X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Watched on the Fox Sports Detroit feed. They kept giving Casey all the credit for both Lowry and Siakam becoming good players, lol.
    did you see that segment where Casey and players were blowing smoke up owner's ass. There were clips of him cheering and then talking about "how team had tough stretch but they'll get past it" and then Casey calling him "great motivator" and clips of players nodding. The most cringe shit I have ever seen

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    As for Kawhi, the concern is that this is still an issue come April. He was supposed to be ready to play all games following the allstar break. At this rate, it wouldn't totally shock me to see him miss a playoff game due to load management.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Watched on the Fox Sports Detroit feed. They kept giving Casey all the credit for both Lowry and Siakam becoming good players, lol.
    Homer broadcast. Can't blame them, they sell optimism the same way Matt and Leo and Jack do

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Superjudge wrote: View Post
    He's plenty connected, that you don't see that is disturbing, the guy is one of the greatest minds in NBA broadcasting. Him not liking how advertisers, media types, agents and Players leverage the dollar over actually playing hard every night isn't him being disconnected, its him thinking its fucking dumb.

And he's right.

Our spociety is lazy, we'd rather look at an alarming issue nd say, "thats just how it is now" instead of finding a solution to do things properly. The path of least resistence will destroy a society.... and in a Microcosmic way, you can watch it happening in Pro sports leagues now.
    Bruh, I'm old school too.... but you, me and Jack are just 3 old guys yelling at clouds at this point. Lebron & agents changed the dynamic of the league with his "NBA players are CEO's of their own brand" mantra. Totally agree that money has irreparably destroyed the game and it's never going back to the way it was. The money is astronomical. After guys get their second contracts, they're set for life and can choose the perfect situation for themselves - whatever that means to them (legacy, warm climate, teaming up, etc...) It is what it is and it's only going to get more distorted. So if you want to go the social commentary route and fix Pro Sports, the answer is simple: stop buying tickets, stop watching on TV and stop posting on forums. Are you willing to do that? That's the only way you can change the impact of money.

So, instead of just pining for the old days, why not try providing some insight on how the Raps can succeed in the NBA these days, when the stated goal is reaching the Finals and not just regular season wins. Sure it would be great if Kawhi wanted to be here and was a warrior like Giannis, but he got exiled to the north against his wishes. The franchise is treating him like a china doll because they need him for the playoffs to justify the gambit, and because of the medical drama that happened with the Spurs. We don't know the full inside details, but they sure do, and those are the cards we've been dealt. And if the Raps went balls out in the regular season and Kawhi got injured and then leaves in the off-season - would Jack be the first one to say we should have kept our loyal ironman, Derozan? Probably.

Sure, Jack is more connected & knowledgable than the average Joe. That's a given. But he's not a true NBA insider, like when the Raps broadcast had Doc Rivers briefly doing color commentary before he got the Orlando coaching gig. TBH, I'd rather have a guy like Richard Jefferson who can get inside scoops the NBA elite and guys who are still playing. Not a big fan, but even Sam Mitchell has more NBA street cred than Jack.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    According to multiple sources, Leonard's camp has come to believe the issue has more to do with an ossification or hardening in the area where the muscle has been repeatedly bruised and then an atrophying, which in turn affected the tendons connecting the muscle to the knee.

The Spurs have always called the injury quadriceps tendinopathy, which is a disease of the tendon that has a degenerative effect on the muscle by keeping it in a constant state of exhaustion.
    Probably why they keep him off the floor still. Nobody here is a doctor. We don't know how all of this is affecting him to this day. We all saw him limping and his explosive step is not all there. So I wouldn't call him 100% healthy

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    I hope so.

I gues i have Hockey mentality, because I am completely against this stuff. Unless he's legit hurt, and from all reports, he's not. He's managing loads to stay 100%. Well thats bullshit to me.
    And what reports would these be? Lol

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Toronto has jumped the shark as a franchise if they need to go as far as allowing a player to play a reduced schedule to keep him happy, just to have a chance to keep him another couple years. Thats so weak it isn't funny.
    I think that's just the warped interpretation some at RR have.

SuperJudge wrote:
    Here's what I am curious about, if Kawhi wants his loads managed, does he get paid full price? I mean if he sits 30% of the year, shouldn't he get docked 30% of his pay?
    That's not how contracts work, and again, I would imagine this isn't just Kawhi looking at the Calendar, and saying "Naah, I don't feel like it." If people honestly think that's the case, I find that "so weak, it isn't funny".

