Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC Looking At Using Our 1st Pick to Bring Big-Name Talent

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    If anything I think that BC might trade up for a better draft pick if the Raptors don't get a lucky bounce of the ping pong balls.

    He could trade Bargnani and the 13th pick to the 76ers for Dalembert his expiring contract and the 76ers pick which is now at #4
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed May 12, 2010, 08:31 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

    Comment


    • #17
      I was all for the raps not making play offs to get thier pick, but now that i've seen the guys available no one stands out. I would keep the pick until draft day, guys always slide and who knows who will actually be on the board by 13.

      I'd rather trade up than trade away as well. Sometime I worry about who BC sees as a big name. He seems to have a penchant for getting guys just as thier game is plummeting downhill.

      Comment


      • #18
        I justhe doesnt throw it away on another miscalculated trade; an aging washed out player.

        Comment


        • #19
          [QUOTE=LBF;15473]
          Bendit wrote: View Post
          Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

          On the face of it ho valuable can a 13th be in this draft?

          Isnt it time we stop getting rid of our 1st rounders unless of course BC has no confidence in his ability to mine a surprise gem in the draft (say a Rondo who was picked 21 I believe) at pos. 13.[/QUOTE}

          do we have a second round pick this year?

          because they're have been so many good players in recent years in the second round.

          guys like: ellis, ginobli, arenas, all these guys were second rounders and are all the stars of their team pretty much.
          Ya, and a whole lot more second rounders did absolutely nothing. I'll bet you like buying lottery tickets because you think you've got a good chance at winning, don't you.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

          Comment


          • #20
            INFO wrote: View Post
            straight up F**k off (B.C)
            i hate how he constantly tardes away young pieces
            i showhow find it easier (+ its more fun) to watch homegrown talent blossom.
            I hate when he trades away all our picks

            that being said it goign to happen, and we'll be saying in 2 years how it was a crappy and shitty idea
            Um, what young pieces has he traded away that ended up becoming anything? Colangelo trades away all the Raptors picks? So far, in four years, he's responsible for missing out on getting Roy Hibbert. That's it. Try and get your facts straight, please.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

            Comment


            • #21
              Tim W. wrote: View Post
              Um, what young pieces has he traded away that ended up becoming anything? Colangelo trades away all the Raptors picks? So far, in four years, he's responsible for missing out on getting Roy Hibbert. That's it. Try and get your facts straight, please.
              Along with Charlie Villanueva and the 1st rounder he traded to the Heat that makes 3 first round picks traded away in the last 5 years, with 0 first round picks (young ones, anyway) coming back our way.

              Not saying they were necessarily bad trades, and I agree with your point that fans overvalue draft picks, but the fact is that he has given up more 1st rounders than he has used.

              Comment


              • #22
                TM Williamson wrote: View Post
                Along with Charlie Villanueva and the 1st rounder he traded to the Heat that makes 3 first round picks traded away in the last 5 years, with 0 first round picks (young ones, anyway) coming back our way.

                Not saying they were necessarily bad trades, and I agree with your point that fans overvalue draft picks, but the fact is that he has given up more 1st rounders than he has used.
                Well, you can't count Villanueva, since he'd already played a year (and he was traded for another young player, anyway). So far, Colangelo has had two draft picks that he used (Bargnani and Derozan), and traded away one (Hibbert). There was one that was traded away by Glenn Grunwald for Tracy Murray) and one that will eventually go to the Heat the next time the Raptors make the playoffs. He certainly hasn't traded away even most of the Raptors draft picks and all the young talent he traded away they certainly don't miss.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

                Comment


                • #23
                  TM Williamson wrote: View Post
                  Not saying they were necessarily bad trades, and I agree with your point that fans overvalue draft picks, but the fact is that he has given up more 1st rounders than he has used.
                  First of all welcome TW, second of all Colangelo has a far better track record using draft picks than he does trading them away. For this reason alone one would think that he would learn from his mistakes and play to his strength, draft players. I know people are going to bring up his first round misses but he has had a lot of first round home runs and they didn't come off early picks either.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    The ironic thing is that Hibbert is on the short list of players that would be perfect for the raps right now. HIbbert is more valuable than the two principal pieces in the trade TJ and JO.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      mo-sales wrote: View Post
                      The ironic thing is that Hibbert is on the short list of players that would be perfect for the raps right now. HIbbert is more valuable than the two principal pieces in the trade TJ and JO.
                      Hibbert would be nice, but it's not as if missing out on him was a huge loss. I don't know if he'd be perfect for the Raptors right now. He's not the most mobile big man, and if the Raptors are going to run (which they will have to do), he would have trouble keeping up.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        mo-sales wrote: View Post
                        The ironic thing is that Hibbert is on the short list of players that would be perfect for the raps right now. HIbbert is more valuable than the two principal pieces in the trade TJ and JO.
                        Hindsight can sometimes feel like a swift kick to the balls.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Hindsight can sometimes feel like a swift kick to the balls.
                          [IMG][/IMG]

                          [IMG][/IMG]
                          Last edited by Buddahfan; Thu May 13, 2010, 03:24 PM.
                          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

                          Memories some so sweet, indeed

                          Larger Photo of the avatar



                          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X