Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #65 Houston Rockets vs Toronto Raptors on Tuesday March 5th, 2019 at 8:00 pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2
    replied
    We still go as Lowry goes.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Unfortunately seeding is probably going to be a casualty of our load management program, because it's cost our chemistry and we have lost some games that we should have won on paper.

I am okay with that. I think Nurse's comment today about load management shows that he realizes that it's a problem, and I think the next six weeks will be dedicated to getting this machine humming by playoff time.

If we are healthy and in sync I think we take anybody in the east with ease--except Philly, which might be a struggle.
    We said that at the end of December. And then again after the all-star break. At this point, Nurse is what he is: he just loves to tinker, hoping to find some innovative magic. And that tinkering usually involves injecting an extra ball-handler where it's not necessary. Expect the episodes of confusion to continue right into the playoffs. Gasol looks really confused and he's a super high IQ player. And Lin is completely bewildered out there. He's a high IQ replacement level guard and he's never looked this bad before. There's definitely a communication problem happening.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    What's the problem?

“Just the chemistry, lineup changes – one time Marc is in, one time Serge is in there, some guys are hurt, guys are in and out, still figuring it out, some guys still learning the plays,” said Raptors guard Danny Green. “So many different lineups, so many different faces, trying to gel together is a big part of the reason why but at this point, no excuses. We still have to find ways to play better regardless of who is on the floor, we have to find ways to pick each other up.”

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Lowest ecoring first half for the Raps all season
    Harden scrored the Rockets final 16 points and got 19 in the 4Q....clutch

What's with Ibaka hugging him all the way off the court

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    Unfortunately seeding is probably going to be a casualty of our load management program, because it's cost our chemistry and we have lost some games that we should have won on paper.

I am okay with that. I think Nurse's comment today about load management shows that he realizes that it's a problem, and I think the next six weeks will be dedicated to getting this machine humming by playoff time.

If we are healthy and in sync I think we take anybody in the east with ease--except Philly, which might be a struggle.

Leave a comment:

• octothorp
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post

Yeah, it feels like he's not watching the calendar here. Last reg season game is April 9, just little over a month away. Bucks, Philly, even Pacers have a pretty good idea of how their respective teams function, whereas he continues to go about "learning" and "try some things out". That's fine and dandy in October but this late in the year it's a red flag imo. It's like he's been given a nice cut of steak but wats to try to cook it like a hot dog just to see what it tastes like. Gotta start zeroing in and polishing the teams strenghts, and working on minimizing its limitations, rather then "trying some things out" all the time. You're not gonna re-invent the wheel by now, leave that to the next training camp.
    With the rotations, I don't think this is still 'trying some things out' that he's going to take into the playoffs. It's 'trying to find something that's going to work until FVV comes back'. He's been trying a lot of different rotations since the trade deadline, and honestly no rotation that he's tried has been reliable. At some point that's not on him, that's just that this isn't a well-built roster right now. This isn't experimentation for the sake of experimentation, it's experimentation by necessity. The starters have been great whether with Ibaka or Gasol, but you can't just play a playoff-style rotation yet or you'll burn those guys out.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    what ever we were doing on the defensive end in that 3rd quarter we gotta bottle up and can it

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    Nurse:

what a joke of a coach
    Yeah, it feels like he's not watching the calendar here. Last reg season game is April 9, just little over a month away. Bucks, Philly, even Pacers have a pretty good idea of how their respective teams function, whereas he continues to go about "learning" and "try some things out". That's fine and dandy in October but this late in the year it's a red flag imo. It's like he's been given a nice cut of steak but wats to try to cook it like a hot dog just to see what it tastes like. Gotta start zeroing in and polishing the teams strenghts, and working on minimizing its limitations, rather then "trying some things out" all the time. You're not gonna re-invent the wheel by now, leave that to the next training camp.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    That sucked.. well more specifically that bench sucked. Bright side.. we probably don't see a full bench line up in the playoffs (although you never know with Nurse).

