Everything Marc Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

Yeah, but your scenario you posted there has no basis in fact, you see. That's the problem. I can make up stuff that didn't happen, too. And yes, the defence would probably have been a good bit worse with JV in Gasol's place, but there are two ends to the court.

There are all sorts of great reasons why Gasol could be way better for the Raptors in this playoff run overall. The Philadelphia matchup is decidedly not one of them. The Raptors may well not have gotten where they want to get to with JV. They may also not with Gasol, though I think Gasol improves their chances of getting there if everything is clicking. But Philadelphia was never going to be the team to knock off the Raps, and it shouldn't have been as close as it was, and wouldn't have been but for the trade. Still, those shots start going down and the potential of the deal will be realized. It's only when the shooters struggle that the production and rebounding downgrade the trade represented causes issues - which is exactly how the 76ers series went so long.
    My scenario is a hypothetical. Your statements about the series being 'easier' with JV are suppositions based on regular season games the Raps-Sixers played and your supposition JV would have been a rebounding and scoring machine(?) and not given it all back on defense(?). I would argue my hypothetical had a much better chance of occurring than your conclusion about JV's impact/influence vs. Gasol's.

Comment

• Nobodies mentioning the fact 6'7 delon Wright would have been here as well, presumably playing better than what we got from fred. Surely that helps move the scales a bit
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Hopefully Ibaka still has the band-aid. Band-aid Ibaka can't miss.

Just like Nelly. Nelly was in his prime with the band aid and never the same after

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Nobodies mentioning the fact 6'7 delon Wright would have been here as well, presumably playing better than what we got from fred. Surely that helps move the scales a bit
          Meh.

Comment

Nobodies mentioning the fact 6'7 delon Wright would have been here as well, presumably playing better than what we got from fred. Surely that helps move the scales a bit
            Delon Wright, Game 1: 10 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists. Delon Wright, Game 2: 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 3 PF and 2 TO. Delon Wright, Game 3: 9 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists. Delon Wright, Game 4: 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 3 PF and 2 TO..... Delon Wright, Game 7: DNP, Coach's Decision.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Delon Wright, Game 1: 10 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists. Delon Wright, Game 2: 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 3 PF and 2 TO. Delon Wright, Game 3: 9 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists. Delon Wright, Game 4: 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 3 PF and 2 TO..... Delon Wright, Game 7: DNP, Coach's Decision.
              So, much better than fred

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

My scenario is a hypothetical. Your statements about the series being 'easier' with JV are suppositions based on regular season games the Raps-Sixers played and your supposition JV would have been a rebounding and scoring machine(?) and not given it all back on defense(?). I would argue my hypothetical had a much better chance of occurring than your conclusion about JV's impact/influence vs. Gasol's.
                Yeah, exactly, your scenario is a complete hypothetical. It would be different if you were saying "we have seen this play out, here is an example of the times teams targeted JV in PnR and consistently got him in foul trouble in the playoffs." You are not saying that, you are saying "yeah, but what about this total fiction?" I'm saying if we're going to trade fictions I can do that all day but it doesn't get us anywhere.

My statements about the series being easier are based on my assessment of the team's strengths and weaknesses and what hurt them most and helped them most in this specific series. Raps still handily lost the minutes Embiid played even with Gasol defending him because they just couldn't score. If the shots go in it's a completely different story - but with them missing, JV's skill sets of scoring and rebounding, the only facets of the game where he is a significant upgrade on Gasol, would have been of far greater value than Gasol's defence, passing and shooting were. Which is not to say they weren't valuable! With the scoring droughts, the Raptors needed every stop Gasol got them.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Delon led the team in deflections last year. Would've helped against a team that has issues with turnovers.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• We just had the best win in team history can we like..stop with the JV arguments for awhile? Lol.

Comment

So, much better than fred
                      But you have to look at the advanced stats and adjust for height. Fred wins big when you look at points-to-height on/off ratio. That's an indicator of intangible "heart" metrics, which Delon couldn't possibly have because he's too tall to be a point guard. Also, Fred is more consistent... he's giving you the Sam Mitchell "ze-ro, ze-ro, ze-ro, ze-ro, ze-ro............ ze-ro" every night.

Comment

• Not good Marc.

Comment

• we're not using him correctly. We have never used a center correctly on this fucking team.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            we're not using him correctly. We have never used a center correctly on this fucking team.
                            Okay but is it too much to ask for your starting C to shoot better than 2/11?

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post

Okay but is it too much to ask for your starting C to shoot better than 2/11?
                              You don't ask Marc to shoot 7 threes.

Comment

• Unnecessary blame.

jesus christ after this guy basically turned Embiid to mere mortal.

the coach is a moron, just accept it

Comment

Working...
                                X