Everything Marc Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Will he be starting, Serge to the bench?
    Good question. Nurse is a creature of habit so I'd bet Gasol would start but the minutes would be more skewed than normal. A big goal would be to get Gasol to the post season healthy

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Good question. Nurse is a creature of habit so I'd bet Gasol would start but the minutes would be more skewed than normal. A big goal would be to get Gasol to the post season healthy
      Yeah, he likes to get them right back onto the saddle. Thanks

Comment

• Last time Marc came back from injury it was against OKC. Nurse had both Serge and Marc starting at the same time. But the Suns have a smaller front court so I'm not sure what will happen this time around.

Comment

• Marc is having his offseason in the middle of the season
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• No way can you offer him more than a one year deal this off season or one year and a team option. Hope he takes it.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

Marc is having his offseason in the middle of the season
              Suck but his playoff health is more important then some random regular season games. Seems that this hamstring may be a long term issue if we're being so catious with him. Be a big blow if this thing flares up again in the middle of a 2nd round series
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                No way can you offer him more than a one year deal this off season or one year and a team option. Hope he takes it.
                This was true last summer. Nothing has changed. Obviously the team will offer him a one year deal, unless a multi year option is far cheaper than I can imagine it being.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Guess there was an interview with Nick today where he spoke a fair amount to Gasol’s status... saw something about it on some random insta raps account which quoted and didn’t sound like good news. Can’t find anything to the rest of what he said, but along with what we already know, NBA.com had this to say below, which doesn’t sound great...

“When asked about the ideal amount of games Gasol would play in before the playoffs, Nurse said between eight and 12 (per Sportsnet's Brad Fay). Nurse's ballpark estimate might be conjecture but with just 27 games remaining on the Raptors' regular season schedule, it could mean that Gasol is sidelined for another 15-20 games.”

I feel like sometimes when Nick has said a guy is close to returning, as he did of Marc before the Allstar break, it doesn’t really pan out that way. It’s happened a couple of times now this year. Think maybe the other was with Norm?

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                    Guess there was an interview with Nick today where he spoke a fair amount to Gasol’s status... saw something about it on some random insta raps account which quoted and didn’t sound like good news. Can’t find anything to the rest of what he said, but along with what we already know, NBA.com had this to say below, which doesn’t sound great...

“When asked about the ideal amount of games Gasol would play in before the playoffs, Nurse said between eight and 12 (per Sportsnet's Brad Fay). Nurse's ballpark estimate might be conjecture but with just 27 games remaining on the Raptors' regular season schedule, it could mean that Gasol is sidelined for another 15-20 games.”

I feel like sometimes when Nick has said a guy is close to returning, as he did of Marc before the Allstar break, it doesn’t really pan out that way. It’s happened a couple of times now this year. Think maybe the other was with Norm?
                    I think that number is taken out of context from Nick. He basically said Gasol could play now but they are being super cautious with his leg because he re-aggravated it once already. Then said they would only be concerned about the timing of getting him back to get him enough reps to get in shape before the playoffs. Basically he'll come back when he's healthy and only in that final stretch would they start to even consider risking him playing at 95% health because at that point there is a rust cost to the rest.

There was a follow up question about how many games Nick thought players needed to really get in rhythm before the playoffs and that's where he gave the 8-12 game number. It was not a prediction for Gasol.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Yeah, I wouldn't expect to see Marc back until those 8-12 games before the playoffs. He's officially getting the Shaq treatment LOL. Hope Ibaka is able to get some rest going into the playoffs because he's going to get see a lot of time on the floor until the end or seeding is locked up.

Signing Gasol on an overpay for next season is going to be a tough call if he's going to keep missing long stretches like this.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, I wouldn't expect to see Marc back until those 8-12 games before the playoffs. He's officially getting the Shaq treatment LOL. Hope Ibaka is able to get some rest going into the playoffs because he's going to get see a lot of time on the floor until the end or seeding is locked up.

Signing Gasol on an overpay for next season is going to be a tough call if he's going to keep missing long stretches like this.
                        Easy call, since we'll be going for the 3 Peat.

Comment

• Gasol might be our most important player in the playoffs, and that's with no exaggeration. No one else on the team can replicate his impact. I trust Nick and the med staff to load manage him as long as they want
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I can't imagine an easier call. Obviously you re-sign him if you can get him on a one year deal.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't expect to see Marc back until those 8-12 games before the playoffs. He's officially getting the Shaq treatment LOL. Hope Ibaka is able to get some rest going into the playoffs because he's going to get see a lot of time on the floor until the end or seeding is locked up.

Looking ahead, March 14th against the Pistons is their first game back from Raps' last western conference swing. Would be very tempting to rest him until then. That's 18 games left in the season.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Gasol might be our most important player in the playoffs, and that's with no exaggeration. No one else on the team can replicate his impact. I trust Nick and the med staff to load manage him as long as they want
                                The problem isn't his impact when he's playing. It's that he may not play for large chunks of time if they bring him back next season. And if they do bring him back I believe they need to let Ibaka walk or else impact cap space for the year of Giannis' is a free agent.. So you're looking at possibly being much weaker at C.

Comment

Working...
                                X