Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #64 Raptors (46-17) @ Pistons (29-31); Sunday Mar. 3rd at 6pm EDT on TSN4

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
    Great, now get GLF and the rest of the worriers a rocking chair and this bandwagon is going to be a jambo-fuckin-ree.

    Is it April yet?
    The only thing the organization cares about is signing Kawhi this summer.

    Comment


    • planetmars wrote: View Post
      Sucks we lost but that was a really fun game. Really chippy game too (do the refs have a hidden agenda on the Raps?). It was a game of inches and we came up a bit too short. Glad OG took that 3.. sucked that it air balled. He's great above the break. Look up his stats if you don't believe me (or go to the OG thread).

      The ATO play in the 4th was awesome. To bad it didn't work out.

      KLOE was great. Just missed a bunny at the rim that probably could have sealed it.. or at least taken it to another OT. Serge was good off the bench too which was nice to see.

      Lin was absolutely useless. I'm not the biggest fan of Fred's but at least I hope he supplant's Lin in the rotation when he comes back. I would have liked to seen OG start.. but he ended the game and that's all that really matters.

      OG was so good tonight though. That block on Ellington. The put back layup from the Lowry missed 3. The timely deflections. The defense on Blake overall. Sucks we couldn't win the game for him.

      We pretty much just gave back the first seed to the Bucks. Oh well. On the bright side this loss probably moves Detroit closer to 6th.. Orlando lost to the Cavs of all teams (wtf?) so that probably means we play Brooklyn in the first round? Still early but that could be a fun revenge series for us.
      of who ever finishes where in the 6 to 8 slots.. .two of those teams will likely be under 500...

      realistically it could be anyone of brooklyn miami charlotte orlando detroit ......that the raps draw in round 1.... i think we can throw dirt on the whiz at this point.......you have to like the raps odds in any of those matchups...

      Comment


      • planetmars wrote: View Post
        Sucks we lost but that was a really fun game. Really chippy game too (do the refs have a hidden agenda on the Raps?). It was a game of inches and we came up a bit too short. Glad OG took that 3.. sucked that it air balled. He's great above the break. Look up his stats if you don't believe me (or go to the OG thread).

        The ATO play in the 4th was awesome. To bad it didn't work out.

        KLOE was great. Just missed a bunny at the rim that probably could have sealed it.. or at least taken it to another OT. Serge was good off the bench too which was nice to see.

        Lin was absolutely useless. I'm not the biggest fan of Fred's but at least I hope he supplant's Lin in the rotation when he comes back. I would have liked to seen OG start.. but he ended the game and that's all that really matters.

        OG was so good tonight though. That block on Ellington. The put back layup from the Lowry missed 3. The timely deflections. The defense on Blake overall. Sucks we couldn't win the game for him.

        We pretty much just gave back the first seed to the Bucks. Oh well. On the bright side this loss probably moves Detroit closer to 6th.. Orlando lost to the Cavs of all teams (wtf?) so that probably means we play Brooklyn in the first round? Still early but that could be a fun revenge series for us.
        If only OG didn't hesitate on that 3...

        Comment


        • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          of who ever finishes where in the 6 to 8 slots.. .two of those teams will likely be under 500...

          realistically it could be anyone of brooklyn miami charlotte orlando detroit ......that the raps draw in round 1.... i think we can throw dirt on the whiz at this point.......you have to like the raps odds in any of those matchups...
          None of the bottom dwellers will win more than 1 game against Toronto. Second round matchup could matter.

          Comment


          • If the Pacers stay ahead of the Sixers--and that's a big if--the 2/3 seed is the easiest path to the eastern finals. 1-4/5 seeds will all be in the same bracket and we'd face whichever team comes out of that slugfest.

            With Embiid out another week there's a chance.

            Comment


            • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              of who ever finishes where in the 6 to 8 slots.. .two of those teams will likely be under 500...

              realistically it could be anyone of brooklyn miami charlotte orlando detroit ......that the raps draw in round 1.... i think we can throw dirt on the whiz at this point.......you have to like the raps odds in any of those matchups...
              Yeah I mean there are still 18-20 games for most teams. And 6-10 in the East are separated by 3 games. Will see a lot of flip flopping between now and playoff time.

              And I'm not worried about any of them.

              Would be nice to get some revenge on Brooklyn though.. even if both our teams are completely different than they were in 2014.

