Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #62: Celtics (37-23) @ Raptors (44-17); Tuesday Feb. 26th at 8pm EST on SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I know personally from my perspective, once I'm up in the hundreds of millions, I'm choosing quality of team and life over say 20 more million. I'm already rich rich. Now I wanna be happy happy.
    Hopefully he’s choosing quality of team over quality of life.

He don’t need that free Canadian health care but he’d probably enjoy some free vitamin D (aka nutrients drawn from the rays of warmth emitted from the flaming orb we remember ourselves having previously referred to as the sun.)

(Hopefully he’s not reading this. Ignore what I just said, Kawhi.)

Comment

• I still think Brad Stevens is a very smart coach - in terms of playcalling, but plays only work when the cogs fit.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
        US Media Praises Raptors, Rips Celtics After Thrashing

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...-rips-celtics/

Music to a fans ears.
        Meh, same articles could have been written when the bucks handed toronto their asses the last few times.

Eff the US media.

Comment

• Its all about being happy.

If Kawhi is a happy guy here, enjoys being out of the eye (which he likely does), enjoys the culture of Toronto, then he might stay a few years. He's living in Sandiego for 3-4 months regardless, and thats fine.

And if he leaves, His cap hit leaves. I loved the move.... cleared space, cleared Demar..... next

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
            I still think Brad Stevens is a very smart coach - in terms of playcalling, but plays only work when the cogs fit.
            Hes a good coach with underrated players like at butler. He has yet to show he can coach superstars thought
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Holy shitballs. Wade sunk one of the most incredible buzzer beaters I've ever seen for the win against the dubs tonight. Not to count any chickens... but if we somehow manage homecourt in the Finals against GSW by a single game in the standings... I'll have a new found love for D-Wade.

Comment

• D-Whistle doing God's work

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  I've been to make a comment about Kawhi/Pascal. I've been watching Kawhis body language all season (like a weirdo), and I've started notice lately he gets really happy for Pascal. He was like a proud dad when Pascal had his 44 pt game, standing, clapping and smiling. He's always quick to the high 5, and cheered Pascals 3s and dunks quite obviously last night. I'm really starting to think he's looking long term and seeing a very interesting Robin to his Batman developing .

It was clear early in rhe season that Kawhi likes Pascal.

https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/s...l=1#post876418

Comment

• TacoBreath wrote: View Post
                    It was clear early in rhe season that Kawhi likes Pascal.

https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/s...l=1#post876418
                    We all thought it would be OG since they have similar personalities and some of the same game but Kawhi seems to really celebrate Siakam. Two future Toronto superstars

Comment

• How can you not like Pascal?

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                        How can you not like Pascal?
                        Bookmarked

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          Bookmarked
                          Ha ha ha ha ha.

Right on.

Leave it to the Republic's citizens. He's going to miss 4 threes in a row during one game of the playoffs and the torches and pitchforks will come out.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                            How can you not like Pascal?
                            Well, he has a habit of stealing your peanut butter and jam snadwiches for one ....

Comment

• Slow news day, other than that the Raps game has thrown the C**tics into shambles. lol. Was a lot of talk about shutting down Kyrie earlier in the game thread. Not sure if he was motivated or not, but Raps did just that. Some good work by Jeremy Lin is highlighted in this article on the RR front page.

https://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2019...-kyrie-irving/

Comment

• Need the next game thread up, time to start talking Portland Trail Blazers.

The Blazers are now 38-23 overall, but just 15-15 away from the Moda Center, 18-4 versus teams from the Eastern Conference and 4-0 to start their seven-game trip including beating the Celtics last night. Portland has won five in a row, their longest win streak of the season, and have secured a 2-0 sweep of the season series versus Celtics. Following that up with a W over the Raptors would really have them on a roll.

The Trail Blazers remain in fourth in the Western Conference standings and are five games behind the first-place Warriors but just a half game behind the third-place Thunder.

This will be a test; Lillard can be a terror and this is a game where Gasol should start against Kantor imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X