X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge
    replied
    Zak24gege wrote: View Post
    Biggest bargain Pascal at $2.3m next year. I think he would be a RFA? Wonder if MU looking to sign Siakam to an extension this summer? That will be a big one!
    Sweet avatar bud

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Green brings it on the court every minute he's on the floor.

He can go wear flannel with his buds if he wants, I will allow it.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

Trade Danny for DD now

And if it was was back when they played in San Antonio, it wasn't reported anywhere that I saw then. So how could anyone have criticized it?
    Last edited by G__Deane; Sat Feb 23, 2019, 06:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Overall contracts of the whole league isn't really a good way to determine the value of his contract. That excludes all the starting players on rookie deals and the position. PG tend to get more $ the top 3 contracts right now are all PGs. Search up just PG contracts. I think you'll be surprised to see the dudes in FVV range. And look at the type of money guys like reggie jackson, jeff teague and ricky rubio are getting payed. FVV contract if anything a underpay. No problem with the moneys he getting.
    Biggest bargain Pascal at $2.3m next year. I think he would be a RFA? Wonder if MU looking to sign Siakam to an extension this summer? That will be a big one!

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    We're too old school, man. It's all about the brotherhood these days. It all started with the Lebron era Team USA. A lot of what's changed with NBA players these days (good & bad) can be traced back to Lebron.
    From the perspective of someone growing up playing and watching hockey as far back as one's memory goes, much of the NBA post game fraternization just doesn't sit right. I can recall when helping an opposing player up off the floor immediately sparked a debate amongst the tv analysts. Today it's routinely done, no big deal. Even baseball with the champagne drenched, ski-goggle wearing celebrations after winning the wild card game seems way too premature. That's a separate debate.

I can't attribute the behaviour to a single player other than agree it's the star players that determine the trends with the supporting cast following his / her's example.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    I was inferring FVV's contract being ranked 147 overall (30 teams, 5 starters = 150) is low end starter $'s. As far as comparable he is very close in pay to Rondo. FVV was a solid back-up PG for 1 year. (Basketball-Reference.com).
    Overall contracts of the whole league isn't really a good way to determine the value of his contract. That excludes all the starting players on rookie deals and the position. PG tend to get more $ the top 3 contracts right now are all PGs. Search up just PG contracts. I think you'll be surprised to see the dudes in FVV range. And look at the type of money guys like reggie jackson, jeff teague and ricky rubio are getting payed. FVV contract if anything a underpay. No problem with the moneys he getting.
    Last edited by bertarapsfan; Sat Feb 23, 2019, 05:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    Kyles was a overpay for a shorter term. that what you have to do in order to get him off the book when he is firmly in the decline but still keep him with the raps same with ibake. Norm is really the only bad contract on the team but if he comes around it could be a valuable trade. Lots of people have been ripping on FVV contract i think its ridiculous. Thats not starter money man can you point me to a starting PG in this league that make less then fred? (rookie contracts done count).
    I was inferring FVV's contract being ranked 147 overall (30 teams, 5 starters = 150) is low end starter $'s. As far as comparable he is very close in pay to Rondo. FVV was a solid back-up PG for 1 year. (Basketball-Reference.com).

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    You are assuming everyone thinks Green doing it was okay. I view both as inappropriate. Not a big deal either way but I don’t think it’s professional behaviour.
    We're too old school, man. It's all about the brotherhood these days. It all started with the Lebron era Team USA. A lot of what's changed with NBA players these days (good & bad) can be traced back to Lebron.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    I think we do overpay our guys. Kyle has the 7th highest salary this year. Powell has not played anywhere near his $10M salary. FVV is making 30% above league avg ($6.9M) and 3x league median ($3M). He is getting starter $'s (granted low end of pay scale) after 1 year in back-up role. Perhaps our slightly higher tax structure contributes some of the premium. Being the only non-US club could be another. All I'm saying is we do seem to pay a premium, as to why?
    Kyles was a overpay for a shorter term. that what you have to do in order to get him off the book when he is firmly in the decline but still keep him with the raps same with ibake. Norm is really the only bad contract on the team but if he comes around it could be a valuable trade. Lots of people have been ripping on FVV contract i think its ridiculous. Thats not starter money man can you point me to a starting PG in this league that make less then fred? (rookie contracts done count).

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    I think you're confused.

All those posters The Great One quoted were criticizing DeMar for going into the locker room post game. He then posted a tweet that showed Danny Green did the EXACT SAME thing when we played in San Antonio and not one of them made a sound.

So you should be telling all of them to "breathe" not me. I had no issue with DeMar going into the locker room to see his friends, just like I had no issue with Green doing it. I am consistent, they are not because they hate DeRozan.
    So just because nobody said anything means they are okay with Green doing it? Keep assuming, its funny how someone who thinks they are always right is once again wrong about what I or other people on this sub think. Green shouldn't have done it either, do it outside of the locker room/arena.

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Absolutely destroyed. Fucking hypocrites.
    😝 calm down tiger! Ya as slaw mentioned Danny shouldnt do it either IMO. I wouldnt do it I guess you would - cool dude. From the limited sports Ive played opposition locker is enemy territory. If the NBA is all flakey nowadays so be it. Cheesy to me.

And for the record I dont hate DD I love the guy as far as you can love an athlete youve never met. Just always thought raps could only go so far as long as its highest volume shooter didnt shoot well and played poor d

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    I think we do overpay our guys. Kyle has the 7th highest salary this year. Powell has not played anywhere near his $10M salary. FVV is making 30% above league avg ($6.9M) and 3x league median ($3M). He is getting starter $'s (granted low end of pay scale) after 1 year in back-up role. Perhaps our slightly higher tax structure contributes some of the premium. Being the only non-US club could be another. All I'm saying is we do seem to pay a premium, as to why?
    Last edited by Zak24gege; Sat Feb 23, 2019, 04:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    I think the FVV contract was great it's pretty cheap for a PG man. the only OG's making less then Fred are Cory Joseph pat Beverly and DJ Austine the rest are dudes on rookie contracts or vets like Calderon. FVV for 2 years at 9 mil is a good deal 4 the team. we may end paying our next backup more then that and wish their was a 3rd year on f refs deal

Leave a comment:

• Truth Teller
    replied
    you realize lin was getting paid 12 million a year before his buyout? what FVV is average to a little below average for what a backup pg/ 6 man get paid. FVV contract is fine its only for 2 years
    Lin got that contract from Brooklyn to be the starter a few years ago. My point is that we can always look for cheap role players as Masai tends to overpay our role players that we developed/drafted.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Truth Teller wrote: View Post
    Lin has been maybe slightly better than FVV (much better using PnR). Which brings to the question: Why even give backup PG a big deal? We can get players on vet min.
    you realize lin was getting paid 12 million a year before his buyout? what FVV is average to a little below average for what a backup pg/ 6 man get paid. FVV contract is fine its only for 2 years

Leave a comment:

Working...
X