Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #62: Celtics (37-23) @ Raptors (44-17); Tuesday Feb. 26th at 8pm EST on SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post
    Certainly our stars did their thing, it did help that Norm at one point was 3/3 from deep with Serge hitting his 2 3's combined with Boston's inability to hit on anything outside the paint for long stretches. Amazing the Celtics first bucket in 2Q came at approx. 6:30 mark. Aggressive D, our good shooting (3P 47%, 2P 50%) and Celtics lack of offensive execution turned this game into a bean town beating. We were due given recent US Nationally televised games. Nurse used a much tighter rotation avoiding the all-bench unit (very brief). Good time-out when Boston went 7-2 to start 2H. Seemed to wake them up.

Portland will be another good game. Hopefully Kawhi will play as he needs to continue developing familiarity with all his teammates.
    When they get that scoring from that Siakam/Leonard/Ibaka frontcourt they are pretty much unbeatable. Just way too many weapons to worry about for other teams. That happened last night when those guys were followed by Lin and Powell and Gasol and then Lowry was out there - it was overwhelming with way too many centers of gravity for Boston to handle.

Comment

• Fun fact:

Boston is now closer to falling behind the Pistons than they are to catching the Raptors.
      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        If you don't think Lowry "did much" last night I dont know what else to tell you anymore.

That was his best defensive game all year and arguably the teams best defensive game. I think he read your posts yesterday afternoon
        lol. Yeah, I admit I was being a bit harsh. Lowry was terrific last night. I tried to do my part to liven up an otherwise dead crowd at the Air Canada Centre (correct spelling) last night. In between bites of california roll drizzled with sesame, I was yelling at Kyle from way up in the lounge: "play some frickin' defense, you fat ass!". I think he heard me.

Comment

I've been to make a comment about Kawhi/Pascal. I've been watching Kawhis body language all season (like a weirdo), and I've started notice lately he gets really happy for Pascal. He was like a proud dad when Pascal had his 44 pt game, standing, clapping and smiling. He's always quick to the high 5, and cheered Pascals 3s and dunks quite obviously last night. I'm really starting to think he's looking long term and seeing a very interesting Robin to his Batman developing here.

And then this, Saw this comment on the main page. No way of verifying if it's true or not.
          Will lous 10 things also said that uncle dennis has been hanging with that dude from cargo jet lately. Making those connections on and off the court. HE STAY
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
            Will lous 10 things also said that uncle dennis has been hanging with that dude from cargo jet lately. Making those connections on and off the court. HE STAY
            Stop I can only get so erect

Ten – This has to be a good sign: Uncle Dennis was in attendance, as per my guy Shankar Sivanathan (@shanxonline on Twitter) sitting next to Ajay Virmani, who is the CEO of CargoJet. Leonard made a promotional appearance at the CargoJet hangar in Hamilton earlier this year, and Uncle Dennis was seen on vacation with Virmani’s son. Making powerful local connections has to be a good sign, no?
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Man imagine those 2 as Pascal improves more as a small ball front court going forward the next couple years

Giannis who?
              I'm as excited to see Kawhi and Pascal for years to come as anyone ..... but no one anywhere anytime for the foreseeable future will ever say......Giannis who? with any semblance of reality

That dude is a straight on stud....with a great attitiude and the on-court actions to back it up. My favourite non-Raptor and it ain't even close.

Comment

• Comment

• Tracy on the jump just said he jumped off the Celtics 'boat', swimming to Canada. This after he took the celtics and PAUL PIERCE took the Raptors a day ago.

It's all happening, F Boston.

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                    Tracy on the jump just said he jumped off the Celtics 'boat', swimming to Canada. This after he took the celtics and PAUL PIERCE took the Raptors a day ago.

I've said this before but people take these guys too seriously. They're ALL about the hottest take. Give them like a week before they forget about what they said here. Just like they forgot about what they said previously. It's not even that I don't think there's a sense of sincerity; it's more about trying to make sure that regardless of what happens; you're both right and can say you were always right.
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• I was watching the highlights (they used Boston's feed). Basically Scalabrine was saying how the Raptors would be trouble for the Celtics and he rather play the Bucks. The point he was using was that we are really good on defense and we can switch everything.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                        I've said this before but people take these guys too seriously. They're ALL about the hottest take. Give them like a week before they forget about what they said here. Just like they forgot about what they said previously. It's not even that I don't think there's a sense of sincerity; it's more about trying to make sure that regardless of what happens; you're both right and can say you were always right.
                        I imagine Boston fans metling under the heat of these flake takes, it sustains me.

Comment

Stop I can only get so erect
                          Who is Uncle Dennis? Thanks man.

Comment

Kawhi father's brother. His name is Dennis. And essential is kawhis manager. Happy Dennis, Happy Kawhi
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                                Tracy on the jump just said he jumped off the Celtics 'boat', swimming to Canada. This after he took the celtics and PAUL PIERCE took the Raptors a day ago.

Throw McGrady back in the water and F Paul Pierce .....

Comment

Working...
                                X