Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insider Gossip: Colangelo Likely to Let Bosh Go

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    I don't think an Internet rumor is going to impact Chris' FA. As long as he passes the physical someone is going to sign the guy for max money.



    Was Bosh's play upon return do to something more serious than we were told(knee)? That's a good question to ask right about now but I think the answer to that would be another question. Would Bosh jeopardize his FA by putting a damaged knee at further risk?
    If the Dr. says you are good to go, its kind of hard not to. Besides wasn't it his ankle that he hurt before he stuck his face in front of Jamison's elbow?
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

    Comment


    • #47
      Was Bosh's play upon return do to something more serious than we were told(knee)? That's a good question to ask right about now but I think the answer to that would be another question. Would Bosh jeopardize his FA by putting a damaged knee at further risk?
      Well, after he returned from that (vs. Memphis) injury he became pretty much a jump shooter and appeared to be a lot more disconnected/disinterested. This is obvious to anyone who has watched the games. This is around the time when those rumors about 'someone getting into his head' started - which could have played a factor as well.

      So to answer your question: with him being so passive/disconnected on the court and not being as effective as he's capable of being, I say that he was minimizing his risks of jeopardizing his FA.

      Comment


      • #48
        Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        Just a quick snippet from Buddhafan's link:

        "by BrooklynBulls on Wed May 05, 2010 3:59 pm

        This story is fabricated. The user will be disciplined for spreading false rumors. Lock if you'd like, Miami mods..."

        Comment


        • #49
          Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          If the Dr. says you are good to go, its kind of hard not to. Besides wasn't it his ankle that he hurt before he stuck his face in front of Jamison's elbow?
          They said it was his ankle but they weren't under oath or anything.

          Comment


          • #50
            Yes, it does appear that this story was a hoax, which I figured as much. More evidence of just how dangerous the internet is at spreading false rumours.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

            Comment


            • #51
              TIm W. wrote: View Post
              Yes, it does appear that this story was a hoax, which I figured as much. More evidence of just how dangerous the internet is at spreading false rumours.
              As well as how similar Raptors fans are to the veggies in the wilderness. One spark and you've got yourselves a wildfire/brushfire!

              Gotta love how a knowledgeable source worried about backlash would offer up the information to his friend, who whilst worried about "outing" the source, offered to let forum mods know the source. Just doesn't seem like a very smart move on the part of the source, and frankly, I'll take B.C.'s words over any unnamed source.
              Last edited by Quixotic; Wed May 5th, 2010, 07:44 PM. Reason: wanted to type moar!

              Comment


              • #52
                Bosh has been in the league seven years and he has yet to have played all 82 games in a season.

                Doesn't he have a history of breaking down physically after the all-star game?

                Isn't that why he added muscle?

                It is no piece of cake to play inside on a regular basis as you get mileage on you. Your body takes a continual pounding. A big part of Bosh's offense is taking it to the rack and scoring and/or getting fouled. So it stands to reason that even if he had a normal healthy body that after so many years he would eventually start to stay on the outside more.

                Gurads like Kobe are different because they don't play inside on defense but take someone like Sheed. He is now loathe to go down low and bang around on offense because he knows that his body just can't take it anymore and he wants to try and stay relatively healthy.

                My point being. Bosh at 26 already has a history of breaking down physically after the all-star game and as he puts more NBA mileage on and gets older it isn't going to get better that is for sure. There is only one way he can avoid breaking down more frequently in the future and that is to become more of a jump shooter and loosen up his defense and reduce his rebounding effort.

                So it seems to me that based upon his history I think that his game has already peaked. The only question for me is how fast it is going to go down hill regardless of whether that article was correct or a fabrication.
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

                Memories some so sweet, indeed

                Larger Photo of the avatar



                “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Buddahfan, Nash struggled with injuries early in his career and it looked like he would never become a good NBA PG. That obviously changed. Ilgauskas went through a period when it looked like he would never recover. Then he went five years without missing more than 4 games. Some players struggle with injuries early in their career as their body adjusts to the NBA game. The games Bosh missed this season were freak accidents. You land on someone's foot, something bad is going to happen, no matter what shape you're in.

