Everything Marc Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

Uh, yes. Hence the possibility of an extension. If he opted out he'd need to be re-signed, which is a different thing.
    ohhh i see what you were saying

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

What is the timeline when an extension can be signed ...say for 1 or 2 yrs more? Can this be done anytime during the upcoming season.
      Yes, veteran extensions can be done right up to the last day of the contract, June 30th of next year. But at that point no reason not to just do it through free agency. It's likely a summer discussion if it's discussed at all.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
        I don’t think an extension is necessary, if Kawhi resigns then we see how this next year goes and decide from there.

Theres no reason to commit to a 34 year old centre
        There could certainly be a reason. For example, if Kawhi asks for it when he's deciding if he wants to re-sign and for how long.

Also, if they want to punt on 2020 free agency, and hunt 2021 free agents, moving their expirings to 2021 now would be a good move - hard to get guys to re-up for only one year in FA.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Out of curiosity, out of that list who would you guys have chosen for one more playoff run with this team. Damn I may chose Marc over all of them for his defense and intangibles.
          Horford is probably the only one there with a strong argument. The JV fanboy in me would put him second, but the line is probably between first and second so...
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• 2020 free agent pool is looking pretty weak actually. Could def see them punting until 2021

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Horford is probably the only one there with a strong argument. The JV fanboy in me would put him second, but the line is probably between first and second so...
              I was thinking Horford too, but the way Marc defended Embiid with that bigger body was impressive. That and his ability to see the floor playing point-centre.

Comment

• Nice article on Gasol, his play in China and how he fits with the Raptors post-Kawhi. Bigger role, more impact.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                  Nice article on Gasol, his play in China and how he fits with the Raptors post-Kawhi. Bigger role, more impact.
                  "The Raptors could have a really bright future if Siakam becomes an All-Star–caliber player. They have one of the cleanest salary cap situations in the league: They currently have $32.2 million on the books for 2020-21 and $15.2 million in 2021-22. Toronto is a well-run organization located in a huge market that should be appealing for international players, if not American ones. The Raptors could become a really attractive free-agent destination if they had a young star to sell to a second star."

I'll beliieve it when I see it; Go Masai!

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

"The Raptors could have a really bright future if Siakam becomes an All-Star–caliber player. They have one of the cleanest salary cap situations in the league: They currently have $32.2 million on the books for 2020-21 and $15.2 million in 2021-22. Toronto is a well-run organization located in a huge market that should be appealing for international players, if not American ones. The Raptors could become a really attractive free-agent destination if they had a young star to sell to a second star."

I'll beliieve it when I see it; Go Masai!

The four teams Porzingis had on his wish list of trade destinations were the Nets, Los Angeles Clippers, Miami Heat and Toronto Raptors, according to two people with knowledge of the list who were not authorized to discuss it publicly. The Knicks, of course, traded Porzingis to the Mavericks.
                    https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...ade-wish-list/
                    Last edited by golden; Fri Sep 13, 2019, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Feels like Marc gets up more for these international competitions than he does for NBA games. Could have used some of that offensive flare in the playoffs.

Comment

• https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...cup-semifinal/ Marc Gasol leads Spain to double-OT win over Australia in World Cup semifinal

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Feels like Marc gets up more for these international competitions than he does for NBA games. Could have used some of that offensive flare in the playoffs.
                            It felt a lot that he was passing up easy points in order to share the rock too often. He going to get more of a chance (and the Raptors really need him to) to get his own and play more of a role in the offense besides distribution this season.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

It felt a lot that he was passing up easy points in order to share the rock too often. He going to get more of a chance (and the Raptors really need him to) to get his own and play more of a role in the offense besides distribution this season.
                              Yeah, I think that was due to Gasol feeling really lucky to join a championship team and trying too hard to be an unselfish teammate, to a fault. The Gasol (and Lowry) over-passing was infuriating. Some of that was also being scared to shoot. Both guys are going to be a lot more relaxed this year, with Kawhi gone, a chip under their belt and nothing to prove.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, I think that was due to Gasol feeling really lucky to join a championship team and trying too hard to be an unselfish teammate, to a fault. The Gasol (and Lowry) over-passing was infuriating. Some of that was also being scared to shoot. Both guys are going to be a lot more relaxed this year, with Kawhi gone, a chip under their belt and nothing to prove.
                                Some of it was that.

Some of it was also that we had a lot of good shooters and scorers and passing wasn't really a bad option. Some of it is also that Gasol trying to score in isolation is actually a bad thing, and the fact that we will need to rely on that a bit more this year is part of why the offence will likely struggle at least a bit. But considering how few shooters we have, we might need him to score more - I just hope it's as a jump shooter and floor spacer more than as a dedicated scorer, especially in the post.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X