS, 9.6 REB, 5.2 AST, 1.3 BLK, 1.3 STL &amp; .086 Win Shares per 75 team possessions, .541 TS%, 3.1 Real +/-<br><br>Jonas Valanciunas (26): 24.5 PTS, 13.8 REB, 1.8 AST, 1.5 BLK, 0.8 STL &amp; .172 Win Shares per 75 team possessions, .639 TS%, 1.3 Real +/- <a href="https://t.co/3heVFxlpvH">https://t.co/3heVFxlpvH</a></p>&mdash; Andy Bailey (@AndrewDBailey) <a href="https://twitter.com/AndrewDBailey/status/1093587532028104705?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 7, 2019</a></blockquote>
      <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
      Don't give two fucks about JV's individual stats.

Raptors are significantly better with Gasol.

Comment

• this thread reminds me of when we traded demar... like i miss the guy but jeez... he is gone. The deal was done lets move on. We have the playoffs in a little over a week from today and we have a solid top 5 team in the NBA lets focus on who is here and what is here. I mean JEEZ if JV were here I'd say the same. The other thing is ppl will be mad either way. Ppl thought were weren't going to do anything for the deadline and were ready to yell at Masai for either not getting Gasol or other things. We weren't going to get Wes Matthews, who would have been perfect on the team, because he would be competing with norm and other guys for minutes off the bench. Wayne Ellington wanted minutes and a potential starting spot in detroit to show case who he was. Same kind of deal we couldn't beat that opportunity so here we are. We have a great team and things are coming together.

Comment

• Marc has the highest net rating on the team and I don't think that's an accident..

Comment

• Here's a nice breakdown of the trade, from a Memphis daily:
            https://dailymemphian.com/article/41...iunas-for-real
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              Here's a nice breakdown of the trade, from a Memphis daily:
              https://dailymemphian.com/article/41...iunas-for-real
              Good article.. the writer there puts a lot of effort into his piece. You don't see a lot of that these days.

Comment

• I thought going all in for AD would be the only thing that would save our season, but I was wrong.

Marc Gasol makes our offense so much better and more potent than Serge Ibaka and Jonas Valanciunas ever could. It's not just that the Raptors' offensive rating is amazing when he's on the floor, it's also that the Raptors' offense is much harder to guard than it used to be with Gasol in the lineup.

Give the ball to Gasol in the high post, and he will find open cutters and shooters right away. Or give it to him on the perimeter and he'll shoot the three with the opposing centre closing out on him, opening up the rim and paint much more for other players to do their damage.

Trap Kawhi Leonard or Pascal Siakam, and they give it to Gasol, who will expose your defense right away with his quick decision making, amazing basketball IQ, incredible passing, and ability to shoot from anywhere. You don't get that with Ibaka and Valanciunas.

Comment

• DerozansSpurs wrote: View Post
                  I thought going all in for AD would be the only thing that would save our season, but I was wrong.

Marc Gasol makes our offense so much better and more potent than Serge Ibaka and Jonas Valanciunas ever could. It's not just that the Raptors' offensive rating is amazing when he's on the floor, it's also that the Raptors' offense is much harder to guard than it used to be with Gasol in the lineup.

Give the ball to Gasol in the high post, and he will find open cutters and shooters right away. Or give it to him on the perimeter and he'll shoot the three with the opposing centre closing out on him, opening up the rim and paint much more for other players to do their damage.

Trap Kawhi Leonard or Pascal Siakam, and they give it to Gasol, who will expose your defense right away with his quick decision making, amazing basketball IQ, incredible passing, and ability to shoot from anywhere. You don't get that with Ibaka and Valanciunas.
                  He's bridged The Kawhi Gap. Midseason there the Raptors were virtually two teams, playing one way with Kawhi on the floor and another way with him off. Now the starters are looking good and the bench still sucks so there's that, but it's better than having your best player out of sync with the rest of the team. A playoff rotation should largely solve the bench unit issues (fingers crossed).
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Just got caught up on the last few pages here..I've come to the conclusion a lot of RR fans took the JV trade as hard as DeMar took his own trade
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Just got caught up on the last few pages here..I've come to the conclusion a lot of RR fans took the JV trade as hard as DeMar took his own trade
                      I miss the man that is JV but i am happy with the trade. It's surprising to me to think JV was actually more loved then Demar. I know he was for me. Where as Demar trade i was excited for the teams future. The JV trade i was sad for him personally and hoped that he as a player was going to succeed in memphis. I mean the return on the trade may have had something to do with it but myself and i think most raps fan just felt a really close connection to a young man who came here as a goofy borat impersonating eastern european and watched him grow into a leader and heart of the team who was willing to play whatever role was asked of him while still doing boart impersonations. JV will always have a special place in my heart but the trade may prove to be the best thing for the raps and JV. Now lets move on and enjoy Marc, JV will return to Toronto to sell his house and collect his things and maybe even take in a raptors playoff game this spring. I would love for him to show up beside Nav for a second round series and talk shit to Embiid.
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Good article.. the writer there puts a lot of effort into his piece. You don't see a lot of that these days.
                        For real. The depth of analysis he put into that was crazy. Almost as insightful as a Doug Smith article. /pink font

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I miss the man that is JV but i am happy with the trade. It's surprising to me to think JV was actually more loved then Demar. I know he was for me. Where as Demar trade i was excited for the teams future. The JV trade i was sad for him personally and hoped that he as a player was going to succeed in memphis. I mean the return on the trade may have had something to do with it but myself and i think most raps fan just felt a really close connection to a young man who came here as a goofy borat impersonating eastern european and watched him grow into a leader and heart of the team who was willing to play whatever role was asked of him while still doing boart impersonations. JV will always have a special place in my heart but the trade may prove to be the best thing for the raps and JV. Now lets move on and enjoy Marc, JV will return to Toronto to sell his house and collect his things and maybe even take in a raptors playoff game this spring. I would love for him to show up beside Nav for a second round series and talk shit to Embiid.
                          I totally expect that from JV. He's never gonna be that guy that will get salty for being traded and then acting like he doesn't care anymore about the Raps. I'm sure he's gonne be there to support his former teammates. I would even go so far as to say that he even doesn't have any grudges against Masai. He understands it's a business and all. I could see him talking to Masai during a playoff game, catching up and joking around. That would be totally Jonas like. Of course, his family might want to get back to Lithuania for some prolonged vacation and he'll just have to follow, so we'll see.

Comment

• BadDinosaur wrote: View Post

I totally expect that from JV. He's never gonna be that guy that will get salty for being traded and then acting like he doesn't care anymore about the Raps. I'm sure he's gonne be there to support his former teammates. I would even go so far as to say that he even doesn't have any grudges against Masai. He understands it's a business and all. I could see him talking to Masai during a playoff game, catching up and joking around. That would be totally Jonas like. Of course, his family might want to get back to Lithuania for some prolonged vacation and he'll just have to follow, so we'll see.
                            Lets just give the coors courtside seats to JV for the entire playoffs.
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Just got caught up on the last few pages here..I've come to the conclusion a lot of RR fans took the JV trade as hard as DeMar took his own trade
                              Yep. Jurisdiction of Jonas almost as bad as the District of DeRozan if not worse.

Comment

I think it's more that we've come to expect Masai to win trades lopsided and decisively. It's not as clear-cut as everyone would hope, at least not yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X