Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #64 Raptors (46-17) @ Pistons (29-31); Sunday Mar. 3rd at 6pm EDT on TSN4

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Not to debate your argument (because there are so many sides to this). but maybe a correction. I think of "tanking" as trying to be really bad in order to get the best shot at a top thee pick. DeMar, JV and Ross were 9th, 5th and (famously) 8th picks respectively. They were less the product of tanking and more of making smart draft picks and developing players.

    Comment


    • #32
      But enough of this tanking discussion. On to our matters at hand. Kawhi out.

      Comment


      • #33
        Jclaw wrote: View Post
        But enough of this tanking discussion. On to our matters at hand. Kawhi out.
        Seriously? With 2 games in the next 5 days, one being against the pathetic Pels?

        Pistons are hot, Bucks just lost last night...this is a game I prefer we give it our all. Blake Griffin played last night, I'm sure he'll be in action.

        Kawhis sick days are getting more and more frequent. Half the board will say "Great!", however..
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

        Comment


        • #34
          KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Sure, lottery picks are useful, but what you're describing is more good scouting and good intelligence than needing the picks. The Lowry pick was a good TRADE. The poeltl and demar was a good TRADE, not like Poeltl was some stud. Ross for Ibaka was a good TRADE. I THINK Gasol was a good trade...

          Warriors don't get enough credit for their drafting. And the trades they didn't make. Remember when they turned down Thompson for Love? How many more trades that like that have we not even heard of? Yes, alas, what each of these top 5 teams have in common is their ability to find franchise players outside of the top 5 or top 10, and elite level trading. Heck, Masai's imprints are still on the Nuggets, when you trace the lineage back.

          Tanking is overrated. The "genius" Hinkie basically sold off every possible decent asset, got as bad as possible, then basically would only draft highest ceiling available or euro stash guys. Wow what a genius . 4 years of absolute brutal pain to become the Easts 4th seed. Hooray.
          I mean, not trying to take anything away from GSW, cause I agree with you, but they intentionally lost a lot of games at the end of the season to keep their pick and draft Barnes. Without that, they don't go on the 5 year run they have. Obviously different than tanking like Hinkie, but they could have went for the 8 seed and didnt. Tanking doesn't necessarily lead to a contender, but there is a reason every team doesn't build like the Raptors, Trailblazers, etc. For every bad case of tanking like Orlando there are teams that commit to mediocrity like Charlotte, Miami, etc. Either can work, either can fail. I do generally agree though, fans generally are too eager to blow it up for the next Zion.

          Comment


          • #35
            Jclaw wrote: View Post
            Not to debate your argument (because there are so many sides to this). but maybe a correction. I think of "tanking" as trying to be really bad in order to get the best shot at a top thee pick. DeMar, JV and Ross were 9th, 5th and (famously) 8th picks respectively. They were less the product of tanking and more of making smart draft picks and developing players.
            the point of tweet I thought was that Hinkie will never enjoy the success even if it happens. If things don't get better, Brown might be next. It's just funny that when they are losing they are geniuses but when time comes to start winning they get fired.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

            Comment


            • #36
              DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
              I mean, not trying to take anything away from GSW, cause I agree with you, but they intentionally lost a lot of games at the end of the season to keep their pick and draft Barnes. Without that, they don't go on the 5 year run they have. Obviously different than tanking like Hinkie, but they could have went for the 8 seed and didnt. Tanking doesn't necessarily lead to a contender, but there is a reason every team doesn't build like the Raptors, Trailblazers, etc. For every bad case of tanking like Orlando there are teams that commit to mediocrity like Charlotte, Miami, etc. Either can work, either can fail. I do generally agree though, fans generally are too eager to blow it up for the next Zion.
              I would argue the Warriors 5 yr run had almost nothing to do with Barnes.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

              Comment


              • #37


                Ahhh not again!

                Comment


                • #38
                  DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                  I mean, not trying to take anything away from GSW, cause I agree with you, but they intentionally lost a lot of games at the end of the season to keep their pick and draft Barnes. Without that, they don't go on the 5 year run they have. Obviously different than tanking like Hinkie, but they could have went for the 8 seed and didnt. Tanking doesn't necessarily lead to a contender, but there is a reason every team doesn't build like the Raptors, Trailblazers, etc. For every bad case of tanking like Orlando there are teams that commit to mediocrity like Charlotte, Miami, etc. Either can work, either can fail. I do generally agree though, fans generally are too eager to blow it up for the next Zion.
                  Really? Barnes was drafted AFTER curry klay and Draymond. Tanking to draft him was the key to their run? That's a manute bol level stretch
                  It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Zak24gege wrote: View Post


                    Ahhh not again!
                    I guess we might as well just accept he gonna sit every 3rd game now
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      I would argue the Warriors 5 yr run had almost nothing to do with Barnes.
                      Exhibit A: post-Warriors career.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        I guess we might as well just accept he gonna sit every 3rd game now
                        According to so-called Load Management Theory, the intensity of his workload is supposed to start ramping up in preparation for more strenous loading (i.e. playoffs).

                        Comment


                        • #42


                          I love this quote but I also hope we set a rotation soon enough to build chemistry for the playoffs. That is our one glaring weakness imo.
                          It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            I guess we might as well just accept he gonna sit every 3rd game now
                            At this point in the season, I understand b-b, but not this.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Well that shoulder did look bad when he fouled the guy. It is what is it at this point.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Really need to start managing my load as well.
                                Mamba Mentality

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X