• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Jonas, now this. Hope DanH is ok

Comment

• ^^oooff, the Blake Murphy bomb

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
        Sure, but I meant 76ers lack that. We have that and he would just give us a boost. I can actually see Lin getting 4th quarter minutes in some games for the 76ers when hes hitting 3s, hitting Embiid with the PnR pass or just being out there for spacing.
        Right now, Raps have a reliable 8-man playoff rotation assuming FVV, Serge and Norm off the bench. We need one more reliable option. Would have been nice for that to be OG but they can’t rely on him.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          Right now, Raps have a reliable 8-man playoff rotation assuming FVV, Serge and Norm off the bench. We need one more reliable option. Would have been nice for that to be OG but they can’t rely on him.
          Its weird, but I trust OG when the game counts. Last year he was our most consistent guy vs the Cavs. He made some pretty big shots albeit losing 0-4.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
            Its weird, but I trust OG when the game counts. Last year he was our most consistent guy vs the Cavs. He made some pretty big shots albeit losing 0-4.
            that's one thing you gotta give OG he was one of the few guys not afraid of the moment in the cavs series. that 3 he made to tie the game in game 3 could have been a series changer if not for the now iconic lebron game winner
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
              Yeah that's the issue we're running into with every target. Guys that are waived/bought out are typically looking for playing time, so they can up their value and actually sign a longer contract. That's what happened with Wes Mathews, Ellington and by the looks of it, Lin. They know they won't play much here.

We're problably gonna have to get at least two "diamonds in the rough" from the G league, like Miller. Nurse seems to like him, commented on well he knows the team already, and that he finds him quite steady (very few errors, always knows where to be).
              I read the word "steady" and I get the chills...

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                that's one thing you gotta give OG he was one of the few guys not afraid of the moment in the cavs series. that 3 he made to tie the game in game 3 could have been a series changer if not for the now iconic lebron game winner
                That was then, OG is not playing with the same swagger he exhibited last year. He looks confused out there.

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                  That was then, OG is not playing with the same swagger he exhibited last year. He looks confused out there.
                  He does but you gotta hope his one of those guy who just turns it up when the lights are the brightest. So far hes 1 for 1 in that regard. But yea we need to pick up another solid player to be the 9th man incase he still is struggling when playoffs roll around. I really like Malcolm Miller dude can shoot and play within him self. He is at least worth giving a look for the rest of the season to see if you could be a piece in the postseason. Mccaw is also nice just his limited offense and lack of shooting makes him hard to play, if you have 4 other good offense players out their with him his defense can be game changing. I hope we can get some serviceable pieces on the buy out but at least we have a backup plan with those 2.
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Shelvin Mack claimed on waivers by Charlotte

Comment

• To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Boucher and Miller signed, now we can add 10-days (Ben basically a done deal?), still lots of work to be done.

If people are still wondering the impetus for trading out Malechai and Moose:

That might seem like a lot, but because they shed salary across their three trades and dropped a marginal tax bracket, this is actually still a much more favorable position to be in than before the deadline. Even if the Raptors filled their roster spots Monday, their total liability for the year would be an estimated $17.5 million cheaper than before the trades.
                        https://theathletic.com/810328/2019/...s-are-on-hold/

Comment

• I mean i dont give a fuck about MLSE saving money, but Richardson and Monroe werent winning any games, I guess its a wash.

Comment

• Just realized Ben Mclemore is the guy Kawhi famously owned with consecutive steals.

Wonder how Ben feels about suiting up to play with his father.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• We've brought on McLemore for a 10 day (I think that's solidified now, no?) as well as having signed Miller and Boucher.

McLemore's a SG, Miller's a SF and Boucher's a PF who can play some small C. I think that leaves us with two more spots? (Or is it three?) Even it's down to two, it seems pretty clear that the next two additions should be a clear PG and a clear C , for some insurance, now that we've given up depth at both positions.
                              Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Mon Feb 11, 2019, 04:08 AM.

Comment

• Raptors have exceptions to be aggressive in the buyout market. I know they saved a bunch of money in tax selling off Richardson and Monroe, and its good thing for recruitment and speaks to your development in signing Boucher and Miller, but I hope the MLSE didn't cheap out, and Masai can make whatever moves he wants here.

Comment

Working...
                                X