Everything Marc Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

JV added nothing to this team. He literally is a zero-impact stat padder. Same shit as DeRozan.
    Here's my twist on this post, which I realized is actually true, you don't add nothing to this forum, zero-impact post padder. Same shit as special1
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

There is definitely some positive regression at play. But several raptors have been quoted as saying Gasol's unselfish play is contagious. I think it's fair to say that could be helping the ball movement and in turn the shooting percentage while he's sitting too.
      Lmao at DanH deleting his original post after realizing what a bullshit argument it was.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

There is definitely some positive regression at play. But several raptors have been quoted as saying Gasol's unselfish play is contagious. I think it's fair to say that could be helping the ball movement and in turn the shooting percentage while he's sitting too.
        Yeah, there are some clear leadership intangibles that Gasol is bringing in terms of team mindset. First off, there's the respect level he gets from Lowry, who doesn't cede that easily. And Gasol is also respected by Kawhi and Green from previous Grizz-Spurs battles.

In terms of regression, 3-pt shooting would have probably improved anyway with JV, simply because of the screen setting, but the overall style of play would have still been problematic, i.e., Lowry and Kawhi would still be struggling to find on-court chemistry. Gasol is a guy everybody trusts and they give up the ball readily to him and they trust him to see over the defense and make smart plays from the high post. He's pulling the opposition center from the paint and opening up lanes for cutters and the overall passing mentality is making our shooters become shot-ready for in-rhythm jump shots. Very 2014 Spursian. Gasol has been the connector. The tradeoff is being soft AF in the paint on both ends of the court. Fingers crossed our new style will translate to the playoffs.

Comment

Lmao at DanH deleting his original post after realizing what a bullshit argument it was.
          Wait, did one of my posts get deleted? I stand by any post I made. Certainly didn't delete it myself.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• So, what happened vs. the Hornets. Are we no longer dominant with Gasol?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              So, what happened vs. the Hornets. Are we no longer dominant with Gasol?

Well, you see, there are these minutes where Gasol has to sit on the bench.

He had a +14 RTG in this one, pretty much in line with his time here thus far (which has been established as being caused by him playing almost exclusively with the starters since Ibaka kindly got suspended and allowed him to cement that role). Raps have not done a good job establishing a balance with their units. At this point, one can only hope they have a plan for the playoffs that they haven't revealed in the regular season.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Well, you see, there are these minutes where Gasol has to sit on the bench.

He had a +14 RTG in this one, pretty much in line with his time here thus far (which has been established as being caused by him playing almost exclusively with the starters since Ibaka kindly got suspended and allowed him to cement that role). Raps have not done a good job establishing a balance with their units. At this point, one can only hope they have a plan for the playoffs that they haven't revealed in the regular season.
                In other words..... Lin/Powell/OG effect >>> Gasol effect

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

In other words..... Lin/Powell/OG effect >>> Gasol effect
                  lol yeah never underestimate the destructive power (to us) of a Lin/McCaw/Norm/OG/Moreland on the floor at the same time!
                  (he actually rolled that against the Pistons for a sizeable stretch)

Comment

• ok bottom line ...whether this is a bad trade or not will depend on how he performs in the playoffs. ....only a week left !

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

lol yeah never underestimate the destructive power (to us) of a Lin/McCaw/Norm/OG/Moreland on the floor at the same time!
                      (he actually rolled that against the Pistons for a sizeable stretch)
                      And then wondered why we lost lmao
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• If Lin or Norm see any significant minutes in the playoffs I'm gonna pull my hair out. Like they are both such huge negatives on the floor and it's been that way all season for Norm and the whole time Lin has been here. There is no more to look at. They don't perform, get over it and keep them on the bench. It's not like Nurse has to feel bad or something. He gave them ample opportunity and for the most part they've both been extremely trash
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Nurse has got to shorten the rotation in the playoffs.

2 of Kawhi, Siakam, Lowry, Gasol should be on the floor at all times.

Shorten to an 8 man rotation: Kyle, Green, Kawhi, Siakam, Gasol, Ibaka, OG, FVV. Nobody else should be playing.

Comment

Nurse has got to shorten the rotation in the playoffs.

2 of Kawhi, Siakam, Lowry, Gasol should be on the floor at all times.

Shorten to an 8 man rotation: Kyle, Green, Kawhi, Siakam, Gasol, Ibaka, OG, FVV. Nobody else should be playing.
                            Thank you. Completely agree. If he does that we shouldn't have any issues in the first two rounds in my opinion.

Comment

• Near triple double from Gasol today. Only took 4 shots. Led the team in +/- yet again with +22. Massive impact player. But yeah should've kept JV for his meaningless double doubles.

Comment

Near triple double from Gasol today. Only took 4 shots. Led the team in +/- yet again with +22. Massive impact player. But yeah should've kept JV for his meaningless double doubles.
                                Dumb as a plank, when did double-doubles become meaningless? What's the point of this post?
                                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                                X