Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Winning fixes everything.

I bet the guys down the line know that the older guys are going to be getting fewer minutes, and they have just experienced having 4-5 players out because of injuries. They can be 100% sure that they will get playing time and have opportunities to shine in big games.

They also are probably reading the media hype of BM 2.0. And seeing the praise and admiration for the all sharing, full effort type game that is winning for them. You tend to continue providing what is getting you praise and positive reinforcement. Judging by the descriptions, the reported comments during interviews and the video at press scrums, these guys are all solid types. I think there is zero chance of any issues appearing.
    If I'm Powell, I definitely feel a bit of pressure to keep my spot in the rotation once Lowry and Serge get back. The young gunz (memories) are nipping at his heals.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

If I'm Powell, I definitely feel a bit of pressure to keep my spot in the rotation once Lowry and Serge get back. The young gunz (memories) are nipping at his heals.
      Jack A. often talks about the benefits of internal competition for minutes[. When there is something on the line like PT (or contracts) the effort / intensity level seems to rise. Not fair to judge based on 1 game, but recall Marc's first Raptor game vs NYK at MSG. Without C. J. Miles in the line-up, Norm came out and started firing 3's like crazy. I think he was like 0 - 8 in the first half...

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I don't think Stanley is going to see another meaningful minute outside of garbage time. TD, RHJ and Norm is going to be too much for him to overcome. He's this year JLin. gonna be in China while the rest of the team collect their rings next October.
        I'm not sure what his strength's are? He's an undersized SF with a mediocre handle and below average (poor?) shot. Yet he was a lottery pick. I think your right wrt his future.

Comment

• here is a breakdown of Marc Gasol role on the raptors, highlights pretty much what a lot of people were saying of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQRQ2gU7B5A

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

I'm not sure what his strength's are? He's an undersized SF with a mediocre handle and below average (poor?) shot. Yet he was a lottery pick. I think your right wrt his future.
            6'6 in socks with a 7' wingspan and 242 lbs isn't exactly undersized for small forward - think of the actually undersized guys we've had at the 3 like T-Ross or Norm. His strength is supposed to be his D, partly because of his strength/frame, but we haven't gotten a glimpse yet. He'll get his shot sooner or later unless he's a true bonehead.

Back to Gasol, he aint no bonehead.

Comment

• I would like to apologize to Marc Gasol for calling Davis the greatest center in Raptors history. That title belongs to Gasol. One, he's a champion. Two, he was a BIG part of the championship team. Completely shutdown Vucevic in round 1, did a great job on Embiid in round 2, was a huge part of the Raptors containing Giannis in round 3. He was always in perfect position to help in that series.

This year he's big a part of the Raptors offense even though his points are down big time. He's a great playmaker/passer. He always finds the open man. Defensively, he's great. This guy is the greatest center in Raptors history.

1. Gasol

2. Davis
              3. JV
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Gasol has A++ basketball IQ. Same as Lowry. What they lack in athleticism they more than make up for with making the correct play on both ends of the court. I'll admit I was hesitant on the jv trade all the way up to about ththe Milwaukee series. I haven't looked back since.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

6'6 in socks with a 7' wingspan and 242 lbs isn't exactly undersized for small forward - think of the actually undersized guys we've had at the 3 like T-Ross or Norm. His strength is supposed to be his D, partly because of his strength/frame, but we haven't gotten a glimpse yet. He'll get his shot sooner or later unless he's a true bonehead.

Back to Gasol, he aint no bonehead.
                  The article by M. Bossetti in Raptors Rapture describing Stanley's game is exactly what we have seen so far. He is only 23, but with 22 year old OG as our starter, not much room on the depth chart for a defense only wing.

Things haven't exactly gone according to plan for Stanley Johnson so far in his career. As the 8th overall pick of the 2015 NBA draft, Johnson had high expectations. He was big, athletic, and had a solid skill-set. The Pistons hoped they were getting the NBA's next two-way star.

But Johnson hasn't been that. Defensively, he's come as advertised, consistently making an impact, particularly as an on-ball defender. The other end, however, has proved to be more of a struggle. Johnson's inability to play even replacement-level offense has torpedoed h is career thus far.

Last trade deadline, Stanley Johnson was traded to the Pelicans for what was essentially Thon Maker. This offseason, he wasn't even tendered a qualifying offer. Johnson's on one of the last legs of his NBA career. The Raptors are hoping they can help coach up the clearly talented prospect.

At 6-foot-6.5 with a 6-foot-11.5 wingspan and 235 lbs, Johnson is large enough to play either forward position. In both height and wingspan, he's just similar but shy of OG Anunoby. Also similar to Anunoby, he's built like a brick outhouse.

With stops in Detroit and New Orleans, Johnson hasn't been in a particularly good basketball environment to this point in his career. Toronto is hoping that being surrounded by better supporting talent and a more well-run organization will help him tap into his natural skill-set. If not, it's $7.5 million, a low-risk, high-upside move.

Comment

• Wow. Marc and his shooting stroke have been looking fan-fucking-tastic!

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      Wow. Marc and his shooting stroke have been looking fan-fucking-tastic!
                      Also his floor game, and his defensive positioning, and his awareness...dude is fucking good at the center position, old man smarts and strength.

I think he's got a few more years in him near this level, he already lost his speed a long time ago lol
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Also his floor game, and his defensive positioning, and his awareness...dude is fucking good at the center position, old man smarts and strength.

I think he's got a few more years in him near this level, he already lost his speed a long time ago lol
                        I think he does as well but needs to "load management"

Comment

• Marc Gasol on changes in the NBA

Comment

• Happy 35th birthday to Big Spain! Hopefully no hamstring-aggravating celebrations for him today
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Marc Gasol injury report..seems like Marc is ready 2 come back against suns..and powell is few more weeks..Nick Nurse as asked by reporters 😊
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                                Marc Gasol injury report..seems like Marc is ready 2 come back against suns..and powell is few more weeks..Nick Nurse as asked by reporters 😊
                                Marc's injury was a head scratcher that looked less serious than it turned out. If the dude is breaking down, signing him for more than a 1 year deal would be foolish imo. Hope he's re-energized and healthy for the balance of this one though

Comment

Working...
                                X