Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    Unnecessary blame.

jesus christ after this guy basically turned Embiid to mere mortal.

the coach is a moron, just accept it
    Gasol played him well but be honest, a bum knee, the flu and chest infections turned Embiid into a mere mortal ....

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I think ibaka did really well actually in the first half. He met giannis at the rim like 3 times and either forced a kick out or a got a missed shot. He did really well defending giannis. It doesn't necessary have to be for gasol either. we could push kawhi up to the 2 pascal to the 3 and start ibaka at PF?
      This is what I prefer. Move green to the bench where we get a long perimeter shooter, or at least a floor spacer, and plus defender.

we all know Ibaka needs Lowry and cant create his shot off the bench. Green can be an outlet for fred that Ibaka and Powell simply arent
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I dunno man Lopez could have a big series. We were playing that 3-2 Zone anytime giannis was on the court. It worked amazing defending him but left open the shooters from outside. Most of the bucks starters were bricking those shots. But lopez seemed to hit any type of shot he was taking. He loves those deep curry range shots which really stretches out the 3-2 zone.
        was surprised to see he went 4-11 from three which is ok but not game changing. It was all the inside shots that killed us.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

was surprised to see he went 4-11 from three which is ok but not game changing. It was all the inside shots that killed us.
          Yeah for some reason it felt a lot more like he was 6/7 from deep
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Yeah for some reason it felt a lot more like he was 6/7 from deep
            It's because Lopez hitting more than one three a game just seems wrong. Imagine JV hit 4 threes in a Raptors game at the start of the season. You'd be looking for a read cloud to begin crreping up form the horizon until it covered the sky, and then listening for trumpets announcing the end of the world. It's just unatural.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

It is game-changing because now Gasol has to guard Lopez way out on the perimeter instead of hanging back at the rim helping on Giannis. We might have to put another defender on Lopez, but it's tough because he was a great post scorer long before he was a deadly 3-pt shooter. Definitely a problem the way he spaces out the defense.

Comment

I think ibaka did really well actually in the first half. He met giannis at the rim like 3 times and either forced a kick out or a got a missed shot. He did really well defending giannis. It doesn't necessary have to be for gasol either. we could push kawhi up to the 2 pascal to the 3 and start ibaka at PF?
                Yeah, this does feel like a series where we need to use Ibaka's versatility more effectively. In the half-court, we could have Serge guarding Lopez on the perimeter and have Gasol hanging back in the paint on Giannis daring him to shoot 3's, just like how Embiid defended Siakam. You would need Pascal or Kawhi to pick up Giannis in transition, or even Lowry, just to slow him down.

Comment

• I don't care what else Gasol brings (and I do appreciate the other things) but I need 10-15 points a night from him. Your 7 foot centre can always get you 10 and 5-10 rebounds since he doesn't challenge much at the 3 point line, right?

Comment

• Terrible. Bricking shots, not catching the ball and gets passes under the rim and rather then going up strong, passes it out.

Way too passive on offense.

I still can't tell whether this trade actually helped us or set us back. He was good defensively against Philly however with JV maybe he'd have put Embiid in foul trouble as he actually attacks, we get more from offense, someone who sets good screens and can rebound. Would likely struggle more than Gasol defensively though this series with their shooting bigs. It's giving up offense for defense but the defense perks are lost a little when we give up offensive rebounds. That's all without the Wright factor who surely couldn't be any worse than Freddy has been this playoff series.

Comment

• Lol we would've lost to the Sixers if we had JV instead of Gasol.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                        Lol we would've lost to the Sixers if we had JV instead of Gasol.
                        JV played Embiid well this year. JV plays well against big bruising Centers. Embiid also wasn't 100%. We likely don't need 7 games to beat Philly with JV and Wright still on the team.

Comment

• I feel we havent been the same since the JV injury and subsequent trade. For all of Gasols supposed IQ and passing ability, this has been negated by the fact that hes old and passed it. Hes bricking shots left right and center. We sorely miss JVs scoring efficiency, rebounding and toughness. I dont buy this whole, we would have lost to the 76ers angle, that can never actually be proven so it's not a valid argument IMO.

Also, Delon could have helped us out as well with FVV, Lin and Powell not performing. Masai takes a major L on this one for me.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post

JV played Embiid well this year. JV plays well against big bruising Centers. Embiid also wasn't 100%. We likely don't need 7 games to beat Philly with JV and Wright still on the team.
                            I agree with this. Also, JV has a history of showing up in the playoffs, bringing much needed energy and toughness along with his efficiency on the offense.

Comment

• One of the worst things about losing is that JV Hive is going to light up this thread for anything short of an NBA championship.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                                One of the worst things about losing is that JV Hive is going to light up this thread for anything short of an NBA championship.
                                Ya I agree. I love/d JV, but I don't know how much he would change things. Like anything there would be positives and negatives. Although JV has done well against Embiid, he has struggled with Vucevic. So in theory, he might have done great against Embiid and even Lopez, but that does nothing for us if we didn't make it out of the first round. Gasol made both Vucevic and Embiid his bitch. They both posted drastically lower than there average against him. That cannot be overlooked no matter how much better JV does on offence and close to the basket.

Comment

Working...
                                X