                  Bosh MAY decline physically, but it's doubtful. If he continues his offseason regime, there's no reason he can't have a long, healthy career.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Letting Bosh go is the smart move. Is that how Colangelo is playing it? That guy can sell you anything.

                    TIm W (hate the uppercase I in there, I can change it for you if you want) has a point about 'Reef and Bosh, neither missed games early but were injury prone. I thought the weight Bosh added last year happened a bit too fast, he even said that he just decided to call up a trainer after watching a DVD of the Olympic team and seeing Dwight Howard and Deron Williams. I'm not an expert at this, but putting on weight when God didn't give you the body for it seems like a bad idea. I didn't complain at the time, I thought a better upper-body would help him (and it did), but he might pay the price later.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      TIm W. wrote: View Post
                      Buddahfan, Nash struggled with injuries early in his career and it looked like he would never become a good NBA PG. That obviously changed. Ilgauskas went through a period when it looked like he would never recover. Then he went five years without missing more than 4 games. Some players struggle with injuries early in their career as their body adjusts to the NBA game. The games Bosh missed this season were freak accidents. You land on someone's foot, something bad is going to happen, no matter what shape you're in.

                      Bosh MAY decline physically, but it's doubtful. If he continues his offseason regime, there's no reason he can't have a long, healthy career.
                      It is true what you say. D. Blair has no cartilage in either of his knees, removed while he was in high school, and has continued to be a force on the boards even into the NBA, though I wonder if he will ever be a starter.

                      It isn't just Bosh's body that gives me pause to think that his game might have peaked. I just don't see at this point Bosh adding things to his game to take him to the next level like significantly improved defense, improved passing etc.

                      Maybe if he got into an environment where he is a second banana then he could focus on further developing other aspects of his game and to continue to improve. However, as long as he is the #1 banana I just don't see him doing these things and I don't think that he can improve his scoring and rebounding numbers per game much if at all from what they were prior to his first injury this season.
                      Last edited by Buddahfan; Thu May 6th, 2010, 11:01 AM.
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

                      Memories some so sweet, indeed

                      Larger Photo of the avatar



                      “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                        Letting Bosh go is the smart move. Is that how Colangelo is playing it? That guy can sell you anything.

                        TIm W (hate the uppercase I in there, I can change it for you if you want) has a point about 'Reef and Bosh, neither missed games early but were injury prone. I thought the weight Bosh added last year happened a bit too fast, he even said that he just decided to call up a trainer after watching a DVD of the Olympic team and seeing Dwight Howard and Deron Williams. I'm not an expert at this, but putting on weight when God didn't give you the body for it seems like a bad idea. I didn't complain at the time, I thought a better upper-body would help him (and it did), but he might pay the price later.
                        I don't think there are many players that are naturally as big as they are. You look at the NBA 20 years ago and then today and you realize that EVERYONE is bigger. Evolution isn't that quick. These guys are consciously putting on muscle, as Bosh did. Upper body muscle is great for Bosh, but having a really solid base is just as important.

                        And yes, if you could change that upper case `I' that would be great. It was an error i didn't notice until after a few posts. Thanks.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I don't think anyone takes that conspiracy article at face value, but was anyone shocked by it. I kind of nodded my head as I read it. I really wonder where BC's heads at, would he really not offer him the full extension?

                          In practical terms it makes the most sense to S&T Bosh for the best deal, too many things can go wrong to invest all those years and dollars into a peaked big man with shaky knees and a penchant for freak injuries.

                          I don't think the weight is an issue, 90% of players put on weight at their careers progress, although Timmy skillz dropped weight this year to ease pressure on his knees.

                          Bosh dedicated this year to get his max deal and it may have taken a toll on his body, who realistically doesn't think his mindset is now to prolong his career and avoid injury by reverting back to a mid range jump shooter.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            And yes, if you could change that upper case `I' that would be great. It was an error i didn't notice until after a few posts. Thanks.
                            Fixed.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X