No announcement yet.

Everything Marc Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing that was spot on in the SI Top 100 list was the analysis of Gasol. His value isn't in trying to be a 20 and 10 guy or the franchise corner piece he used to be, it's simply in having a centre who can defend Embiid in the post, hedge Steph on the perimeter, and be a chameleon on offence who can work from the low post, high post, or perimeter and try to create offence or move the ball.

All that said, yes at this point in his career creating offence, especially in the post, is the weakest link in all of that.

But honestly the list of 7 footers who give you all of that is very, very short.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

But honestly the list of 7 footers who give you all of that is very, very short.
      Actually, I'd say that list is quite tall

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• His jumper was looking good in that 33-point performance against Australia!

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          His jumper was looking good in that 33-point performance against Australia!
          So, Argentina is in the finals ...surprised they beat France ...Gasol and Scola go up against each other!! Maybe the Raps should give Luis another look

Comment

• If Marc can win back to back championships like this, that’s some legendary shit.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              If Marc can win back to back championships like this, that’s some legendary shit.
              "The Toronto Raptors centre becomes the second player to win an NBA title and a FIBA world gold medal in the same year, joining Lamar Odom — who did it for the Los Angeles Lakers and USA Basketball in 2010. Gasol also became the 19th to win either an NBA or WNBA crown along with a gold medal, either of the Olympic or World Cup variety, in the same year."

LINK

Very happy for him. I hope he does nothing but rest for the next few weeks. Could see some "load management" for Gasol this year. If Ujiri wants to trade him or Lowry of Serge I would think the staff will be managing wear and tear on those guys. And during easier games, lower rotation guys should be loading up on minutes.

Comment

• It almost feels like he is cheating on one trophy with another 😂

Comment

• HOFer.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    It almost feels like he is cheating on one trophy with another 😂

Here we go again

Comment

• BEERPAPI

lol

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                        BEERPAPI

lol

I love the Internet ....

Comment

BEERPAPI

lol

Gasol used my phrase word for word less than 2 hours later

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Gasol used my phrase word for word less than 2 hours later
                            = Marc Gasol is a confirmed RR-user / KeonClark-plagiarist / soon-to-be-back-to-back NBA CHAMP.

Comment

= Marc Gasol is a confirmed RR-user / KeonClark-plagiarist / soon-to-be-back-to-back NBA CHAMP.

Marc, if you're reading this: bring the wavy hair back!

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Marc, if you're reading this: bring the wavy hair back!

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X