Everything Jeremy Lin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post
    The bigger contracts are also necessary for Masai to complete bigger trades. He needs to match salary with somewhat good value so all these young guys being slightly overpaid isn’t a terrible thing.
    What an indictment of the NBA. You need overpriced contract to make trades

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
      I wonder how many other fans of how many other teams (20? 25?) would love to have a GM who "constantly seems to fuck up" like Masai does.

Raptor fandom is special... or at least certain members of it.

I guess if the Raptors make it to the NBA finals, and then lose, we can put it down to Masai constantly overpaying role players.

And all this in the first year of the Raptors existence in which quality veterans are excited about coming to Toronto, are naming Toronto as a desired destination and are arranging waiver details so they can get there.
      Oh come off it. I'm a huge Masai fan. I said "constantly seems to fuck up and overpay his role players" which he does and has done here and in Denver. It's one flaw out of a whole lot of good shit the guy does.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
        What an indictment of the NBA. You need overpriced contract to make trades
        Unions. AMIRITE??!?!?

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          Oh come off it. I'm a huge Masai fan. I said "constantly seems to fuck up and overpay his role players" which he does and has done here and in Denver. It's one flaw out of a whole lot of good shit the guy does.
          Glad to hear it. I'll only note that it doesn't seem to have hurt the team too much. Or Masai is great at landing on his feet.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
            I wonder how many other fans of how many other teams (20? 25?) would love to have a GM who "constantly seems to fuck up" like Masai does.

Raptor fandom is special... or at least certain members of it.

I guess if the Raptors make it to the NBA finals, and then lose, we can put it down to Masai constantly overpaying role players.

And all this in the first year of the Raptors existence in which quality veterans are excited about coming to Toronto, are naming Toronto as a desired destination and are arranging waiver details so they can get there.
            C'mon, Puff. Questioning one's fandom on a fan board is like playing the race card. A bit too quick on the draw on this discussion as there was actually some useful insight that cropped up. No bigger fan of Masai on this board than yours truly, but even The Masaiah is not above criticism or at least some mild post-game analysis for some of the moves he's made. You took that to Defcon 5, lol.
            Last edited by golden; Tue Feb 12, 2019, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• J-Lin will be wearing #17 for the Raptors! Love it!
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Comment

• LOL, that photoshopped JV jersey with 90% of the letters scratched out proved to be accurate.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    C'mon, Puff. Questioning one's fandom on a fan board is like playing the race card. A bit too quick on the draw on this discussion as there was actually some useful insight that cropped up. No bigger fan of Masai on this board than yours truly, but even The Masaiah is not above criticism or at least some mild post-game analysis for some of the moves he's made. You took that to Defcon 5, lol.
                    You may think it's like playing the race card. Others don't. Sometimes the Dunning-Krugerisms need to be called out.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                      J-Lin will be wearing #17 for the Raptors! Love it!
                      That number should be in the rafters one day
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                        That number should be in the rafters one day
                        If the Raps win the title this year with Lin being a big part of it then sure.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

If the Raps win the title this year with Lin being a big part of it then sure.
                          It will be the first ever double jersey retirement when Lin hits a big 3 in the finals. The jersey will read vaLancuINas with the LIN in black the rest in white
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• From the perspective of TOR re: Jeremy Lin. The PG will clear waivers at 5PM on Wednesday just in time for their game @ WAS. TOR can hold off until after the break (save $170K towards the tax) or use him on Wed. Would think Lin on the court has more value than $170K in savings.
                            Sure

Comment

J-Lin will be wearing #17 for the Raptors! Love it!
                              Too early imo but no big deal

Comment

• Wednesdays Wiz game now becomes a must watch. It's like a whole new team with Gasol and Lin
                                Last edited by G__Deane; Tue Feb 12, 2019, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X