Magic @ Raps 2/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    No, no, my point has nothing to do with what he might get paid this summer versus what he is paid now. I'm just saying if we are going to call this a sweet deal for Kawhi, we should consider that he plays within a league structure where his salary is artificially capped and he is worth far, far more than that max salary.

Never mind that he gets paid by the Raptors, and the Raptors WANT him to take the time off. They have a lot riding on his health this spring and will do whatever they can within reason to reduce risk in that area.

Fans are getting tired of the maintenance games for silly reasons, then.
    OK then but you also can't be OK with players taking significant time off just because they are (currently) underpaid either
    The argument still stands.

Look, I'm 100% behind the Raptors and Kawhi doing what ever they think is necessary to maximize his efficiency in the post season. But it's not mutually exclusive to be semi-pizzed/puzzled that they aren't confident in him playing 3-4 days per week and/or only every other day.

This weeks games were Sunday Tuesday and Friday. It just seems that's plenty of a soft schedule including built-in maintenance days. Again, unless there's a nagging injury in which case, screw the AS game....

Go Raps, go Kawhi, screw Boston

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
      OK then but you also can't be OK with players taking significant time off just because they are (currently) underpaid either
      The argument still stands.

Look, I'm 100% behind the Raptors and Kawhi doing what ever they think is necessary to maximize his efficiency in the post season. But it's not mutually exclusive to be semi-pizzed/puzzled that they aren't confident in him playing 3-4 days per week and/or only every other day.

This weeks games were Sunday Tuesday and Friday. It just seems that's plenty of a soft schedule including built-in maintenance days. Again, unless there's a nagging injury in which case, screw the AS game....

Go Raps, go Kawhi, screw Boston
      Kawhi's not taking vacation here. He's being rested by the team on a schedule that the team doctors and trainers are involved in producing.

Puzzled is fine - we don't have all the information so why would fans not be at least somewhat puzzled?

Being angry is another thing entirely. And there's a lot of that. Mostly directed at Kawhi.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'm anything but angry, I already said that I'm 100% behind the Raptors and Kawhi doing what ever they think is necessary to maximize his efficiency in the post season (I know you didn't point at me).

I think most people are in the puzzled/annoyed/frustrated camp and that's their right as a fan. I don't see much anger and certain not directed at Kawhi, some thinking he may be a little soft orover cautious.

You want anger at players/management, be a Jays fan. They're paying Tulo $38M to hit homers off Stroman for the hated Yankees....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
          I'm anything but angry, I already said that I'm 100% behind the Raptors and Kawhi doing what ever they think is necessary to maximize his efficiency in the post season (I know you didn't point at me).

I think most people are in the puzzled/annoyed/frustrated camp and that's their right as a fan. I don't see much anger and certain not directed at Kawhi, some thinking he may be a little soft orover cautious.

You want anger at players/management, be a Jays fan. They're paying Tulo $38M to hit homers off Stroman for the hated Yankees....
          The other side of the coin is they just wanted Tulo to go away. They needed to make room for the kids to play and won't be beating the yankees or red sox this year or next (maybe never). This way the kids can play to see who the shortstop of the future is and we don't have 34 year old banged up shortstop complaining from the dugout for the next two years. Maybe we take this to the Jays thread...? I think there is one.

Comment

• Biggest thing for me is fit. Kawhi has been working to gel with the team since he got here and there are still games where he looks like he's on an island on the court. We have now added several new guys and should be gearing up for the postseason and figuring out our rotations as best we can.

Comment

• Trading JV for Marc was a huge mistake. It broke the chemistry of this team and did not add any thing. There was no need for that trade. It is gonna hurt us.

