• KeonClark
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    try 76 million....
    Not bad work if you can get it. And you're 6'11, 280

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Ellington is the obvious target as a shooter, and would likely be the guy they use their tax-MLE on if anyone. Maybe Sauce gets a look too. I imagine they'll want someone with PF size though I hope it's not Markieff. Have to wait a bit to see what shakes out over the next few days.

I could see them giving Malcolm Miller a contract - they like him and he was good in spot minutes last year, and he's recovered from his injury in the summer. But they probably need to add a third PG, maybe that's Loyd, maybe a buyout guy. Loyd has some NBA days left, so no rush there, could bridge one or two of the spots with 10-days as well to save a few bucks (and push some decisions closer to the March 1st buyout deadline). Could see Boucher getting a deal soon since he's almost out of NBA days.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    c-troop wrote: View Post
    Jeremy Lins' playoff DRtg is atrocious
    I also read that ATL is not planning on buying out or waiving anyone.

I'm still pissed that the Bucks got Mirotic. That is precisely the kind of player we should have been pouncing on. With so many rosters spots open though, and us being more of a contender than last year, I dare to think the buyout market will be more fruitful this year. Hopefully by the next game will know more

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post
    The funny thing is Ellington isn't even shooting it as good as he normally does so far this year.
    Barely though. He's a career 38%, down to 36.8% this year. If he's on offence that creates good looks like ours, that will certainly go back up. Our problem hasn't been getting guys open, is having the spot-up knock down the shot. Ellington would do that.

Leave a comment:

• c-troop
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Ellington is obviously a perfect fit but will be highly coveted.

I think if Atlanta does end up buying out JLin he'd be terrific.
    Jeremy Lins' playoff DRtg is atrocious

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    I swear back in the day you were allowed to have 13 guys. Has that changed to 14? Like I rather them have 14 it's more depth but I was just wondering
    I might be wrong, I think I heard 14 but I'm not entirely sure, it's possible that is 13 minimum still; I think there's a distinction between active and inactive on a given night and "averages" throughout the season. In in case I think they'll shoot to replenish back to the 14, which is what they had throughout the season.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
    Think Robyn can shut his brother down, like use twins magic and know everything he's thinking before it happens?
    Brook always schools Robin.

As for our buyout chances... I still have too many nightmares from the last several years .... multiple candidates all signing with Houston or with Philly. People are talking like we'll just happily get our top three/four choices on the buyout market and everything will be set. .... Come on. I hope I'm wrong but we'll probably be lucky if we get one. At least we've got Bouch.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    Ellington is obviously a perfect fit but will be highly coveted.

I think if Atlanta does end up buying out JLin he'd be terrific.

Leave a comment:

• Raptor Jesus
    replied
    Think Robyn can shut his brother down, like use twins magic and know everything he's thinking before it happens?

Leave a comment:

• c-troop
    replied
    The funny thing is Ellington isn't even shooting it as good as he normally does so far this year. And I read Teodosic wants to go back to Europe
    we got gasol and scariolo, we're canada, we ARE europe

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    The funny thing is Ellington isn't even shooting it as good as he normally does so far this year. And I read Teodosic wants to go back to Europe

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post
    Roster now is a 10, so they need 4 more. My choice would be

Ellington
    Teodosic
    Gortat
    Boucher
    I swear back in the day you were allowed to have 13 guys. Has that changed to 14? Like I rather them have 14 it's more depth but I was just wondering

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Masai has to knock it out of the park here - one rotation-calibre guy, a bench vet, and some combo of shooting. How many players on the playoff roster at the moment?

I def like Lloyd and Boucher if they're not already on.
    Roster now is a 10, so they need 4 more. My choice would be

Ellington
    Teodosic
    Gortat
    Boucher

Leave a comment:

• Raptor Jesus
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post
    `How long can the roster be below the minimum 14?
    I saw 14 days kicking around but so far as I know you need to average a minimum number of roster players over the season.

Ultimately not long enough to get to March 1st if that's the buyout cut off for playoffs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X