Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane
    replied
    I'm positive on Giannis until the very second he chooses to stay/go elsewhere. Or Masai becomes a mere mortal ....

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

To me it’s all about results. We landed the biggest fish in the pond that off-season, it makes no difference to me how, unless we gave up the farm, which we didn’t. In this case, we unloaded DD, who is impossible to build a team around.... major win-win.

The bigger point is: if Masai thinks he can land Giannis, then I’m believing in pipe dreams.
    Not saying Giannis will happen, but lets be honest, the Kawhi trade was also a pipe dream when discussions were going on.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Difference is, Kawhi came via trade. The real dreamy scenario is how little we paid for him.
    To me it’s all about results. We landed the biggest fish in the pond that off-season, it makes no difference to me how, unless we gave up the farm, which we didn’t. In this case, we unloaded DD, who is impossible to build a team around.... major win-win.

The bigger point is: if Masai thinks he can land Giannis, then I’m believing in pipe dreams.

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post

Fred + Oladipo + OG + Siakam + Serge
    or
    Fred + Norm + OG + Siakam + Adams

I think either of those teams coached by Nurse plus guys like TD off the bench would be be in the ECF conversation/contending for quite a few years.
    i would prefer fred + norm + OG + siakam + serge and whatever quality depth we could acquire not splurging on someone like oladipo. i would also hesitate to let go of serge. it's a lot easier to find a screen and dive man like adams than one who shoots threes.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    If you got Siakam and add Giannis, you're pretty much set. Just need to make sure you got some bench depth and roster balance, but given their ages and what they already accomplished, it would have dynasty written all over. A starting lineup of Fred +OG +Siakam + Giannis is already nightmarish defensively. You add an average centre (draftee or ring chaser vet) to run some pnr with Fred, and the offence is now also balanced and high octane with that kind of talent and athleticism on the wing.

Giannis odds are paradoxical to me. I feel the odds of him leaving the Bucks are extremely low BUT if he actually decided to leave, the odds of the Raptors being the team he goes to (vs other teams) are actually not bad at all. All-in-all, I also see it as a pipe dream, and we gotta broaden our look to other UFA's. Everyone is a big step down from Giannis but failing that, I think you look at Oladipo, or even a Steven Adams.

Fred + Oladipo + OG + Siakam + Serge
    or
    Fred + Norm + OG + Siakam + Adams

I think either of those teams coached by Nurse plus guys like TD off the bench would be be in the ECF conversation/contending for quite a few years.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

Aw, ur all 2 kind! Same 2 u KeonClark! Everything Demar Derozan belongs in Everything Raptors I said it hahahhahhahhaha

G__Deane Don't worry my fam already got covid tested! We thought we had it but apparently not. Anyhow YOLOOOO. If I had covid my posts would prbly shrink 2 only a few ALL CAPS sentences hahahaha :P
    It's all good, RR needs some light in the darkness these days

Leave a comment:

• NeedTristanThompson
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

I think you finally caught the COVID, get checked out
    We don't need Tristan Thompson. We need NeedTristanThompson. Never leave us.
    Aw, ur all 2 kind! Same 2 u KeonClark! Everything Demar Derozan belongs in Everything Raptors I said it hahahhahhahhaha

G__Deane Don't worry my fam already got covid tested! We thought we had it but apparently not. Anyhow YOLOOOO. If I had covid my posts would prbly shrink 2 only a few ALL CAPS sentences hahahaha :P

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    We don't need Tristan Thompson. We need NeedTristanThompson. Never leave us.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

HA ya sign the underrated Gobert after Donovan Mitchell's corona slander/Gobert self tanking w his corona antics hahahahah YES love it

Plus he speaks French! Good 4 our bilingual countryyyyyy

YOLO

Right right. Ya Pau disappeared it was weird haha. 2 more yrs ya that's the best case scenario I guess! And ya crazy how good Ibaka's got since coming to the Raps, who would've thought! When we got him I thought we were bringing in a readymade star, turns out we were actually bringing in some1 ready 2 be made into a star. YAHOO. YOLOOOO

Come on dreamer let's get Marc + Serge + an Antetokounmpo brother + idk Pau 4 like 1 million as a vet + TT

NEED TT

LEt's GO

HE's THE MISSING PIeCE PLZ

OH PLUS FREE AGENT AD

RAPS DYNASTY BETTER THAN THE WARRIORS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    I think you finally caught the COVID, get checked out

Leave a comment:

• NeedTristanThompson
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Masai has made it a habit to stay cap neutral for 2021. I don't think he'll break that for Serge and Marc.. but I also still think we can bring them both back on large 1+1 deals. Term of course is important especially when guys get hurt all the time. But this season will suck for free agents because the cap is going to come down. If they wait a year they might get paid more.

