Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #63 Trail Blazers (38-23) @ Raptors (45-17); Friday Mar. 1st at 8pm EDT on SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    The refs were insane tonight.. but man great clutch win. 38 points from Kawhi. Just an assassin out there.. picking apart the Blazers. If McCollum didn't get crazy hot from 3 we would have won by 20.

Gasol had a great game too. Serge was terrible. In order to boost up Serge you may have to start him so he can get some reps in and get in rhythm. Gasol seems to be fine whether he starts or comes off the bench.

Serge was okay off the bench earlier this year though.. or maybe my memory is playing tricks with me.
    its on him, he needs to get his shit in order.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
      I think Serge just has his bad games. Luckily we won’t be totally reliant on him in the playoffs. That being said he’s been great all season and he deserves his minutes. Gasol should still start though.
      We'll be very reliant on him once we face the Bucks. Their defence is predicated on packing the paint and leaving bad above-the-break 3 pt shooters wide open.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
        Are we watching the same game? I think he gets pretty upset over bad calls regardless of when they happen.
        3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        We'll be very reliant on him once we face the Bucks. Their defence is predicated on packing the paint and leaving bad above-the-break 3 pt shooters wide open.
        Are you saying we will need Serge's 3pt shooting?

Comment

• I just hope that The sum of the Raptors player’s BBIQ will trump Nurse’s inexperience during the playoffs. I think that has been true so far in the regular season especially with the addition of Marc and Lin.

Serge will be ok as soon as he develops a good rhythm coming off the bench. He just had a bad shooting night from his sweet spots (18 feet in).

I think Norm is comfortable when he gets a set number of minutes. But when it fluctuates thats when he stuggles because he forces things and not let the game come to him. He will respond in the playoffs.

Bucks is too good. However, They havent been tested as a group when it matters. As we all know, the playoffs is a different kind of beast.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
            its on him, he needs to get his shit in order.
            I agree. You don't coddle guys who are unable to step up in the opportunities given, you need guys who step up.

Nurse tried a couple different looks with the bench in the second half last night, it was Siakam + Ibaka + bench first, the a short stint of just Ibaka + bench, then he put Lowry in with them. That added up to the dry spell where Portland came back, but that was partly hot shooting on their part and the Raptors rimming out some open looks that they were otherwise making on the night, eg Siakam corner three.

Kawhi picked them up and dragged them out of the scoring drought. That's exactly the type of performance this team lacked years prior. A guy who will just impose himself o on the the game when needed and the other guys can't stop him.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post

I remember the good old days when Lowry was always sour and ornery with management after DD was traded. Now hes loving his new team (supposedly he asked Lin to join us).
              Lowry knows that if he doesn't like it here, he can join JV and Bruno in Memphis trying to grab that 8th seed anytime Masai feels like it. Great move putting his name out there in trade rumours.
              Last edited by golden; Sat Mar 2, 2019, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• NBA should have received the video of the attrocious ref calls last night. How do you word the results except try to say they didn't have a good look somehow and blew the call? I don't know if Masai can make enoiugh of a fuss for the NBA to finally tell the refs to give them at least fair calls or are potential (bad) TV playoff-finals ratings going to rule the day.

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                  Are you saying we will need Serge's 3pt shooting?
                  Won't be the only reason we win or lose, but will give more margin if he is making his open looks at a decent rate - like 36% instead of 25%.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• After beating the Lakers, Bucks are the first team to clinch a playoff spot

Comment

• Well..a few things from last night.

Marc Gasol is pretty fucking good.

The three best teams in the NBA are the Warriors Raps and Bucks...

Nobody in the East wants to see their names beside the Raps or Bucks as a matchup.

Magic Johnson with his power move to get Anthony Davis and missing on it..has sewered the Lakers for this year. 3games back in the loss column with only 20 to play the Lakers are going to miss the dance this year. Ministerial responsibility. It’s on you Magic. The Lakers have money..but players and agents can smell a shit show a mile away.

Can’t wait for April.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• Time to start the new game thread as we're heading to give Coach Casey some payback .....

Comment

• Love this!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                            Time to start the new game thread as we're heading to give Coach Casey some payback .....
                            It’ll be up in a couple hours.

Get off my back G_Deane!

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post

I remember the good old days when Lowry was always sour and ornery with management after DD was traded. Now hes loving his new team (supposedly he asked Lin to join us).
                              It is ridiculous to ascribe so much subtext to such a simple quote.

golden wrote: View Post
                              Lowry knows that if he doesn't like it here, he can join JV and Bruno in Memphis trying to grab that 8th seed anytime Masai feels like it. Great move putting his name out there in trade rumours.
                              There are times reading this forum when you would think Kyle hasn't been here seven years as arguably the heart and soul of this team. Turning a harmless quote into some kind of excuse to shit on the guy, you would think he's Mike James or something.

Like I love the new players, but the way some of you guys dump on Kyle and DD is pretty sad. These are/were our guys. They worked really hard to improve the fortunes of our franchise. They gave back to the community. What more do you want? It's not like Bargnani, who didn't give a damn about anything.

Just seems kind of shitty to me.

Comment

• Why would Lowry be scared? Trade deadline passed already...
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X