Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bynum, Beasley, Noah and Lee Who Fits Best With the Raps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't take away the fact that there is a guy owed $66.4M over three years to be a role player and there is a new CBA coming out after next season that will probably shrink the league salary cap.

Comment

#1 Bynum

#2 Noah

#3 Lee

#4 Beasley
      nbaroundtable

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
        What is it going to take for the Lakers to pull a Bosh for Bynum. Clearly Bynum is more valuable than Bosh, but the Lakers window to win shrinks every year and realistically with thier make up and pay roll, they have this year plus two more. Bosh gives them more of a win now line up and Bynum doesn't really seem fit with the Lakers, but if the Lakers lose to the Thunder, does that mean they are more likely to pull the trigger? What if they lose to Bron in the finals?

With all these western teams falling short, I think a lot of them are going to be inquiring about Bosh first and Hedo second. Hedo's skill set is abysmal on a bad team, but when surrounded by good players he is a game changing mismatch.
        Yeah i agree i think u can put Dallas in the running for the Bosh Sweepstakes. Personally i like Bynum the kid is only 22 yrs old and is becoming a very good center. I also like his contract too,his rebounding and defense will only get better. Now if he could only play a full season thats another issue, you bring him here and you got your front court signed for a long time .
        "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Vellassco wrote: View Post
          Marcin Gortah & Rashard Lewis for Bosh & Hedo
          Is that you Hedo? wanna go home don't ya.....come on dude lets be realistic here no way in hell BC does that .

Herm Edwards

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Doesn't take away the fact that there is a guy owed $66.4M over three years to be a role player and there is a new CBA coming out after next season that will probably shrink the league salary cap.
            Role player? Shard?

2005-2009 All-Star. Seattles' No1 scorer (22/7). He is one of the corner rock of his current team. He is 6'10. Miss-match for most 4's and 3's in this league. He is natural scorer. Great shooter. Above average post-up player. Great locker room guy.

You need a scorer to fill Bosh's score board and a true center for your defensive struggles. You are giving Bosh+Hedo's total 28 mill contract and getting both with this trade with the same value. And most importantly "No more Hedo".

Comment

rdiaz101 wrote: View Post
              Is that you Hedo? wanna go home don't ya.....come on dude lets be realistic here no way in hell BC does that .

Lee and Beasley are realistic but this one not huh. C'mon.

Comment

Part of Bynum's low rebounding numbers are due to the fact that Gasol, Odom, Artest and even Kobe are good rebounders.

Rashard Lewis would be the worst possible player to come to the raptors. I would hope the organization could find another player who can shoot the 3 and score about 16 points per game for under 20 million a year. I only support Rashard coming over if he is packaged with Dwight.

I think a front line of Turk, Bargs and Bynum is pretty formidable, they all bring different skills to the table and each has a strength that compliments anther's weakness.

I think Wade to Dallas is going to make a lot of sense after the play offs, Cuban is looking to shake things up, but a S&T for Bosh doesn't work well, they really have no one outside of Beaubois i'd like to see coming back. Butler is exhibit A for a good player developing bad habits while wasting away on a bad team, his shot selection makes Mike James look conservative.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                  Part of Bynum's low rebounding numbers are due to the fact that Gasol, Odom, Artest and even Kobe are good rebounders.
                  On my prior post on this thread I said that that was a possibility. However, we don't know for sure because he hasn't played without other decent rebounders.

Though I would suspect that his rebounding numbers would probably go up if he played for the Raptors alongside Bargs.
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Lee and Beasley are realistic but this one not huh. C'mon.
                    Miami and NY have shown a lot of interest in Bosh, these are the players that have been rumoured to be involved in the deals. Now would BC pull the trigger ? is it realistic ? probably not and I hope he doesn't . I just put together who was rumored and who would be included if a deal goes down with their respective teams. Read the post C'mon.

Herm Edwards

Comment

rdiaz101 wrote: View Post
                      Miami and NY have shown a lot of interest in Bosh, these are the players that have been rumoured to be involved in the deals. Now would BC pull the trigger ? is it realistic ? probably not and I hope he doesn't . I just put together who was rumored and who would be included if a deal goes down with their respective teams. Read the post C'mon.
                      Bosh will have almost exact freedom at July1st. You cant count a few teams and say those are the players gonna be involved. With current Cap space %50 of the league can reach Bosh (S&T or outright... add other under the cap teams to them). And he has no obligation to help Toronto other than ethical issues and extra 20 mil total loss. If you look from Bosh's perspective, He will take what he wants at the end of the day.. contract duration (5 years), max contract... I don't think he will putt yearly say 3-4 mil benefit (from S&T) to his number 1 priority. He will look the teams which he thinks he fits well (most likely those teams not gonna be wholly new constructed teams. It would be deadly for him i.e: Hedo-Toronto) and ask himself like they are gonna be contender or not.

