Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot
    replied
    Monroe just signed with 76'ers for the rest of the year after being let go by the Celtics.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    HogieTime wrote: View Post
    Jack Armstrong saying tonight during the game that the Raptors may add a 15th man before the playoffs. Bring on a big man vet please, like zbo or Gortat!
    I suspect it will be Moreland.

Leave a comment:

• HogieTime
    replied
    Jack Armstrong saying tonight during the game that the Raptors may add a 15th man before the playoffs. Bring on a big man vet please, like zbo or Gortat!

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Zak24gege wrote: View Post
    I think there is something called the Meek Effect. Every time Meek is around, Powell shoots lights out. He was 3/4 or 4/5 from deep last night?
    More like Meek is required more effort to defend which leaves Powell with a little bit of more room to operate.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Reading these descriptions, I can't bring myself to watch the video...Hope it's a full recovery.
    Signs from surgery are good. I think it was a better injury to have then Haywards cause it didnt involve the ankle. Pretty similar to paul george's break but nurkic is like 280 pounds. And he's only 24 and doesnt rely on athleticism to much. He'll be back to almost full strength eventually. The thing i always think about is mentally. It was hard for me to even go play pick up ball and jump around willy nilly after seeing haywards live. I cant imagine what the dudes who go through these type of injury are thinking every time they go up for a rebound etc.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    I think there is something called the Meek Effect. Every time Meek is around, Powell shoots lights out. He was 3/4 or 4/5 from deep last night?

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

That was a fucked up injury. The sound man... It's not even the actually injuries that get me in situations like these although it does make me squeem. Its the players, the guy hurt his team mates coaches even the opposing team. These guys have so much riding on a game when you see something like that its just such a blow to everyone man. I hope for the best for Nurkic.
    Reading these descriptions, I can't bring myself to watch the video...Hope it's a full recovery.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

Awful but freakish injury. Doesn't really bother me at all, I watched it a few times, then slo-mo and freeze frame. The amount and angle of the leg break was bizarre. Prayers up for a full recovery.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post

Well there will be a competition for other big men as The Blazers will now need one...poor Nurkic...if you are squeamish dont see it..this is worst than Hayward injury..
    Awful but freakish injury. Doesn't really bother me at all, I watched it a few times, then slo-mo and freeze frame. The amount and angle of the leg break was bizarre. Prayers up for a full recovery.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post

It looked pretty much the same to me. For some reason those type of injuries don't make me as squeamish as knee injuries do. It's weird.
    That was a fucked up injury. The sound man... It's not even the actually injuries that get me in situations like these although it does make me squeem. Its the players, the guy hurt his team mates coaches even the opposing team. These guys have so much riding on a game when you see something like that its just such a blow to everyone man. I hope for the best for Nurkic.

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied

Well there will be a competition for other big men as The Blazers will now need one...poor Nurkic...if you are squeamish dont see it..this is worst than Hayward injury..
    It looked pretty much the same to me. For some reason those type of injuries don't make me as squeamish as knee injuries do. It's weird.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

We don't even want someone for 10 minutes a night -- sure as hell not when the playoffs come around. It's a break glass in case of emergency scenario. And yes, we should have an axe, or some type of polish hammer thing behind said glass just in case.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied

Last year Gortat was bad in the playoffs, he isnt the same player. I agree that the Raptors may need a rebounder bruiser type and he may still have something in the tank for 10 minutes a night.
    We don't even want someone for 10 minutes a night -- sure as hell not when the playoffs come around. It's a break glass in case of emergency scenario. And yes, we should have an axe, or some type of polish hammer thing behind said glass just in case.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    HogieTime wrote: View Post
    I really think we need a vet big man now. like Gortat #1 choice, Randolph #2 choice. Some old fashion bruisers who are good for fouls and can actually grab some boards. Really surprised no one had picked up Gortat. Does he just really suck not from last time I saw him play? I remember him being pretty damn good in the playoffs with Washington, kind of like a poor man's Valanciunas.
    Last year Gortat was bad in the playoffs, he isnt the same player. I agree that the Raptors may need a rebounder bruiser type and he may still have something in the tank for 10 minutes a night.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Rather Meeks than Moreland.
    Meeks was signed cause at this point they can't trust neither Lin or Powell with their shooting.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X