              Comment


              • Lin is fine you can just really tell he doesn't know anybody. Doesn't know the sweet spots where his teammates want the ball, no pet plays, nothing. Just dribbling round lots trying to make something happen. I think it'll come together eventually, just need a bit of time together.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                Comment


                • Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                  Gasol was 2 - 10, 8 rebs, 5 assists. Would his game not be more effective with the second unit?
                  nope!
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                  Comment


                  • A.I wrote: View Post
                    If only OG didn't hesitate on that 3...
                    Yeah.. although he does that hesitation move quite often and it usually still works out for him.

                    Comment


                    • planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Sucks we lost but that was a really fun game. Really chippy game too (do the refs have a hidden agenda on the Raps?). It was a game of inches and we came up a bit too short. Glad OG took that 3.. sucked that it air balled. He's great above the break. Look up his stats if you don't believe me (or go to the OG thread).

                      The ATO play in the 4th was awesome. To bad it didn't work out.

                      KLOE was great. Just missed a bunny at the rim that probably could have sealed it.. or at least taken it to another OT. Serge was good off the bench too which was nice to see.

                      Lin was absolutely useless. I'm not the biggest fan of Fred's but at least I hope he supplant's Lin in the rotation when he comes back. I would have liked to seen OG start.. but he ended the game and that's all that really matters.

                      OG was so good tonight though. That block on Ellington. The put back layup from the Lowry missed 3. The timely deflections. The defense on Blake overall. Sucks we couldn't win the game for him.

                      We pretty much just gave back the first seed to the Bucks. Oh well. On the bright side this loss probably moves Detroit closer to 6th.. Orlando lost to the Cavs of all teams (wtf?) so that probably means we play Brooklyn in the first round? Still early but that could be a fun revenge series for us.
                      OG played great. Other than him Kyle and Siakam not much from anybody else. Green 2-6, Gasol 2-10 and Ibaka 2-7. Norm hit some shots in 2H but he committed 5 turnovers. What happened to Meeks. I thought he looked fine? Lin has been a big disappointment.

                      Comment


                      • Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        If the Pacers stay ahead of the Sixers--and that's a big if--the 2/3 seed is the easiest path to the eastern finals. 1-4/5 seeds will all be in the same bracket and we'd face whichever team comes out of that slugfest.

                        With Embiid out another week there's a chance.
                        Might be a bit of wishful thinking with regards to the Pacers. Their schedule is really tough in March yet they've been losing to bad/mediocre teams lately (like we have ironically - Detroit, Orlando, Dallas).

                        We need them to beat Philly on the road on March 10th. That could be a big swing game for either team.

                        Comment


                        • Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                          OG played great. Other than him Kyle and Siakam not much from anybody else. Green 2-6, Gasol 2-10 and Ibaka 2-7. Norm hit some shots in 2H but he committed 5 turnovers. What happened to Meeks. I thought he looked fine? Lin has been a big disappointment.
                          Meeks wasn't extended after the 10 day. I think he should have been unless they are targeting a backup C like Gortat

                          Comment


                          • Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                            OG played great. Other than him Kyle and Siakam not much from anybody else. Green 2-6, Gasol 2-10 and Ibaka 2-7. Norm hit some shots in 2H but he committed 5 turnovers. What happened to Meeks. I thought he looked fine? Lin has been a big disappointment.
                            Meeks' 10 day contract completed before this game so he's no longer on the team. We have not renewed it (probably to save money).

                            Comment


                            • man...wish Kawhi could've played. Who would be guarding him? Kennard or Wellington? god damn that would've been easy 40 for Kawhi
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                              Comment


                              • S.R. wrote: View Post
                                Lin is fine you can just really tell he doesn't know anybody. Doesn't know the sweet spots where his teammates want the ball, no pet plays, nothing. Just dribbling round lots trying to make something happen. I think it'll come together eventually, just need a bit of time together.
                                He has had plenty of decent shot opportunities and has been awful. He has a 31% FG% and is 0-16 from 3 since he has been a Raptor. How does knowing someone affect your jump shot. He has had plenty of practice to deal with new teammates since this is his 8th team. Ya gotta wonder why a guy with 8 years exp. has played for 8 different teams? I was not a fan of bringing him here, now even less so. Unfortunately Fred's injury and loss of Delon made signing a PG a priority.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X