No announcement yet.

Game #64 Raptors (46-17) @ Pistons (29-31); Sunday Mar. 3rd at 6pm EDT on TSN4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it really such a big deal that kawhi didn't play? We should be able to take DET without him anyways. I think not having a PG coming off the bench, plus the poor shooting of said PG, serge, gasol and green ultimately done them in. Too many necessary contributors had poor shooting nights. It happens...time to move on. Too bad it happened on the night the old Lowry that everyone has been longing for showed up.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      So if your keeping score at home Casey took shots at: nurse, Raptors franchise history, and now Kawhi Leonard

Dwane ain't playin
      I can't say i disagree about the Kawhi part....hahahahaa

Comment

• Oh yeah, and clearly the refs were up to something last night. I'm not sure if it favoured one side or the other, but they had their fingerprints all over that game, and way too much for my liking. Hard to play that way, for either team.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
          Nothing I can copy and paste for ya bud, just the luxury of meeting the guy a coiple times, drinking beer for a half hour with him once...and almost running him over one day. He coached one of my High School ball rivals at Niagara, we gotto talk about some good days, days I remember well. He is fascinating to listen to because he has a deep well of hoops smarts, but for an old guy, it was ike talking to my best buddies about Basketball.

Maybe others are like that to, I can't say, I never met um. Not really my point bud, so why are you making it my point.
          Because I don't think he's even close to one of the brightest minds in the NBA and thought it was pretty funny to even hear someone say that. So from meeting the guy a couple times, drinking beer for a half hour with him once...and almost running him over one day you have anointed him one of the "greatest minds in NBA broadcasting" ....your words.

It's cool you like him, find him entertaining or even educational. But in my opinion, he's on the air for goofy colour, goofy singing, goofy drunk stories and the occasional basketball story of how it was back in the day. Evidently, some fans like that, I'm just not one of them.

Don't take it personally.
          Last edited by G__Deane; Mon Mar 4, 2019, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• I don't take anything personally.
            I just understand him, maybe you don't.

Comment

I don't take anything personally.
              That's old-guy talk for "we're both old", right? Haha

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

That's old-guy talk for "we're both old", right? Haha
                Yeah....

Comment

I don't take anything personally.

Fair enough. I don't ..... bu it sure sounds like your opinion is coloured by the fact that you met him personally
                  Last edited by G__Deane; Mon Mar 4, 2019, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Fair enough. I don't ..... bu it sure sounds like your opinion is coloured by the fact that you met him personally
                    It likely is, you get a way different perspective when you actually talk to a person. I'm not sur eif you've ever met these guys...I can tell you this, Matt Devlin is an ENTIRELY different guy IRL, he's Sports dude, not at all nerdy of goofy. He swears, pisses and moans all that. He also hit on my Ex while we shared a beer. hahaha

Comment

He also hit on my Ex while we shared a beer. hahaha
                      Haha, is that why she's your ex?

Comment

• nilanka wrote: View Post

haha, is that why she's your ex?
                        RACK IT UP matty d!!
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

It likely is, you get a way different perspective when you actually talk to a person. I'm not sur eif you've ever met these guys...I can tell you this, Matt Devlin is an ENTIRELY different guy IRL, he's Sports dude, not at all nerdy of goofy. He swears, pisses and moans all that. He also hit on my Ex while we shared a beer. hahaha
                          haha I bet it's a great story.

Comment

• Just a thought.
                            Since we almost never use the entire bench, would it be crazy to have Kawhi suit up for the game on his maintenance days but not use him unless absolutely necessary for the W. Like against Detroit but not until the final few minutes or OT for instance.

Or would there be too much of a chance of injury going in cold? It would be pretty cool to send him in OT and have him go off for the W

Comment

Just a thought.
                              Since we almost never use the entire bench, would it be crazy to have Kawhi suit up for the game on his maintenance days but not use him unless absolutely necessary for the W. Like against Detroit but not until the final few minutes or OT for instance.

Or would there be too much of a chance of injury going in cold? It would be pretty cool to send him in OT and have him go off for the W
                              Hurts the per game averages. Players wouldn't like it.

Half sarcastic, half serious.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Just a thought.

Yeah, I like that idea. Seems absolutely unprecedented though. Not sure why it's never done. Prolly cause if you're out you're out, and if you're in you're in.

They probably actually want him out regardless. Would be nice if we could add him to level up at the late stages though.

Comment

Working...
                                X