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
                Trading JV for Marc was a huge mistake. It broke the chemistry of this team and did not add any thing. There was no need for that trade. It is gonna hurt us.
                Agreed. If they aren't going to use Marc properly which is doesn't look like they will we definitely lost this trade. The things we really needed aka rebounding and pick and roll we lost. Marc is a good screen setter too but not a good pick and roll big and his rebounding is worse than I thought. His passing is great but it's not something we desperately needed in my opinion. Especially since they aren't even using him in the high post enough. Smh.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                  Biggest thing for me is fit. Kawhi has been working to gel with the team since he got here and there are still games where he looks like he's on an island on the court. We have now added several new guys and should be gearing up for the postseason and figuring out our rotations as best we can.
                  Absolutely, the continuous experimentation needs to end. Establish a starting unit and next 3 plus 2. Defined roles / lanes / expectations consistent with players skills and abilities. i.e. obvious ones Serge can't shoot 3's, Powell sits cause he is playing like sh..., Guys not in the rotation don't need to play except for injuries or bad play for a game or 2, then next man gets a chance. Internal competition, no guarantees. this is pro sports.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                    Spoken like a true Copper Top

Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Spoken like a true Copper Top
                      Matrix reference? Opposite, actually. you gotta know when/how to unplug from the manipulation & addiction of professional sports.

That said, paying a few hundred bucks for tickets and missing Kawhi could actually be a great life lesson to give your kids: don't be stupid like dad.

Comment

• Maybe Adam Silver needs to give the Raps a "Thou Shall Play Kawhi" edict like he did with NO. lol

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          Matrix reference? Opposite, actually. you gotta know when/how to unplug from the manipulation & addiction of professional sports.

That said, paying a few hundred bucks for tickets and missing Kawhi could actually be a great life lesson to give your kids: don't be stupid like dad.
                          As long as you're ok with it, I'm ok with you being ok with it.

I can't help but notice a degradation in quality, or genuinity in a lot of our society. Mob rules and when mixed with the path of least resistance, ya get what ya get. In this case, a professional sports league where players stack teams, with help from agents and league officials who are pandering to advertisers and huge money from corporations, who in turn use he whole circus to sell less than quality products to the sheep who follow it all. Be Like Mike Baby.

As for the lfe lesson, you made me smile there, I know you get it all, the humility in that statement is heartfelt..... I just got back from Universal and Disney in Orlando..... FML.

Comment

As long as you're ok with it, I'm ok with you being ok with it.

I can't help but notice a degradation in quality, or genuinity in a lot of our society. Mob rules and when mixed with the path of least resistance, ya get what ya get. In this case, a professional sports league where players stack teams, with help from agents and league officials who are pandering to advertisers and huge money from corporations, who in turn use he whole circus to sell less than quality products to the sheep who follow it all. Be Like Mike Baby.

As for the lfe lesson, you made me smile there, I know you get it all, the humility in that statement is heartfelt..... I just got back from Universal and Disney in Orlando..... FML.
                            Smart vacation choice... Mickey never takes days off to have his load managed.

Karma will get them all in the end. We choose to give them all that power with our eyeballs, emotional investment and hard-earned dollars. And they abuse that power. That's always been the way of the world. People haven't changed, but the amount of money in pro sports has. Exponentially. Way too much of it on all sides. Money just amplifies what people are - good & bad. Schemers will become bigger schemers (Lebron). Humanitarians will become bigger humanitarians (Bismack). But it's still our choice to give them our power in the first place. Choose wisely.

And speaking of karma.... I just scored free tickets to the Celtics game tonight. Woohoo. F*ck Boston!

Comment

• golden;908125...And speaking of karma.... I just scored [B wrote:
                              free[/B] tickets to the Celtics game tonight. Woohoo. F*ck Boston!
                              Use your powers wisely Golden. And F*ck Boston.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                Smart vacation choice... Mickey never takes days off to have his load managed.

Karma will get them all in the end. We choose to give them all that power with our eyeballs, emotional investment and hard-earned dollars. And they abuse that power. That's always been the way of the world. People haven't changed, but the amount of money in pro sports has. Exponentially. Way too much of it on all sides. Money just amplifies what people are - good & bad. Schemers will become bigger schemers (Lebron). Humanitarians will become bigger humanitarians (Bismack). But it's still our choice to give them our power in the first place. Choose wisely.

And speaking of karma.... I just scored free tickets to the Celtics game tonight. Woohoo. F*ck Boston!
                                Free's the best part.

Also, Fuck Boston

Comment

Working...
                                X