Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zainab wrote: View Post
    DISCUSS.

My favourite non-Raptor player. As much for his kick - ass attitude as for his on court abilities

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      What is going on in Orlando? They're steamrolling everybody

Last 5 games:
      Beat wolves by 10
      Beat bucks by 20 (on the road!)
      Beat hawks by 16
      Beat pels by 30
      Up 35 on Hornets at the half
      Won by 38.....when was the last time we won a game by 38?

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
        Won by 38.....when was the last time we won a game by 38?
        We don't win games by 38 anymore because when we're up 25ish at the end of the 3rd and the game is basically in the fold, we bring out the 3rd stringers (garbage time) so the our main guys can rest and lower the chances of getting hurt. This is actually what every team expecting to have a deep playoff run should do.

There is just one game we won by 38+ this season: Nov 17 vs the Bulls. We tried not to beat them so badly and rest our main guys by running a fair chunk of Zo Brown, Richardson, Loyd and Monroe. The "problem" is the Bulls were so bad, that these 4 guys who typically don't score much, still combined for 34 points. So we "unintentionally" blew them out anyway.

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post
          DISCUSS.

The only thing that can stop Giannis is the 3-point line.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            Orlando can be sneaky good.. they kicked our asses earlier in the year too. They have guys that can get hot from outside. Vucevic can be a pain in the ass. Issac and Gordon are decent players. Their coach knows how to put a defense together.

Personally would like to see them miss the playoffs again.. just so we don't have to face them. Only 1/2 game back from 8th once they win tonight.
            Ya, I wouldn't want to face them nor Detroit in the first round..

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
              We don't win games by 38 anymore because when we're up 25ish at the end of the 3rd and the game is basically in the fold, we bring out the 3rd stringers (garbage time) so the our main guys can rest and lower the chances of getting hurt. This is actually what every team expecting to have a deep playoff run should do.

There is just one game we won by 38+ this season: Nov 17 vs the Bulls. We tried not to beat them so badly and rest our main guys by running a fair chunk of Zo Brown, Richardson, Loyd and Monroe. The "problem" is the Bulls were so bad, that these 4 guys who typically don't score much, still combined for 34 points. So we "unintentionally" blew them out anyway.
              that was early in the season...lately the rap games have been tight or they've had to come from behind...it's been awhile when they blew out a team I believe.....i think the last time was against Washington on the road, but then they stormed back..

Comment

spicy_d wrote: View Post
                Ya, I wouldn't want to face them nor Detroit in the first round..
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                  He has been working on that too...

Comment

Theres not 1 guy who can stop any of the best players in the league. With no hand checking, players like Harden can literally run amok. I don't like hand checking btw, just wanted to point out that no one can stop Lebron, KD, Kyrie, Curry, Giannis, Siakam or Harden 1v1. Although Kawai is as close as it gets.

Comment

Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                      Hes shooting worse and worse from 3. I think ever since he got jacked, hes been shooting way worse than he did a few years back.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...antetgi01.html

Comment

Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                        22%. Keep working.

Comment

spicy_d wrote: View Post
                          that was early in the season...lately the rap games have been tight or they've had to come from behind...it's been awhile when they blew out a team I believe.....i think the last time was against Washington on the road, but then they stormed back..
                          It doesn't really matter when it happen in the season. The point is that it doesn't even matter that it happened or not happened at all (beating a team by over 38 points). Like the Raptors, the other top 4 teams in the league also only had 1 game so far where the won by more the 38:

GSW vs Spurs once
                          Bucks vs Blazers once
                          Nuggets vs Hawks once

That's it. Now is that because GSW/Nuggets/Bucks are incapable of blowing teams out like Suns, Knicks, Cavs etc. more often if they really wanted to? No, it's because it's silly to leave guys like Jokic/Giannis/Curry/Durant late in games and risk injury against weaker opponents, just to be able to say they had lots of blowout wins.

What matters is finding the right balance in getting a high seed (for home court) while also keeping guys healthy for the playoffs. That's how you manage to go far. There's no prize for how many regular season blowout wins you get, and teams set go far know it.

Comment

Glad you started this thread early Fury because this is a much anticipated game. Not just for the DD angle but because this will be a good test of the new look Raptors against Popovich and what he'll have cooked up defensively. I'm still feeling a little disoriented with our team who seem to have transformed radically overnight. Other than missing JV for sentimental reasons I think all of the changes are promising.....and even unexpected with what we saw of McCaw the other night....he's a blur! I feel that with Siakam's emergence as a potential big scorer, and Gasol's ability to score then there is a lot of pressure off of Lowry who now really can become a distributor and spot up shooter. Lin takes pressure off of FVV who can also be a spot up shooter and defender. While I liked Delon as well as JV there is no question at all that Gasol and Lin are smarter players who will make the athletes around them shine. The Bucks seem to have created a perfect storm and on nights when they are hitting their threes I'm not sure they are beatable by anyone but Golden State. But they don't always hit their threes and the Raptors are better equipped to defend Giannis than most teams. I think this Raptors team has a very good chance to come out of the east and give Golden State a good run. Very excited to watch the rest of the season unfold.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                              Take a look at his season splits:

October - 6.3% (2.7 3pa)
                              November - 14.3% (2.5 3pa)
                              December - 22.2% (2.1 3pa)
                              January - 30.6% (2.6 3pa)
                              February - 37.5% (2.7 3pa)

Steadily improving every month. Still taking at least 2 per game.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
                                It doesn't really matter when it happen in the season. The point is that it doesn't even matter that it happened or not happened at all (beating a team by over 38 points). Like the Raptors, the other top 4 teams in the league also only had 1 game so far where the won by more the 38:

GSW vs Spurs once
                                Bucks vs Blazers once
                                Nuggets vs Hawks once

That's it. Now is that because GSW/Nuggets/Bucks are incapable of blowing teams out like Suns, Knicks, Cavs etc. more often if they really wanted to? No, it's because it's silly to leave guys like Jokic/Giannis/Curry/Durant late in games and risk injury against weaker opponents, just to be able to say they had lots of blowout wins.

What matters is finding the right balance in getting a high seed (for home court) while also keeping guys healthy for the playoffs. That's how you manage to go far. There's no prize for how many regular season blowout wins you get, and teams set go far know it.

I'm not talking about other teams...don't change the subject...you countered by saying ...
                                "We don't win games by 38 anymore because when we're up 25ish at the end of the 3rd and the game is basically in the fold, we bring out the 3rd stringers (garbage time) so the our main guys can rest and lower the chances of getting hurt. This is actually what every team expecting to have a deep playoff run should do. "

well ....correct me if I'm wrong but when was the last time 25ish at the end of the 3rd and then bring in our players to play garbage minutes.? it's been awhile since we've been up significantly in the third quarter on a consistent basis .....from my recollection..it hasnt happened in awhile ...that's all I was saying ...and why it hasn't happened in awhile ? because lately they've been squeaking by....whether that's a bad sign for them for the playoffs is speculative...I'm just stating what I've observed to be correct ...that is all

Comment

Working...
                                X