This makes every scenario can possible and you cant say "C'mon be realistic" cuz you are not holding tip of the rope of your future.

Comment

haha.. Kuba's thread came right in time to prove my notion. lol.

"where should I go next season and why". lol

Comment

Bosh will have almost exact freedom at July1st. You cant count a few teams and say those are the players gonna be involved. With current Cap space %50 of the league can reach Bosh (S&T or outright... add other under the cap teams to them). And he has no obligation to help Toronto other than ethical issues and extra 20 mil total loss. If you look from Bosh's perspective, He will take what he wants at the end of the day.. contract duration (5 years), max contract... I don't think he will putt yearly say 3-4 mil benefit (from S&T) to his number 1 priority. He will look the teams which he thinks he fits well (most likely those teams not gonna be wholly new constructed teams. It would be deadly for him i.e: Hedo-Toronto) and ask himself like they are gonna be contender or not.

This makes every scenario can possible and you cant say "C'mon be realistic" cuz you are not holding tip of the rope of your future.
                          Of course there more than just the teams i mentioned that could get to Bosh, BUT there are also teams that won't mess with the core they already got Orlando is in this catagory. Why would they pay Hedo, what they didn't want to a year ago? and if Rashard is as good as you say he is why would they just let him go just like that? why would they bring in another superstar who they will pay max money to when they already have Dwight? just sends the wrong message to him,especially after he took them to the Finals a year ago and have a strong chance of doing the same again this year, they swept a good team in the Bobcats will beat the old ass Celts or Cavs and will go to the Final again. PLus if they sign Bosh to Max contract and they won't be able to sign Dwight in a couple of years especially with the cap going down this year.
                          Last edited by rdiaz101; Fri Apr 30, 2010, 08:24 PM.

Herm Edwards

Comment

I can answer all of your Hedo-Orlando or Bosh-Orlando related questions. All are carrying long and rational stories beneath themselves.

My reaction was to your "Lets be realistic here no way in hell BC does that" sentence. BC is not the main guy in here, not even at the table. He may be Horse whisperer but not more than this.

Comment

I can answer all of your Hedo-Orlando or Bosh-Orlando related questions. All are carrying long and rational stories beneath themselves.

My reaction was to your "Lets be realistic here no way in hell BC does that" sentence. BC is not the main guy in here, not even at the table. He may be Horse whisperer but not more than this.
                              Of course u can i like the "Bosh wants to go to Orlando because of the beaches and sand " and "everyone wants to play with D12" because thats what Bosh is taking into account this summer.

Herm Edwards

Comment

- Why would they pay Hedo, what they didn't want to a year ago?

They actually offered. They offered 9 mil/year (4 year contract). Hedo insisted for 5 years. They were going to increase their offers and invited him to a meeting after Vince deal done but hedo had already gone to Portland and His market had jumped more than they could handle.

- and if Rashard is as good as you say he is why would they just let him go just like that?

Cuz they are having another scorer in their roster now: Vince
                                At the beginning of the year both Vince and Shard struggled and cried for not having enuff shoot, esp Shard. Now, SVG found a mid way but im not sure whether it is solved completely or not.

- why would they bring in another superstar who they will pay max money to when they already have Dwight?

They've already brought one: Vince (18 mil contract), Plus Shard's contract is 22 mil. Dwight is not a cry baby. He is a happy monkey guy under the all circumstances. He is having fun while playing. As if its his hobby.

- just sends the wrong message to him,especially after he took them to the Finals a year ago and have a strong chance of doing the same again this year, they swept a good team in the Bobcats will beat the old ass Celts and will go to the East Final again.

Nothing is sweeter than a wearing a ring. I guess. Its the main goal of this Jurassic Park. If they fail this year, they will want to come stronger next year. Meer/Vince/Hedo/Bosh/Dwight deadly combination, right?

- PLus if they sign Bosh to Max contract and they won't be able to sign Dwight in a couple of years especially with the cap going down this year.

Vinces' contract gonna drop from the list and they are gonna have lots of trade assets on their hands (Bass, Anderson, Reddick, Barnes.. etc)

Comment

Working...
                                X