Game #64 Raptors (46-17) @ Pistons (29-31); Sunday Mar. 3rd at 6pm EDT on TSN4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    You're right. Timmy was only 23. The situation and timelines are slightly different, but the moral of the story is exactly the same. When it comes to health: make decisions with your head, not your heart.

http://www.espn.com/nba/playoffs/201...njury-pays-off
    I understand. I dont want to dwell on it much longer. I'm frustrated by the loss, even more so because it was Casey. Again. We would have won the game if we had Kawhi. We do get them again once more in 2 weeks and hopefully by then the chemistry is firing on all cylinders
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      I understand. I dont want to dwell on it much longer. I'm frustrated by the loss, even more so because it was Casey. Again. We would have won the game if we had Kawhi. We do get them again once more in 2 weeks and hopefully by then the chemistry is firing on all cylinders
      But what better way to stick it to Casey than to let him win all 3 regular season games and then sweep his ass right out of building in the playoffs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        But what better way to stick it to Casey than to let him win all 3 regular season games and then sweep his ass right out of building in the playoffs.
        I kinda want to play them in the Playoffs. The amount of pettiness and shots Casey will throw throughout the series will be amusing.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
          I like the regular season. It forms the bulk of the NBA basketball and keeps fans engaged in many ways (rivalries, race for seeding, player movement etc..). Being a top regular season team is an accomplishment for just a select few every year.

But here's the thing: We've already done that.

The team and fans now want to take the next step (go far in the playoffs/championship). So as much enjoyment as everyone gets out of the regular season, if there's something done throughout these 82 games that will work against getting to the finals (for example overworking players to get to 55, 60, 65 or whatever the case may be), that will take a backseat to the ultimate goal, which is to make the conference/NBA finals.
          If the Kawhi for DeRozan trade revealed anything it's that the casual fan is way more happy with winning 50 regular season games and exiting with embarassing playoff sweeps, as long as a famous American sports star validates our way of life by pledging his undying allegiance to us. Casual fans don't really care about basketball in this country, and they care even less about championships.

It's a tiny group of hardcore fans (like here on RR) and Masai that wanted to take the risk to win it all. I'm not even sure if Rogers/Bell/Tanenbaum supported the DeRozan trade, tbh, or if Masai has simply earned their trust at this point.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
            I kinda want to play them in the Playoffs. The amount of pettiness and shots Casey will throw throughout the series will be amusing.
            I think this is the one year I'd actually like to see Casey get swept...

Comment

• Sell out streak isn't going anywhere. Some of the TV numbers are up. I'm sure merch is still flying off the shelves.

The real Magic in Masai is that he's easily as shrewd a business operator as a basketball exec. Like he got tanebaum in on NBAfrica, told MLSE to buy a minor league Basketball team. Build ground up without much local support a new practice facility. Is into NBA tax on contracts. Handed out MAJOR contracts to Demar and Kyle, ruthlessly traded fan faves, not bent to fan admiration. And I'll bet these past 5-6 years are on, if not the, top 10 revenue for MLSE balance sheets.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

well nick did try to run the little fake hand off play with marc gasol with like 40 seconds left... Not really a good move when the opposing coach knows that play and runs it himself with his new team. I think Nick wanted to get Dwayne with that play as a little bragging rights.
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• their also some truth to Casey's comments from a tactical sense Detroit would probably be our hardest first round matchup case knows how nicks thinks and what kind of offense he runs. would be a big advantage the underdog doesn't usually have. not to mention blake griffin in the best player on any of the bottom 3 playoffs teams. I don't think we would lose but Blake's good enough to win them a game or two. he's also Pascal's kryptonite. if I had to rank the potential matchup from easiest to hardest I would go.
                  1.hornets
                  2.magic
                  3.pistons
                  4.nets

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                    their also some truth to Casey's comments from a tactical sense Detroit would probably be our hardest first round matchup case knows how nicks thinks and what kind of offense he runs. would be a big advantage the underdog doesn't usually have. not to mention blake griffin in the best player on any of the bottom 3 playoffs teams. I don't think we would lose but Blake's good enough to win them a game or two. he's also Pascal's kryptonite. if I had to rank the potential matchup from easiest to hardest I would go.
                    1.hornets
                    2.magic
                    3.pistons
                    4.nets
                    Everyone of these teams (including Miami which you didn't mention) can be tough. I mean they are all still playoff teams. If you look at each team you can find something that can scare you:

- Orlando beat us convincingly twice.
                    - Kemba could go off even more than Blake can against us.
                    - D'Angelo can get crazy hot. Nets also have some really good pieces in LeVert and Dinwiddie.
                    - Spo has the playoff experience and the Heat play tough defense. Wade can be sneaky good. Dragic is healthy again

Honestly we shouldn't care who we play in the first round. I think a Pistons/Raptors series would have an edge to it though. Just from the Casey/Nurse angle more than anything.

Would be nice to dispatch whatever team we face in 5 or less though (for once).

Comment

• You should easily beat any of those teams, or forget about going to the finals.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        Do you really think that if he was really injured he would be playing a game here or a game there? No, he would be off for a month or whatever to fully heal before getting back on the court. This schedule seems more random than anything else which is the frustrating part. And the last minute notice of his playing status just adds to the frustration fans are having with him.
                        This
                        Exactly this.

They would have been better to say he's taking one game off of every back to back for the season. Period.
                        The it got random, then it got unpredictable, then the notice was game day.
                        The word came out that they had looked at the entire remainder of the schedule and picked day for him to sit.
                        Then we started losing the easy games we were supposed ot continue winning while he sat....

I'm going to side to Kawai, Masai (Hey that rhy - mes) and the team medical staff whose job it is to get him entirely healthy for EVERY game in the post season. That doesn't meean I have to like it or wish it didn't have to be so .....

Next gut check game>>> beat the Rockets.

Comment

• I'm not worried about not beating them just starting to think about what matchups may look like

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                            their also some truth to Casey's comments from a tactical sense Detroit would probably be our hardest first round matchup case knows how nicks thinks and what kind of offense he runs. would be a big advantage the underdog doesn't usually have. not to mention blake griffin in the best player on any of the bottom 3 playoffs teams. I don't think we would lose but Blake's good enough to win them a game or two. he's also Pascal's kryptonite. if I had to rank the potential matchup from easiest to hardest I would go.
                            1.hornets
                            2.magic
                            3.pistons
                            4.nets
                            Meh, you start blitzing Griffin and force the "the role card guys" to make plays and make shots. Building a system around Griffin as a primary ball handler is regular season fool's gold, just waiting to be exposed.

Comment

• Match up with Detroit is simple. They have no big SF to guard Kawhi. It'll be bully ball
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                                This
                                Exactly this.

They would have been better to say he's taking one game off of every back to back for the season. Period.
                                The it got random, then it got unpredictable, then the notice was game day.
                                The word came out that they had looked at the entire remainder of the schedule and picked day for him to sit.
                                Then we started losing the easy games we were supposed ot continue winning while he sat....

I'm going to side to Kawai, Masai (Hey that rhy - mes) and the team medical staff whose job it is to get him entirely healthy for EVERY game in the post season. That doesn't meean I have to like it or wish it didn't have to be so .....

Next gut check game>>> beat the Rockets.
                                And yet we still have the #2 Record in the entire league! I think this is getting blown too far out of proportion. If we were hovering around .500 and Kawhi was still sitting, or middling around the 4-6 playoff spots, then sure, 100% understand peoples anger ... but ya ... we are 4 games away from hitting 50. We are 46-18 through the hardest bit of the schedule, and looking very good going forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X