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post
    It's not that he's more important ... maybe he's just more hurt? That seems to be the more obvious answer.

And if we did just bench him to the IR, then we lose in Portland as well as Detroit - just as a small example. We are not #2 in the league without Kawhi playing in the games he has.

And again, this isn't Kawhi making these decisions - it's management.
    If he's hurt say he's hurt.
    If he isn't, he at the least dresses. He can ride the bench, play a few minues, be available in crunchtime.

Toronto has jumped the shark as a franchise if they need to go as far as allowing a player to play a reduced schedule to keep him happy, just to have a chance to keep him another couple years. Thats so weak it isn't funny.

Here's what I am curious about, if Kawhi wants his loads managed, does he get paid full price? I mean if he sits 30% of the year, shouldn't he get docked 30% of his pay?

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Maury wrote: View Post
    That’s exactly why he got traded. The fact is we’re dealing with someone who needs to be babied a bit and frankly it’s worth it to have a top 3 player. It sucks but it’s worth it in the end.
    I hope so.

I gues i have Hockey mentality, because I am completely against this stuff. Unless he's legit hurt, and from all reports, he's not. He's managing loads to stay 100%. Well thats bullshit to me.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    No, I wouldn't actually, because there are 12 other guys on that team that didn't get to rest their tired muscles, they don't get to take off whatever game they want so they can be 100%

There are too many games, IMO. If Leonard thnks he has the right to rest because 82 games is too many, than hey, great, but only if every other player is on the same rest rotation, why the fuck is he more important than Siakam? Than Gasol, Lowry, Green.

If it were just about being healthy, then dress, make yourself availible for the last 5 mins if needed. If anyone on this board tinks this won't be a negative in that Dressing room than they need to look a bit deeper. Team sports don't do well when one player places himself before the team. Never. I know for a fact that if I were say...Danny Green. I'd call this shit out right in the room in front of everyone. I'd ask Kawhi if he was really hurt, if he was I'd tell him sit till you aren't. If he was just managing loads, I'd tell him to get off his ass and play ball. He isn't bigger than the Toronto Raptors.
    That’s exactly why he got traded. The fact is we’re dealing with someone who needs to be babied a bit and frankly it’s worth it to have a top 3 player. It sucks but it’s worth it in the end.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    No, I wouldn't actually, because there are 12 other guys on that team that didn't get to rest their tired muscles, they don't get to take off whatever game they want so they can be 100%

There are too many games, IMO. If Leonard thnks he has the right to rest because 82 games is too many, than hey, great, but only if every other player is on the same rest rotation, why the fuck is he more important than Siakam? Than Gasol, Lowry, Green.

If it were just about being healthy, then dress, make yourself availible for the last 5 mins if needed. If anyone on this board tinks this won't be a negative in that Dressing room than they need to look a bit deeper. Team sports don't do well when one player places himself before the team. Never. I know for a fact that if I were say...Danny Green. I'd call this shit out right in the room in front of everyone. I'd ask Kawhi if he was really hurt, if he was I'd tell him sit till you aren't. If he was just managing loads, I'd tell him to get off his ass and play ball. He isn't bigger than the Toronto Raptors.
    It's not that he's more important ... maybe he's just more hurt? That seems to be the more obvious answer.

And if we did just bench him to the IR, then we lose in Portland as well as Detroit - just as a small example. We are not #2 in the league without Kawhi playing in the games he has.

And again, this isn't Kawhi making these decisions - it's management.
    Last edited by Joey; Mon Mar 4, 2019, 12:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post
    Because we've managed to secure 2nd seed in a very competitive, top heavy Eastern conference, while also giving our best player a chance to be fresh for the playoffs and recoup from his many ailments (again, did people not see him limping and clutching his shoulder?!).

I'd say it's working like a charm - Wouldn't you?

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Jack Armstrong is so disconnected from the modern NBA it's not even funny. In fact, he was never even part of the old NBA.
    He's plenty connected, that you don't see that is disturbing, the guy is one of the greatest minds in NBA broadcasting. Him not liking how advertisers, media types, agents and Players leverage the dollar over actually playing hard every night isn't him being disconnected, its him thinking its fucking dumb.

And he's right.

Our spociety is lazy, we'd rather look at an alarming issue nd say, "thats just how it is now" instead of finding a solution to do things properly. The path of least resistence will destroy a society.... and in a Microcosmic way, you can watch it happening in Pro sports leagues now.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    If he was on Injury Report every couple of games, fanbase would've lost their minds.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X