buy out market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    I know Moose wasn't good but it'll be interesting to see whether or not that sunk 2nd round pick actually leads to us having anyone more reliable.
    You would think a commitment was already in place before Moose was traded. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      Shelvin Mack seems like a possible get.
      Yeah and he's probably got some chemistry with Marc. I'm not the biggest fan but we need warm bodies.

Comment

hoodlum wrote: View Post
        You would think a commitment was already in place before Moose was traded. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense.
        Sure it does. Whoever they replace him with will cost 1/3 what he did, and if he had to play in the playoffs they were screwed anyway so them getting someone a little worse doesn't really change anything.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
          Yeah and he's probably got some chemistry with Marc. I'm not the biggest fan but we need warm bodies.
          Won't find any of those in Calgary now, AMIRITE??

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I lowkey like Gortat. But thats because I only remember him killing the Raptors.

Comment

Zak24gege wrote: View Post
              "Guards Milos Teodosic, Shelvin Mack, Ben McLemore, Nik Stauskas, and Wade Baldwin are also likely to all be bought out, " By Haley O'Shaughnessy, The Ringer Feb 8, 2019, 2:01pm EST

How about Mack?
              Out of the 4, my flyer would go to Milos if we wanted a pure playmaking PG.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

The Hawks have officially requested waivers on Shelvin Mack, the team announced today in a press release. He’ll become a free agent on Sunday, assuming he goes unclaimed...

35.9% 3's...Seemed to hit higher % vs Raps...6'3" experienced, Lowry like.

Comment

Fury wrote: View Post
                  Wish VC and Lin were available. They'd be my 1 and 2 choice.
                  What exactly about VC's 6.5 PPG makes him your #1 choice? We need players, not 1 dunk per game and 1 three and some fake nostalgia.

At least Lin gets you 10 PPG and some length....

But the Hawks aren't releasing anyone so....

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                    What exactly about VC's 6.5 PPG makes him your #1 choice? We need players, not 1 dunk per game and 1 three and some fake nostalgia.

At least Lin gets you 10 PPG and some length....

But the Hawks aren't releasing anyone so....
                    Vince isn't a #1 choice, but signing him and saying "we need you to play as hard as fucking possible for five minutes per game, just five minutes" would have value. He can shoot the three well, he plays defense well enough, he passes well. Basically, he's an NBA old man, and the strength of old man game is that they know everything there is about how to play basketball, which lots of even star players in their prime don't.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                      Vince isn't a #1 choice, but signing him and saying "we need you to play as hard as fucking possible for five minutes per game, just five minutes" would have value. He can shoot the three well, he plays defense well enough, he passes well. Basically, he's an NBA old man, and the strength of old man game is that they know everything there is about how to play basketball, which lots of even star players in their prime don't.
                      OK
                      I think that's a romanticized opinion based on heart and not head and also sports-media inspired.

He just doesn't bring that any more. Saying he can shoot the three well, is based on a decent % made but he takes 2 per game lol. It's like shooting 100% from 3 but only getting 3 points per game, where's the real value?

The fact is his 6.5 PPG is immaterial and he makes almost zero effort on D, generally stepping out of the way on drives as we saw over and over in the last game against the Raps....no idea where you see he plays defense well enough, he actually just gives up.

In my opinion, if Kawhi leaves and the Raps blow it up and plan to be mediocre for a few seasons, that's where I can see management bringing in carter for the fake nostalgia to distract fans from the fact that team sucks lol

That's his only value now, not the "mentor to the kids" that the media has also been force feeding us. And I don't really want a veteran to teach kids how to quit on a team, play out the string on bad teams to cash a paycheque and not really indicate an interest in playing for a winner in his twilight as far as we know.... as always, ymmv

Comment

IMO, The absolute priority here is a point guard. We went from 4 healthy ones at the beginning of the year to 2 that have been dealing with injuries. Teodosic or Shelvin Mack would be somewhere between Brown & Wright and fill in when FVV/Lowry are banged up.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
                          IMO, The absolute priority here is a point guard. We went from 4 healthy ones at the beginning of the year to 2 that have been dealing with injuries. Teodosic or Shelvin Mack would be somewhere between Brown & Wright and fill in when FVV/Lowry are banged up.
                          We do need a PG but those two guys are very meh. If I had a preference I'd go with Mack simply because he's been in the NBA a lot longer and played on Memphis with Gasol so has some chemistry already built in.

I said no more pessimistic Gasol posts.. but man I wish Masai didn't make that deal. Not if he had to give up Delon for it. Our C position was working fine all year. We could have used a stretch 4 (CJ and OG have been bad) or a combo guard that can shoot since Kyle and Fred have been so unreliable this year.

How long does 'Kieff need to get healthy? If he'll be healthy for the playoffs he might be a decent get.

Comment

Comment

I mean, he can shoot the ball
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

poor man's Terrence Ross
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X