That Gasol trade just keeps getting worse and worse and worse. At least Delon had some offense in him. I don't know what the hell Lin is doing half the time. JV would fight hard for rebounds. He'd still set hard screens. JV was tough. Gasol is so damn soft.

Ibaka and Siakam in that 3rd quarter were amazing though. We need to keep starting Serge and hope Gasol only plays with starters as a quick sub here and there. I can't wait for Fred to get back so we can staple Lin on that bench.. man he sucks. Norm definitely has that curse back. Just so dumb half the time. Stupid fouls that lose momentum.

Really not the greatest coaching night for Nurse. But the pep talk he had at half time must have been great. The defense was on fire. So tip my hat to him for that at least. It all went down hill in the 4th though. He's got to stop with the damn hockey line ups though. Not everyone has to play!

Good to see GSW getting their asses kicked.. at least we can still maintain that 2nd seed overall.

Provided we don't continue the losing streak lol. Bucks lose 2 so we lose 2. Maybe a practise would help. They don't seem to have any lately

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    That sucked.. well more specifically that bench sucked. Bright side.. we probably don't see a full bench line up in the playoffs (although you never know with Nurse).

That Gasol trade just keeps getting worse and worse and worse. At least Delon had some offense in him. I don't know what the hell Lin is doing half the time. JV would fight hard for rebounds. He'd still set hard screens. JV was tough. Gasol is so damn soft.

Ibaka and Siakam in that 3rd quarter were amazing though. We need to keep starting Serge and hope Gasol only plays with starters as a quick sub here and there. I can't wait for Fred to get back so we can staple Lin on that bench.. man he sucks. Norm definitely has that curse back. Just so dumb half the time. Stupid fouls that lose momentum.

Really not the greatest coaching night for Nurse. But the pep talk he had at half time must have been great. The defense was on fire. So tip my hat to him for that at least. It all went down hill in the 4th though. He's got to stop with the damn hockey line ups though. Not everyone has to play!

Good to see GSW getting their asses kicked.. at least we can still maintain that 2nd seed overall.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    Nurse:

what a joke of a coach
    Coaches usually talk about what they are going to do to win the game. The key word is win.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    I watched the 3Q of the Celtics / Warriors and the stars (primary scorers) for both teams played the full quarter. We are giving away games.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Nurse:
    . “We’re gonna treat this tonight more as a continuing progression in what our team’s learning and what they’re doing, not so specific game plan for tonight,” said Nurse. “We’re making some really good strides defensively in a number of different coverages, and I would see us continuing to work on those … So we’re gonna try some things out more for us I think more than for the specific game tonight.”
    what a joke of a coach

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    Was it me or Kawhi looked a bit rusty today? I'm not gonna say out of shape, but was grabbing the shorts quite a bit, and the shot looked a bit flat. And it's not that he was on Harden a lot tonight, that fell o other guys tonight for the most part. Gotta be careful that "load management" doesn't work against him. There's no b2b in the playoffs but there will be about 3 games/week with a plane ride in between, so if he's gonna get winded from that kinda of "load", that's a flag.
    I heard today that since the Portland game, no practices or game day shoot arounds. I worry that Kawhi looks tired too. Right now this is our team and FVV is the saviour!

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    Another loss on Nurse.
    --stop playing 10 guys every night, it's March. Get in rhythm for the post-season.
    --Don't play McCaw/Lin/OG together. There's not enough scoring on this lineup. All these players are averaging 7pts or less this season as a Raptor. Regardless of who the other 2 are on the court, this lineup will go nowhere and will bleed points. They will keep you afloat against lesser teams but it will not work i the playoffs.
    --If you have a defensive beast (Serge) with 5 blocks, tons of altered shots, on pace for 15+ boards and it's energizing the crowd and the team to boot, play him an extra 3 to 4 minutes. It's not gonna kill him. You don't play again till Friday. Don't take him out with 2 minutes left on the 3rd and wait till only 5mi left in the game to put it back in.

He wanted to get Gasol minutes.
    Last edited by Zak24gege; Wed Mar 6, 2019, 01:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X