X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Career G Leaguer...must be something up with Gortat cause this is a strange one

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Orlando, Phoenix, Washington, LAC...

(So looks like with Orlando in 2009... and 10 years later he shall return, a Raptor.)
    so it been written so its been told

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

who did gortat play in the finals with? it thought he only played for the suns then the wiz?
    Orlando, Phoenix, Washington, LAC...

(So looks like with Orlando in 2009... and 10 years later he shall return, a Raptor.)
    Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Wed Mar 13, 2019, 04:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Gortat has NBA Finals experience, fwiw. His rebounding has not dropped off since his prime, so he'd instantly become our best defensive rebounder and possibly best screen setter. If those things becomes important in certain matchups, then moving ahead of Gasol or Ibaka in the depth chart is not inconceivable. Gortat is kind of like an older, less talented version of JV.
    who did gortat play in the finals with? it thought he only played for the suns then the wiz?

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Imagine they pick up Gortat and he plays his way ahead of Gasol in the rotation (not even inconceivable at the moment). That would be so funny I would cry so hard.
    Doubt it. If Gortat plays here and plays well, you give the starting spot to Gasol, Gortat plays back up C, Ibaka slides to backup PF/C and OG goes back to his natural SF spot.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Imagine they pick up Gortat and he plays his way ahead of Gasol in the rotation (not even inconceivable at the moment). That would be so funny I would cry so hard.
    Gortat has NBA Finals experience, fwiw. His rebounding has not dropped off since his prime, so he'd instantly become our best defensive rebounder and possibly best screen setter. If those things becomes important in certain matchups, then moving ahead of Gasol or Ibaka in the depth chart is not inconceivable. Gortat is kind of like an older, less talented version of JV.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

Had actually been going by what I'd heard others say, I think, but just found this on Hoopshype... So maybe Saturday?

Toronto and Miami have been at 13 players since March 2, when 10-day contracts expired for Jodie Meeks and Emanuel Terry, respectively. They’ll have until this Saturday to get back to 14 players. Meeks and Terry remain on the free agent market, making them candidates to rejoin the Raptors and Heat, but both teams could end up going in different directions.
    Either way, they've used up most of that window and will likely try to add some depth for Thursday's game.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied

Cool, thanks! So we get to see what the team is like without Ibaka for one game. If we struggle with Boucher or Siakam at the 5 than we're probably going to want to pick up another center for the short term. Maybe Gortat on a 10 day or something.
    Had actually been going by what I'd heard others say, I think, but just found this on Hoopshype... So maybe Saturday?

Toronto and Miami have been at 13 players since March 2, when 10-day contracts expired for Jodie Meeks and Emanuel Terry, respectively. They’ll have until this Saturday to get back to 14 players. Meeks and Terry remain on the free agent market, making them candidates to rejoin the Raptors and Heat, but both teams could end up going in different directions.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Think it's Friday
    Cool, thanks! So we get to see what the team is like without Ibaka for one game. If we struggle with Boucher or Siakam at the 5 than we're probably going to want to pick up another center for the short term. Maybe Gortat on a 10 day or something.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    When do we need to pick up that 14th guy? The deadline has to be coming up soon, no?
    Think it's Friday

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    When do we need to pick up that 14th guy? The deadline has to be coming up soon, no?

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

Ingram got an extra game tagged onto his because Lance Stephenson of all people was trying to cool him down and Adam Silver's rule is if Lance Stephenson is trying to talk you down, you get an automatic bonus game added to your suspension. Rule is called "Cray Cray +1" page 45 Section C Subsection 41-A.
    Good research, but while the rule now applies to loony Lance, it did not begin with him. It was handed down by the artist previously known as Ron Artest, who had it handed down by the godfather, the worm. Thus, it was known as the Rodman Rule.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X