Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Raps @ Knicks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    I agree, Gasol should start. But the fit is bad, which is why I don't think it was a good trade.
    Ibaka hasn’t done anything not to start but we have to go through the process of Gasol after learning the system plays better then we switch it up

    Comment


    • #62
      Kawhi will play. Gasol probable, he needs to complete paperwork

      Comment


      • #63

        Comment


        • #64
          rocwell wrote: View Post
          Kawhi will play. Gasol probable, he needs to complete paperwork
          Gasol will play 100% book it. Because I say so ...

          Comment


          • #65
            consmap wrote: View Post
            Is Dan untouchable in the off season?
            The New Orleans message board wanted Dan in the Mirotic deal, that's why it didn't happen
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

            Comment


            • #66
              rocwell wrote: View Post
              Kawhi will play. Gasol probable, he needs to complete paperwork
              One thing I kinda like about the Gasol thing is that he would play with a broken leg. Might be something for one of our other guys to ponder.

              Comment


              • #67
                G__Deane wrote: View Post
                Gasol will play 100% book it. Because I say so ...
                Bookmarked.

                Comment


                • #68
                  slaw wrote: View Post
                  One thing I kinda like about the Gasol thing is that he would play with a broken leg. Might be something for one of our other guys to ponder.
                  Gasol has missed an average of 16 games per year over the previous three years, but okay.

                  For reference, even including this injury-ridden year, Kyle Lowry has played seven more games than Gasol over the past four years.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    But the most likely reason for that struggle is Lowry being injured and/or mentally checked out, combined with Fred being less than 100% when he starts. This is, IMO, the core issue.
                    Again, Fred being less than 100% is irrelevant because I'm not looking at the starters performance with Fred. I'm looking at the starters (Lowry, Green, Kawhi, Siakam, Serge and only that unit) performance.

                    It was very good early in the season. When it was very good, the JV version was dramatically better. Then it was OK (for a stretch before Lowry got hurt), and the JV version was good (ie far better than the Serge version). Then Lowry and JV got hurt, eventually Lowry came back, and it's been bad since. All of those samples are pretty sizeable ones.

                    So. We can pin all the struggles on Lowry. We can. But to do so ignores that it's been a constant downward trend since Lowry's insane shooting dropped off like 10 games into the season, and that at every stage where a JV alternative was available, that alternative performed better than the Serge unit. Why, given that, are we all excited about how the Serge unit has performed, to the extent that we may not be willing to start Marc Gasol for fear of losing the incredible value of starting Serge Ibaka?
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                      Yup. Moreover I don’t think anyone is making the argument that Serge should start because the starters as a unit are playing so well together. The observation is that Serge has been playing very well as a C especially in comparison to last year and it will be interesting how Nurse manages minutes.

                      To be clear I think Gasol should start. But people are talking about it because Serge is playing better than last year not because they ran advanced lineup stats on NBA.com
                      The only reason I brought any of this up is because of a trade piece from Lowe that suggested that the starting unit with Ibaka has been so good (not Ibaka, the lineup with Ibaka) that he questioned what they would do with Gasol.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Kawhi will play. Gasol probable, he needs to complete paperwork

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          I wonder how many fans of different teams look at the schedule and go "Alright. We're playing the Knicks tomorrow night. They are sooo trash. Mark this down as a win."

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Gasol has missed an average of 16 games per year over the previous three years, but okay.

                            For reference, even including this injury-ridden year, Kyle Lowry has played seven more games than Gasol over the past four years.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Frank M. wrote: View Post
                              U sure Kawhi will definitely play? The status shows he’s questionable for the game


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Nope. Nothing has been confirmed. But I will speak it into fact; he's playing

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                DanH wrote: View Post
                                It was very good early in the season. When it was very good, the JV version was dramatically better. Then it was OK (for a stretch before Lowry got hurt), and the JV version was good (ie far better than the Serge version). Then Lowry and JV got hurt, eventually Lowry came back, and it's been bad since. All of those samples are pretty sizeable ones.

                                So. We can pin all the struggles on Lowry. We can. But to do so ignores that it's been a constant downward trend since Lowry's insane shooting dropped off like 10 games into the season, and that at every stage where a JV alternative was available, that alternative performed better than the Serge unit. Why, given that, are we all excited about how the Serge unit has performed, to the extent that we may not be willing to start Marc Gasol for fear of losing the incredible value of starting Serge Ibaka?
                                I just don't concede that those 'Starters with Ibaka vs. JV' numbers give decent insight into Ibaka's play and impact. The sample size is too small, to say nothing of the fact that we aren't controlling for the strength of the opponent in each scenario (dollars to donuts says the 'Starter with JV' set was playing weaker competition, given where we are in the modern NBA).
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X