Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris bosh on Toronto & 2010 free agency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    Come on man, that doesn't count. He was a bench warmer for them that year.
    I forgot he even was there
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

    Comment


    • #77
      JawsGT wrote: View Post
      I feel that overall, the american media is frightened to death of the possibility of the raptors winning a championship. I'm not sure they are going to know what to do with themselves if we ever win it all. They are in general very dismissive of whats going on up here. Any other team in the league makes the moves the Raps have made since the offseason, and they are being hyped as contenders and potential GSW de-throners (is that a word?)
      It has nothing to do with being frightened of the Raps winning. It's the "I'm not looking like a damn fool again for picking the Raptors" commentators covering their asses.

      The American media was 150% behind the Raps heading into that Cavs series last year. Even Vegas was picking us to win it convincingly. Raps absolutely cratered, yet again, especially DeRozan. It's how we have been exiting the playoffs that stays etched into their minds as a lasting impression. 3 out of the last 4 were pathetic sweeps (not just Lebron), which would have been 4-for-4 if the Cavs didn't go into party mode early that year we went to the ECF. Great regular season team is our rep, until proven otherwise.

      With DD & Casey gone, I suppose now it comes down to not trusting Lowry, and an unproven Nurse, which is a completely reasonable opinion.

      Comment


      • #78
        JawsGT wrote: View Post
        I feel that overall, the american media is frightened to death of the possibility of the raptors winning a championship. I'm not sure they are going to know what to do with themselves if we ever win it all. They are in general very dismissive of whats going on up here. Any other team in the league makes the moves the Raps have made since the offseason, and they are being hyped as contenders and potential GSW de-throners (is that a word?)
        Same thing happened with the Blue Jays until they won it all.....back. to. back.

        Comment


        • #79
          G__Deane wrote: View Post
          Same thing happened with the Blue Jays until they won it all.....back. to. back.
          And people aren't even paying attention either. After we beat the Warriors for the 2nd time in Golden State, the Raps were immediately crowned as the east's Finals representative by everybody including long-time haters like Stephen A Smith. Losing 3 of 4 to the Bucks (2 on our home court, last one being no contest) as well as losing to the Celtics and Spurs on national TV and Lowry slumping have people jumping off our bandwagon. I don't see any issue with the US media this year.

          Comment


          • #80
            Technically McGrady was on the Rockets when the Rockets lost to the Lakers in 7 during 2009 2nd round matchup (I think Yao got hurt game 1 or 2). But McGrady was injured during the regular season... then also went on to predict his team would lose to the Lakers. What a cunt.

            Comment


            • #81
              I think all the fans think the media is out to get them or disrespect them. The media can't be hating on everyone. I saw Warriors fans post how the refs and media are picking on them....

              Comment


              • #82
                Our man Bosh....




                A couple of thoughts ... Chris Bosh is not an alpha male leader type. He is quite the follower in my view ... and latched onto Lebron and Wade.

                That he left to go to Miami was a choice he made and perfectly his right under the movement rules. He however did a lot of fence sitting that last year postulating while he knew he was going. Dont blame him.

                ...cause it was the nutsack BC who allowed him to play the Raps. Bosh in my view could not lead the Raptors without significant help let alone another frontline player better than him. BC should have traded him the year before for what would have been a great return ... so we did not have to hear this version of events ten years later.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Our man Bosh....




                  A couple of thoughts ... Chris Bosh is not an alpha male leader type. He is quite the follower in my view ... and latched onto Lebron and Wade.

                  That he left to go to Miami was a choice he made and perfectly his right under the movement rules. He however did a lot of fence sitting that last year postulating while he knew he was going. Dont blame him.

                  ...cause it was the nutsack BC who allowed him to play the Raps. Bosh in my view could not lead the Raptors without significant help let alone another frontline player better than him. BC should have traded him the year before for what would have been a great return ... so we did not have to hear this version of events ten years later.
                  Still helluva a player, especially if he was healthy in this era. Not all all-star players can be leaders... look at Kyrie.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                    Still helluva a player, especially if he was healthy in this era. Not all all-star players can be leaders... look at Kyrie.
                    Yes he was... but not a franchise leader/player type imo. His position (pf) did not lend to this as well in his "era". But going to MIami he morphed into the stretch pf with his outside shot which then came into vogue. He is/was a good piece complimenting a good team. The Raptors could not offer him that environment. Kyrie is still immature. I cant say but he strikes me as not a team player.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      golden wrote: View Post
                      It has nothing to do with being frightened of the Raps winning. It's the "I'm not looking like a damn fool again for picking the Raptors" commentators covering their asses.

                      The American media was 150% behind the Raps heading into that Cavs series last year. Even Vegas was picking us to win it convincingly. Raps absolutely cratered, yet again, especially DeRozan. It's how we have been exiting the playoffs that stays etched into their minds as a lasting impression. 3 out of the last 4 were pathetic sweeps (not just Lebron), which would have been 4-for-4 if the Cavs didn't go into party mode early that year we went to the ECF. Great regular season team is our rep, until proven otherwise.

                      With DD & Casey gone, I suppose now it comes down to not trusting Lowry, and an unproven Nurse, which is a completely reasonable opinion.
                      Not buying it. Many of these reporters are biased, and it shows with what they say and write. Although to be fair, its the talking heads i'm focused on, not actual reporters who might have a more objective POV. Remember all the crap that was said after we acquired leonard. Alot of these guys are probably just looking for clicks and such. Hmmm...maybe it has more to do with their audience then what they actually think.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        G__Deane wrote: View Post
                        Same thing happened with the Blue Jays until they won it all.....back. to. back.
                        I was wondering about that. Back then i only played attention to the actual games. Maybe they'll be more open to the club after we win. Ultimately, there are probably numerous american NBA franchises that are looked at similarly. Maybe it's just better for business to focus on the storied franchises who have larger fan bases.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          He was right about the handicap, it's fairly blatant.

                          But the rest.... yeah, dick move on his part really.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X