I think we should overpay to keep Marc and Serge for the year. Give them each $20M deals and then look at the landscape in 2021. If Giannis stays (which seems likely) then we bring Marc and Serge back again or look for another player to replace them (like Gobert).
    HA ya sign the underrated Gobert after Donovan Mitchell's corona slander/Gobert self tanking w his corona antics hahahahah YES love it

Plus he speaks French! Good 4 our bilingual countryyyyyy

YOLO

The problem has never been Serge or marc right now, gasol is clearly the superior player. But his window his closing fast. His brother declined at 36 and went off a cliff at 38. Marc will turn 36 during next season. You're hoping to squeeze 2 more years out of his old banged up body.

Serge on the other hand is 30 and you could argue had lowkey the best year of his career last year. They're very different players that have fairly different roles and have already shown they can play together in the new nba, in a perfect world you keep both. Although I'm just a dreamer and think we're losing at least one.
    Right right. Ya Pau disappeared it was weird haha. 2 more yrs ya that's the best case scenario I guess! And ya crazy how good Ibaka's got since coming to the Raps, who would've thought! When we got him I thought we were bringing in a readymade star, turns out we were actually bringing in some1 ready 2 be made into a star. YAHOO. YOLOOOO

Come on dreamer let's get Marc + Serge + an Antetokounmpo brother + idk Pau 4 like 1 million as a vet + TT

NEED TT

LEt's GO

HE's THE MISSING PIeCE PLZ

OH PLUS FREE AGENT AD

RAPS DYNASTY BETTER THAN THE WARRIORS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

The other A-lister is Embiid.... as the replacement for Gasol & Ibaka. Giannis wants to play with his "African Brothers". It has been foretold.

Notice Giannis' first 2 picks?

OH YO SOSOOSOOSOSO TRU WOW AMAZING DAMMMMMMMMMMMMN

GIANTS OF AFRICA PAYS OFF!?!?!?

PLAYING THE LONG GAME

UNLESS MASAI TAKES ALL HIS GIANTS OF AFRICA TO NY BUT WAIT...

NO ONE WANTS TO LIVE IN THE COVID CITY ANYMORE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHA WOW JAMES DOLAN GO HOME GIVe UP ON SPORTS OWNERSHIP GO BACK TO WHATEVER INDUSTRY MADE U RICH AND STAY THERE BASKETBALL'S NOT 4 U UNLESS U LOVE BANKRUPTCY I GUESS WE'RE ALL ADDICTED 2 SOMETHING HAHA RU ADDICTED TO LOSSES?!?! HA WOWWOWO

KYRIE AND JAMES DOLAN SITTING ALONE IN THE DESERTED CITY OF COVID, LOSING BASKETBALL GAMES. POOR KD. Y DOES HE MAKE SUCH POOR CALLS?!??!

RESCUE HIM AND TRADE HIM HEREEEE

Kawhi was pipe dream, too. And I'll be smoking that pipe until I die.
    J'AIME KAWHIIIIIIIIIIIIIII ET MASAIIIIIIIIIII

THAT WAS TOTAL WILDNESS ABSOLUTELY, TOTALLY WILDDDDDDDDD

I BARELY BELIEVED IT AT THE TIME

AND IT ALL WENT AS PARFAIT AS IT COULD
    Last edited by NeedTristanThompson; Mon Jun 15th, 2020, 05:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

Harris has fallen off a bit this year. If we're targeting Denver players then I'd rather go after Will Barton.
    Ya i know but i dont really think its a skill level thing. I have watched alot of Nuggets games this year more that 80% of Denver offense is Murry/jokic pick and pops and rolls.
    Harris is relugated to standing in the corner or weak side. His defense is still elite one the the best guard defenders in the league and can guard 1s or 2s. I think he will be like Oladipo if he ever leaves the nuggets.
    His stuggles only benefit the next team who gives him a contract as he going to have to take a pay cut

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Gary Harris is the oladipo like player i would be looking at.
    Pascal-Giannis-Harris. Both are 2 way player. All line up with primes and Harris should be cheaper as he had to take a back seat to Jokic and Murray.
    Harris has fallen off a bit this year. If we're targeting Denver players then I'd rather go after Will Barton.

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Pascal-Giannis-Harris. Both are 2 way player. All line up with primes and Harris should be cheaper as he had to take a back seat to Jokic and Murray.
    harris fell off a cliff this year. he wasn't great last year but this year he's been awful. norm is way better.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied

Difference is, Kawhi came via trade. The real dreamy scenario is how little we paid for him.
    And that's the strongest case for Masai to not throw everything at 2021 FA and keep working with what looks to be a fair bit of talent already on the roster. Keep what you can, keep developing these guys, keep making good transactions and draft picks, somehow Masai keeps running out a winning team and has generally good contracts and is ready to pounce if anything comes up like the Kawhi trade did. Keeping at that strategy may be better option. I'd lean in that direction but wouldn't be mad at going as hard as possible at 2021 FA either. There's a plan that makes sense on some level either way.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X