Spurs @ Raps, 2/22/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sanyo wrote: View Post
    well its not like games havent been fixed before....but the guys today get paid so much it makes no sense for them to do it, but the refs could always pull it off...
    Quick google search says refs get paid between 150k and 550k. I could understand some refs getting upset with the money getting thrown at mediocre players. Considering how easy it is to boost points in the second and third quarter (calling a BS blocking foul then giving a double tech), its really easy to make some money on the side.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      You got a link for that? The official rule book online doesn't explicitly state anything, so it's in an unpublished guideline somewhere. But the common knowledge and a lot of indirect sources have it as two feet, which was my understanding.
      https://videorulebook.nba.com/archiv...hing-the-ball/

Here you go, Dan. Got this from r/nba in a thread discussing the call.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Comment

• Delon and Bruno playing in crunch time.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Derozan tried to go at his best friend individually while Kyle played for the team.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              Derozan tried to go at his best friend individually while Kyle played for the team.
              Siakam was great esp in the 3rd, but Kyle was the best player in this game. Great to see him coming around lately. Hes shooting nearly 50% from 3 the last 6 or 8 games
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                For those wondering about the inadvertent whistle call and if Lowry was established inbounds, here's the full rule:

An offensive player who is positioned Out-of-Bounds must re-establish his position on the court by having a least one foot inbounds and not be touching out-of-bounds before making contact with the ball.

Now go back and watch the clip and look at how eyes the ball as it bounces, making sure he stepped inbounds with his right foot & his left foot being completely off the floor as he establishes possession. Refs made the right call & I'm proud of them.
                legally they weren't actually allowed to review that. since it was called in bound you can't go look of he was out of bounds. you can only review out of bounds when it has been called by the referee
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  For those wondering about the inadvertent whistle call and if Lowry was established inbounds, here's the full rule:

An offensive player who is positioned Out-of-Bounds must re-establish his position on the court by having a least one foot inbounds and not be touching out-of-bounds before making contact with the ball.

Now go back and watch the clip and look at how eyes the ball as it bounces, making sure he stepped inbounds with his right foot & his left foot being completely off the floor as he establishes possession. Refs made the right call & I'm proud of them.
                  They could still have let the last 2 seconds run out and then review the call. That was, when he was determined to be correctly on th ecourt, there wouldn't have to be an in-bound play to lose the last 2 seconds, foul Kawhi etc. I wouldn't be that quick to congratulate them lol

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                    legally they weren't actually allowed to review that. since it was called in bound you can't go look of he was out of bounds. you can only review out of bounds when it has been called by the referee
                    Actually I think he “inadvertently” blew his whistle in order to make sure he didn’t miss the call. And it needs to be inadvertent in order to not bias the call (by calling “out of bounds on Raptors”). At least that’s the way I see it. Otherwise, you’d think they wouldn’t have reviewed the play.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      My problem is not with the review. My problem is that they decided we had to inbound, and in our own end! (We needed another timeout to advance it)...,the right thing to do would be to continue the play, which was Lowry running out the clock, then at the end let both teams know they're checking that play. So unfair for us to have to make one more high risk play because the refs had an inkling on an otb play.
                      I should have read your post first lol

Comment

• Raptors 3 pt shooting 47%. 2 Pt FG 40%. Gotta be a first for this team

Comment

• Lin has been maybe slightly better than FVV (much better using PnR). Which brings to the question: Why even give backup PG a big deal? We can get players on vet min.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                            Lin has been maybe slightly better than FVV (much better using PnR). Which brings to the question: Why even give backup PG a big deal? We can get players on vet min.
                            it seems our backup point guards tend to become our sixth man quickly and are trade-able like Joseph was

Comment

• Serge quietly took Aldrige's lunch tonight. LMA had 6 pts in 31 minutes, with Ibaka grabbing 15 boards for another double-double.

OG also had a good game. All the starters were in double digits, plus Lin with 11 and OG with 9 off the bench. Nice well rounded team win.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                                Lin has been maybe slightly better than FVV (much better using PnR). Which brings to the question: Why even give backup PG a big deal? We can get players on vet min.
                                Lin has only played 2 games though. I like what see from him too so far, but I'd like to see more games.

Comment

Working...
                                X