No announcement yet.

Spurs @ Raps, 2/22/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruno starts for Memphis. And CJ is the first guy off the bench and Wright is the defacto backup PG. We need to appreciate just how much talent has been assembled here in Toronto.

Comment

• That was an ugly 25 points, but points 22 and 23 were Kawhi's best. Picking DeRozan's pocket.

Comment

• 2 things I learned again tonight.
        1)Not playing in 10 days causes rust
        2)The NBA is run by bookies.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          Bruno starts for Memphis. And CJ is the first guy off the bench and Wright is the defacto backup PG. We need to appreciate just how much talent has been assembled here in Toronto.
          Memphis is our sister club? Or the JV team?

Comment

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
            2 things I learned again tonight.
            1)Not playing in 10 days causes rust
            2)The NBA is run by bookies.
            Spurs +8.5

Marc Davis off to go meet Gambino family Toronto connection in a super 8 motel room
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• For those wondering about the inadvertent whistle call and if Lowry was established inbounds, here's the full rule:

An offensive player who is positioned Out-of-Bounds must re-establish his position on the court by having a least one foot inbounds and not be touching out-of-bounds before making contact with the ball.

Now go back and watch the clip and look at how eyes the ball as it bounces, making sure he stepped inbounds with his right foot & his left foot being completely off the floor as he establishes possession. Refs made the right call & I'm proud of them.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• SI was great, and better than Marc, should keep his spot till Marc earns it.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  For those wondering about the inadvertent whistle call and if Lowry was established inbounds, here's the full rule:

An offensive player who is positioned Out-of-Bounds must re-establish his position on the court by having a least one foot inbounds and not be touching out-of-bounds before making contact with the ball.

Now go back and watch the clip and look at how eyes the ball as it bounces, making sure he stepped inbounds with his right foot & his left foot being completely off the floor as he establishes possession. Refs made the right call & I'm proud of them.
                  Good find, I was amazed they thought of that in a split second. And yeah he got one in and reestablishes. I thought for a second it was both feet tho. Phew

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Spurs +8.5

Marc Davis off to go meet Gambino family Toronto connection in a super 8 motel room
                    Didnt do a good enough job tonight. Hopefully the Gambinos put him out his misery and we dont have to deal with him anymore.

Comment

• My granny back in the early 70s said why do you bother watching sports there all fixed. I laughed at her then but.........

Comment

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
                        My granny back in the early 70s said why do you bother watching sports there all fixed. I laughed at her then but.........
                        well its not like games havent been fixed before....but the guys today get paid so much it makes no sense for them to do it, but the refs could always pull it off...

Comment

For those wondering about the inadvertent whistle call and if Lowry was established inbounds, here's the full rule:

You got a link for that? The official rule book online doesn't explicitly state anything, so it's in an unpublished guideline somewhere. But the common knowledge and a lot of indirect sources have it as two feet, which was my understanding.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

My problem is not with the review. My problem is that they decided we had to inbound, and in our own end! (We needed another timeout to advance it)...,the right thing to do would be to continue the play, which was Lowry running out the clock, then at the end let both teams know they're checking that play. So unfair for us to have to make one more high risk play because the refs had an inkling on an otb play.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

It was the right call eventually, but I still feel that the NBA goes about that sort of play in the wrong way. It should be that if there's a 50/50 call on something that's reviewable, let play proceed and then review at the next dead ball (especially in the last minute of a game); maybe signal the scorer's table that you want a review if a dead ball doesn't happen immediately. In this case, let the play unfold until the the game ends or Lowry is fouled, and then go back and review. That's the path of having a wrong call have the least impact on a game.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                You got a link for that? The official rule book online doesn't explicitly state anything, so it's in an unpublished guideline somewhere. But the common knowledge and a lot of indirect sources have it as two feet, which was my understanding.
                                My rule book is about 17 years old but I believe rule 8 applies and the interpretation is that at least one foot must be reestablished in bounds. For FIBA, one foot is definitely enough as Article 23 would apply.

Comment

Working...
                                X