X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    I think there's a good chance it could be Moreland. I highly doubt it'll be Lloyd. With Lin and Norm... we're pretty deep at guard, while we have a clear and present need for depth at the 4/5. I had read something, can't remember where, maybe home page that suggested it wouldn't be lloyd... hadn't seen that from Lewenberg. They're gonna save money any way they can.. so I'd bet on one big only.

When you say released from the Spanish team, who are you referring to? Are any of those you've listed Spanish??
    Talking bout BEBE. He was playing in spain this year but dont think he was getting any minutes. I was just reading an article about how he was depressed and had a drinking problem. something we kinda heard whispers about in Toronto. He said he was 3 months sober now and want to get back to playing in the NBA. But i think right now mooreland would be better then him.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    I think there's a good chance it could be Moreland. I highly doubt it'll be Lloyd. With Lin and Norm... we're pretty deep at guard, while we have a clear and present need for depth at the 4/5. I had read something, can't remember where, maybe home page that suggested it wouldn't be lloyd... hadn't seen that from Lewenberg. They're gonna save money any way they can.. so I'd bet on one big only.

When you say released from the Spanish team, who are you referring to? Are any of those you've listed Spanish??

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied

We'll have to add another player to the roster after the next 14 days -- at which point I suspect you'll get your wish. Until then they'll likely try to hold off to save money on the luxury tax.
    think they bring mooreland back? I dunno how many bigs are out their beside gortat. montehunias just got picked up by SA and Lewenberg was saying we will probably convert Loyd right before playoffs for some guard insurance like we did with brown last year. I know be be has been released from his Spanish team. as fun as he was to have on the team I'd still take mooreland over him.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Raps let Mooreland 10 day expire. I thought he might stick cause of his knowledge of the playbook and i like the energy he played with. I think that we still need a insurance big as we are pretty deep at the wing and guard spot. I combo 4-5 would be the ideal type of player IMO.
    We'll have to add another player to the roster after the next 14 days -- at which point I suspect you'll get your wish. Until then they'll likely try to hold off to save money on the luxury tax.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Raps let Mooreland 10 day expire. I thought he might stick cause of his knowledge of the playbook and i like the energy he played with. I think that we still need a insurance big as we are pretty deep at the wing and guard spot. I combo 4-5 would be the ideal type of player IMO.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

Well, he’s a dumb dumby den.
    It's okay to be a ring chaser when you're on the wrong side of 30. But Warriors? Yeah, that's pretty lame.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Well, he’s a dumb dumby den.

(thanks for sharing golden. That articles dated Feb 21... so if he can’t read the tea leaves yet — then enjoy retirement, Marcy.)
    Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Wed Mar 13, 2019, 11:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

Have you read that or are you speculating? They don't really need him. They already have Cousins. They picked up Bogut who was just putting up big numbers internationally and then they've got another center in Damian Jones who's actually averaging 17min/game this year. ... Maybe the Bucks? Not entirely sure whether their roster is full.

Either way. I'm happy with Moreland for the time being. Just needed some big body to put out there against larger centers, especially with Ibaka out. Good to give Eric a test and see how he does. I liked him well enough when he played for us in the preseason. Not spectacular, but serviceable. And youth is a plus... to spell off the tired old guys we got when needs be.
    https://warriorswire.usatoday.com/20...-golden-state/

After being waived by the Clippers, it was reported that Gortat is interested in joining the GSW.

The news went quiet after that, but today Karol Wasiek, reliable journalist who’s close to top Polish players, claimed that Marcin Gortat already turned down several offers from NBA teams, most notably from the Bucks, with very strong intent to sign with the Warriors.

What’s more, Gortat is very persistent about that – if there won’t be any offer from the Dubs, he’s ready to lose the rest of the season.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    I like the Moreland signing. He was good in pre-season, and a tryout is what they were looking for right now, not a rest of season deal. This will bridge the Ibaka suspension, letting Moreland get some run (so an actual chance to try out). And then they can get another 14 cheap days before they start worrying about locking up a guy for the rest of the season. And after this tryout they'll have a better idea if a guy like Moreland is the way to go, or if they want to chase a Gortat (I'd hope not, personally).

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    I thought Bogut is signing with Warriors?

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Gortat is waiting on Golden State. I liked Moreland in preseason. Tough, gritty..., plays with energy and..... rebounds.
    Have you read that or are you speculating? They don't really need him. They already have Cousins. They picked up Bogut who was just putting up big numbers internationally and then they've got another center in Damian Jones who's actually averaging 17min/game this year. ... Maybe the Bucks? Not entirely sure whether their roster is full.

Either way. I'm happy with Moreland for the time being. Just needed some big body to put out there against larger centers, especially with Ibaka out. Good to give Eric a test and see how he does. I liked him well enough when he played for us in the preseason. Not spectacular, but serviceable. And youth is a plus... to spell off the tired old guys we got when needs be.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Career G Leaguer...must be something up with Gortat cause this is a strange one
    Gortat is waiting on Golden State. I liked Moreland in preseason. Tough, gritty..., plays with energy and..... rebounds.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

He played for the Raptors in pre-season last year.. just remembered. So they already know about him. He's not really had a career in the NBA. Played for 3 teams, but really only played for the Pistons in 16-17. Hasn't really been in the G-league either.. last stop was in 16-17 as well.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied

I think he was on the preseason roster? if so maybe his familiarity with the playbook played into this. could be a place holder to till serge suspension is over and then grab the guy were gonna go into the playoffs with

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    wasnt't moreland on the preseason roster? if hes the guy a remember he was alright. Good insurance big id still play boucher over him for the time being though

Leave a comment:

Working...
X