Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #62: Celtics (37-23) @ Raptors (44-17); Tuesday Feb. 26th at 8pm EST on SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post
    With all the ex-Raptors, Grizzlies are a fun team to watch. Bruno punked Lebron a couple times. lol. JV beasting yet again. Delon, Delonning. Noah is turnin back the clock. But Chandler Parsons is a walking brick.
    you know it's bad for CJ when chandler parson is playing over him
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Caboclo with a 3 pointer in clutch time! Lakers miss next shot, JV gets the rebound! There's a certain irony in them being the Memphis Raptors

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
        Caboclo with a 3 pointer in clutch time! Lakers miss next shot, JV gets the rebound! There's a certain irony in them being the Memphis Raptors
        lakers are shit just got beat by the two headed monster of Noah and Valanicunias with some defensive contributions for Bruno!! haha these cats aint making the playoffs unless the refs will them their
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

that said, they're still subbing out Jonas for defence with Noah. it worked

Comment

The joke is it's not like Marc has been bringing a big defensive presence over here so far. He looks no better than JV on that end. Bad bad trade in my opinion.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Spurs got clobbered by the Nets. If not for a timely steal by the LMK, the Spurs losers of 6/7 on their so-called Rodeo trip, could have easily notched a second win against the Raps. Looking forward to the Celtics. Time to get serious.

Comment

That said...

Noah was having a terrific game or else he probably wouldn't have got extended minutes and may not have played late, and they did still play JV in the 4th for a chunk. It wasn't like the Casey days of no JV for the whole 2nd half.

Also, when they subbed Noah in for D, Lakers scored two buckets in a row to make it a one-possession game, and the lone Memphis possession was sloppy because no one was within 15 ft of Noah and it didn't matter. Noah also missed 2 FTs late. The clock may have saved Memphis because they were bad in the last 2 minutes. Not blaming Noah, but the strategy didn't look to be beneficial in any obvious way.

JV also had some good defensive moments in the game, along with some terrible ones. Memphis was atrocious at picking up and pressuring the ballhandler early on, and then for small stretches all game. JV ended up looking bad having to guard a lot of guys in space with a full head of steam. Memphis has some really ugly perimeter play on both ends right now. And Jackson is out at the moment, stretching them even thinner in the forward spots.

Comment

Love this. Dirk is a true legend of the game. For whatever reason he doesn't get the same recognition as Wade even though he's a bigger legend than Wade.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    That said...

Noah was having a terrific game or else he probably wouldn't have got extended minutes and may not have played late, and they did still play JV in the 4th for a chunk. It wasn't like the Casey days of no JV for the whole 2nd half.

Also, when they subbed Noah in for D, Lakers scored two buckets in a row to make it a one-possession game, and the lone Memphis possession was sloppy because no one was within 15 ft of Noah and it didn't matter. Noah also missed 2 FTs late. The clock may have saved Memphis because they were bad in the last 2 minutes. Not blaming Noah, but the strategy didn't look to be beneficial in any obvious way.

JV also had some good defensive moments in the game, along with some terrible ones. Memphis was atrocious at picking up and pressuring the ballhandler early on, and then for small stretches all game. JV ended up looking bad having to guard a lot of guys in space with a full head of steam. Memphis has some really ugly perimeter play on both ends right now. And Jackson is out at the moment, stretching them even thinner in the forward spots.
                    Grizzlies are one serviceable SF away from being a half-decent team. They've got Parsons, CJ Miles, Bruno and Justin Holiday at that position. Good lord. Wing rotation in general is pretty awful.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                      Kyrie always goes supernova against us, but I hope we destroy them tomorrow.

Fuck Boston
                      Because the opposing PG can't guard his position, he's too slow and too short and fat.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                        I am interested in seeing nurse start to settle in and stop experimenting over the next few games. Like 3 more games then stop.
                        I agree, it's just hard when your top guys tke 50 vacation days.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                          Grizzlies are one serviceable SF away from being a half-decent team. They've got Parsons, CJ Miles, Bruno and Justin Holiday at that position. Good lord. Wing rotation in general is pretty awful.
                          Maybe they get RJ in the draft to add to the Canadian connection. He would fit well there if the ping pong balls go their way.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                            Kyrie always goes supernova against us, but I hope we destroy them tomorrow.

Fuck Boston
                            Does he though? I mean he had one huge game against us this season where he scored 43. He had 18 assists in another game earlier this year (but also had 7 turnovers).

He had a 30pt game when he was with the Cavs.. but looking at his overall stats against us nothing really jumps out to me as "always going supernova".

They should be more worried about Kawhi than we should be of Kyrie in my opinion.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              They should be more worried about Kawhi than we should be of Kyrie in my opinion.
                              They are worried, they're worried he might not show up and the ratings will drop.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Does he though? I mean he had one huge game against us this season where he scored 43. He had 18 assists in another game earlier this year (but also had 7 turnovers).

He had a 30pt game when he was with the Cavs.. but looking at his overall stats against us nothing really jumps out to me as "always going supernova".

Would probably be more precise to say that he has killed the Raps down the stretch of fourth quarters this season in the two losses. Raps would have won both of those games if they had controlled Irving late.

Comment

Working...
                                X