Spurs @ Raps, 2/22/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish it wasnt so close but ya a wins a win

DD was hangin inside the Raptors locker room post game. Dude move on. You dont go in opposing teams locker room in an elementary school game and you dont do it im the nba. Disrespectful to his spurs team too

Comment

• Sorry DeMar but that crunch time is the difference between a guy on DD's level and a guy on Kawhi's level. Put Kawhi on their best player in crunch time - gets stops, steals, AND you still throw him the ball on O for buckets. Does it all, not hiding him anywhere.

But of a fugly game overall. Like the Raps' intensity on D most of the night. The offence pretty disjointed, hopefully that's just AS break rust cause seeing all those new faces struggle to get in sync is slightly worrisome, there's not a lot of time left.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
        I wish it wasnt so close but ya a wins a win

DD was hangin inside the Raptors locker room post game. Dude move on. You dont go in opposing teams locker room in an elementary school game and you dont do it im the nba. Disrespectful to his spurs team too
        Agreed. You just basically lost your team the game by turning it over, probably not the best time to hang out with your ex-teammates. Do it at Lowry’s house or someplace outside of the arena, not in the locker room.

Comment

• Thank we don’t have DD on this team anymore. Another choke job when the games on the line? Seems familiar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Lol the DeRozan slander is hilarious. Shows how much some of you guys hated him while he was here. If JV was hanging around the locker room after us beating Memphis you'd think it was cool or cute.

Comment

• Good review from Bontemps at Espn.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ry-tale-ending

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                Lol the DeRozan slander is hilarious. Shows how much some of you guys hated him while he was here. If JV was hanging around the locker room after us beating Memphis you'd think it was cool or cute.
                JV wouldnt.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                  I wish it wasnt so close but ya a wins a win

Wow that's crazy.
                  I get that he and Lowry are gonna head for beers or something after the game but I think even that should be away from the sports media out fo respect for the franchises and their current teammates.......smh

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                    Lol the DeRozan slander is hilarious. Shows how much some of you guys hated him while he was here. If JV was hanging around the locker room after us beating Memphis you'd think it was cool or cute.
                    I don't hate DD, I love the guy.
                    But the point is that JV (or Poeltl) WEREN'T "hanging around the locker room"

You think Jak and Siakam didn't hang out for whatever time they could after the game? But Poeltl didn't knock on the locker room door and ask if Pascal could come out to play .....

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                      Lin has been maybe slightly better than FVV (much better using PnR). Which brings to the question: Why even give backup PG a big deal? We can get players on vet min.
                      Both the Lin move and the Gasol move were made to shore up our playmaking, in my opinion, which was a bit of a weakness for us prior to the deadline. Van Vleet is enough more of a shooting guard in a point guard's body compared to Delon that when we've needed him to be that playmaker at the PG spot, he's struggled.

Delon's the type of passer you need to run things from that end, but he was struggling with us this year, and he hasn't yet (in his backup role) worked out how to take that next step here. (That's not a complete surprise, given the minutes distribution and the need for consistent and stable minutes to work out some of these things on the court.) Lin is a definite upgrade over what we were getting from Delon in that respect, both in terms of passing and in terms of playmaking on the dribble.

It's also worth noting that Gasol (who has had a little more practice and game time to adapt) had a relatively good playmaking game (6 assists) on a night when a tight whistle on him limited his minutes and possibly reduced his effectiveness in other areas. A little more time to get everyone up to speed, and we should be able to cut waaaay down on those scoring droughts which have been the bane of our offence for most of the season.

[Edited to add:] Oops, I read your original statement as asking why the Lin pickup is such a big deal, and I don't think that's what you were actually asking. If you're asking why we would give a back-up player a $10 million dollar deal, the answer is probably that it's not actually a lot of money for back-ups on their second deal who could start if needed when you consider that most teams are able to keep the costs down using rookie contracts if they draft well. Two ten-million-dollar players plus another three on first-rounder contracts plus some second rounders at more modest figures will likely put your team somewhere above the cap but below the tax unless you've got two or more max contracts on your team or a lot of contracts at the twenty-million-dollar level.
                      Last edited by TheWaterboy; Sat Feb 23, 2019, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• "It wasn’t for Poeltl, or for anyone else — although Poeltl did get a tribute of his own later in the half."

Did I blink and miss the Poeltl tribute? Maybe I was grabbing a beer....

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                          Serge quietly took Aldrige's lunch tonight. LMA had 6 pts in 31 minutes, with Ibaka grabbing 15 boards for another double-double.

OG also had a good game. All the starters were in double digits, plus Lin with 11 and OG with 9 off the bench. Nice well rounded team win.
                          Serge looked strong last night. Could be the Gasol addition will really light a fire under him, knowing that if he doesn't produce, the minutes just won't be there.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Morning after ....

To start with, Marc Davis the ever bias idiot tried his hardest for the home team to lose. Always a thorn, I have no doubt he will again officiate one of those Raptors big games and the playoffs.

Defense won the game. It was a close game but understanble because these days The high profile Raptors always drawing the very best effort of the opposing teams.

Good tribute for Derozan, people never moved on, they still owe him the loyalty and appreciation he truly deserved. He is a class act.

We got Kawhi for his elite stature, his defense, his diversity on offense and overall a player who steps up when it matters. I am glad that we have him.

Marc and Lin are still trying to acclimate to the Raptor’s system, it may take a few more games before we fully see the vision of Masai so hopefully they timely peak after 82.

Should we maintain this streak, and Bucks approaching their West Coast trip, we may see the Raps back in first place.

Go Raptors !

Comment

• Im liking Lin. Unlike FVV he doesnt do ill advised plays. He passes when he should and shoots when he should. Hes under control

That foul on Gasol was horrible. 7 footer defending on the perimeter worked so hard played great D and got punished for it

Comment

• Does DD normally get to bring/walk the ball up in crunch time (when he got stripped). Surprised Pop uses that approach.

Comment

Working...
                                X