Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #62: Celtics (37-23) @ Raptors (44-17); Tuesday Feb. 26th at 8pm EST on SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyrie can't lead his way out of a wet paper bag.

Comment

• Kawhi is slooowly creeping over to the Lowry lineup thing they do...if you notice now he kind of participates, he was clapping and then did a low 5. That's about as silly as he'll get lol but he wasn't doing that earlier in the year.

Reporting live from the internet, your Kawhi-stay reporter, KeonClark

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Kawhi is slooowly creeping over to the Lowry lineup thing they do...if you notice now he kind of participates, he was clapping and then did a low 5. That's about as silly as he'll get lol but he wasn't doing that earlier in the year.

I know I'm a homer.. but if I had to put together a "He Stay" vs a "He Leaving" list together.. the "He Stay" column would be longer.

Yet we as fans are still giving it a 35-65 chance he stays. I think it's time to move that slide to 51-49 in favour of the Raps.

Fuck the Clippers

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Kawhi is slooowly creeping over to the Lowry lineup thing they do...if you notice now he kind of participates, he was clapping and then did a low 5. That's about as silly as he'll get lol but he wasn't doing that earlier in the year.

What does Marc G. do? I catch a glimpse of him at the end of the clip, doesn't show much?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
            Need the next game thread up, time to start talking Portland Trail Blazers.

The Blazers are now 38-23 overall, but just 15-15 away from the Moda Center, 18-4 versus teams from the Eastern Conference and 4-0 to start their seven-game trip including beating the Celtics last night. Portland has won five in a row, their longest win streak of the season, and have secured a 2-0 sweep of the season series versus Celtics. Following that up with a W over the Raptors would really have them on a roll.

The Trail Blazers remain in fourth in the Western Conference standings and are five games behind the first-place Warriors but just a half game behind the third-place Thunder.

This will be a test; Lillard can be a terror and this is a game where Gasol should start against Kantor imo.
            Rumour mill has it Kanter won't cross the border as there is a international warrant for him on Turkeys behalf hanging out there....I can't remmber where i read this .. Its called a red warrant or something...

Joe Freeman: Enes Kanter will not travel with the Blazers to Toronto because of immigration issues. He’ll join the team in Charlotte. 19 hours ago – via Twitter BlazerFreeman
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Feb 28, 2019, 03:18 PM.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Chances are definitely better that Kawhi stays in Toronto vs Kyrie in Boston.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                Rumour mill has it Kanter won't cross the border as there is a international warrant for him on Turkeys behalf hanging out there....I can't remmber where i read this .. Its called a red warrant or something...
                Canada has no extradition treaty with Turkey. If he's free in the States, he's free here.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  Need the next game thread up, time to start talking Portland Trail Blazers.

The Blazers are now 38-23 overall, but just 15-15 away from the Moda Center, 18-4 versus teams from the Eastern Conference and 4-0 to start their seven-game trip including beating the Celtics last night. Portland has won five in a row, their longest win streak of the season, and have secured a 2-0 sweep of the season series versus Celtics. Following that up with a W over the Raptors would really have them on a roll.

The Trail Blazers remain in fourth in the Western Conference standings and are five games behind the first-place Warriors but just a half game behind the third-place Thunder.

This will be a test; Lillard can be a terror and this is a game where Gasol should start against Kantor imo.
                  Kantor isn't playing.Turkey has asked interpol to arrest Kantor on terrorism charges for criticizing it's dictator Erdogan.His father is in jail and he refuses to leave the US. Smart man.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    Canada has no extradition treaty with Turkey. If he's free in the States, he's free here.
                    its an "immigration" issue .. regardless.. .he isn't coming Friday. Bad news for Kanter and the Blazers.. good news for the Raps.

Joe Freeman: Enes Kanter will not travel with the Blazers to Toronto because of immigration issues. He’ll join the team in Charlotte. 19 hours ago – via Twitter BlazerFreeman
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      I know I'm a homer.. but if I had to put together a "He Stay" vs a "He Leaving" list together.. the "He Stay" column would be longer.

Yet we as fans are still giving it a 35-65 chance he stays. I think it's time to move that slide to 51-49 in favour of the Raps.

Fuck the Clippers
                      It's not between the Raptors and Clippers, it's between Toronto and being close to his family, friends, home. If he leaves I would not take it personally at all.

Comment

ahhhhh yes. The US is harbouring an immigrant while Trudeau would deport him. Who woulda thunk it

Comment

its an "immigration" issue .. regardless.. .he isn't coming Friday. Bad news for Kanter and the Blazers.. good news for the Raps.

Finally the airport customs crossing works for us and not against us

Comment

• Exciting game between Kings and Bucks last night. The Kings have a good young team. May square off against GSW in first round action.

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                              Exciting game between Kings and Bucks last night. The Kings have a good young team. May square off against GSW in first round action.
                              Players would love it. About an 80 min drive to road games

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                It's not between the Raptors and Clippers, it's between Toronto and being close to his family, friends, home. If he leaves I would not take it personally at all.
                                But $$$ and being in a winning situation has to play in there somewhere. When you're making 20-30M a year anyway, I'd sooner win 60 games a year with a chance at the finals than win 45 with no chance. When you're elite, losing sucks and you quickly forget how much money you're making. In this case the Raps can pay him more anyways.....

Are the Clippers a 60 win team with Kawhi and able to leapfrog the Utah, the Rockets, Trail Blazers, Nuggets and OKC to challenge the Warriors? I highly doubt it. No other really great players and a wackjob owner who insists on watching you in the shower.....

At this point, I honestly don't think the weather makes a difference. Will his family move here for a few years (his daughter isn't even in school yet, I think she not quite 3)? That would be the clincher but honestly, I think winning (here) trumps all at this point. And hopefuuly, Masai can tweak the lineup with another good/great player and we roll for a few years since I really think the GSW will be on the decline.

Comment

Working...
                                X