Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOOPSWORLD: Bosh Will Not Be Back in Toronto

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HOOPSWORLD: Bosh Will Not Be Back in Toronto

    Take it with a grain of salt because after this is coming from HOOPSWORLD, but I'd be interested to know who their "sources"are.

    "Sources close to the situation have said Chris Bosh will not be back in Toronto, the decision has been made... He'll shop a sign-and-trade."
    Source - Click here

  • #2
    A used car salesman?

    Comment


    • #3
      I think we've seen the best of CB4 early this past season, and early in the season before, and he's shown to not be able to maintain that level for a season. He seems to want to put himself in the top tier calibre of player, but he doesnt want to admit his deficiences, he's a superstar in his own mind. I think a lot of ppl don't really care either way what happens to him, we've been through that situation before with way more talented players. The best thing we can do is let him do what he wants, which is go somewhere else, and then not even acknowledge him when he returns to play...no booing or cheering, just ignore him. He better get used to being #2 option and rebounding and playing D , cuz on a better team, he will be exposed even more and his all-star days will be over.

      Comment


      • #4
        The rumor about his knees bothers me but rumors aren't always fact and even if they are fact usually they're inaccurate in some way... Houston poses the best case scenario for Bosh. It delivers Bosh out division, out of conference and nets back some nice young pieces.

        Comment


        • #5
          I still think the Bulls could offer the best in a sign-and-trade scenario..

          Bosh for any selection of Taj Gibson, Hinrich, Deng or Noah (whatever salaries match) along with draft picks. Obviously you wouldn't get Noah AND Deng, but might as well try.

          From the Bulls perspective, if they can sign Lebron outright, they'd have Bosh, Lebron and Rose with other complimentary pieces around them.

          Comment


          • #6
            Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
            Take it with a grain of salt because after this is coming from HOOPSWORLD, but I'd be interested to know who their "sources"are.
            That's weird. I got a call from someone saying they were from Hoopsworld, this morning, and they asked me if I followed the NBA and if I did, whether I thought Bosh would be back in Toronto. I said no and they hung up. Must be a coincidence.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

            Comment


            • #7
              RikkJames wrote: View Post
              I think we've seen the best of CB4 early this past season, and early in the season before, and he's shown to not be able to maintain that level for a season. He seems to want to put himself in the top tier calibre of player, but he doesnt want to admit his deficiences, he's a superstar in his own mind. I think a lot of ppl don't really care either way what happens to him, we've been through that situation before with way more talented players. The best thing we can do is let him do what he wants, which is go somewhere else, and then not even acknowledge him when he returns to play...no booing or cheering, just ignore him. He better get used to being #2 option and rebounding and playing D , cuz on a better team, he will be exposed even more and his all-star days will be over.
              This post is pretty emo. View things not as a loved one moving on, but a business parter moving on. No reason to feel so emotional about things.

              Comment


              • #8
                Tim W. wrote: View Post
                That's weird. I got a call from someone saying they were from Hoopsworld, this morning, and they asked me if I followed the NBA and if I did, whether I thought Bosh would be back in Toronto. I said no and they hung up. Must be a coincidence.
                lol. Probably not far off of what really happened!

                Comment


                • #9
                  da_goose09 wrote: View Post
                  I still think the Bulls could offer the best in a sign-and-trade scenario..

                  Bosh for any selection of Taj Gibson, Hinrich, Deng or Noah (whatever salaries match) along with draft picks. Obviously you wouldn't get Noah AND Deng, but might as well try.

                  From the Bulls perspective, if they can sign Lebron outright, they'd have Bosh, Lebron and Rose with other complimentary pieces around them.
                  Why would James be willing to take less money and leave his old team hanging over Bosh? James is a hometown boy. If anyone is going to try and fetch his former club a sweetheart deal its him. In your scenario Bosh makes more money per year than James and gets an extra year more than James guaranteed.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    da_goose09 wrote: View Post
                    I still think the Bulls could offer the best in a sign-and-trade scenario..

                    Bosh for any selection of Taj Gibson, Hinrich, Deng or Noah (whatever salaries match) along with draft picks. Obviously you wouldn't get Noah AND Deng, but might as well try.

                    From the Bulls perspective, if they can sign Lebron outright, they'd have Bosh, Lebron and Rose with other complimentary pieces around them.
                    Noah isn't getting moved. They love him in Chicago, and for good reason. He played great this year. I really don't think Chicago is the best trading partner. I would much rather see Toronto ship Bosh to New Orleans to play with Chris Paul. In return Toronto would get Darren Collison, the 11th pick in this years draft, the Hornets 2012 first rounder, and whatever is needed to make the salaries match.
                    I Am Shutup

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      da_goose09 wrote: View Post
                      I still think the Bulls could offer the best in a sign-and-trade scenario..

                      Bosh for any selection of Taj Gibson, Hinrich, Deng or Noah (whatever salaries match) along with draft picks. Obviously you wouldn't get Noah AND Deng, but might as well try.

                      From the Bulls perspective, if they can sign Lebron outright, they'd have Bosh, Lebron and Rose with other complimentary pieces around them.
                      The Bulls will not be offering Noah. Deng, Hinrich and Gibson (and maybe James Johnson). I can see them offering Deng and Gibson for one free agent and Hinrich and Johnson for another. That would allow them to dump some salary in order to save to re-sign Rose and Noah down the line.

                      Of course, if a team doesn't want Deng or Hinrich's contract back, they could just get Gibson or Johnson back and have a big trade exception.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        MattyG-Ray wrote: View Post
                        Noah isn't getting moved. They love him in Chicago, and for good reason. He played great this year. I really don't think Chicago is the best trading partner. I would much rather see Toronto ship Bosh to New Orleans to play with Chris Paul. In return Toronto would get Darren Collison, the 11th pick in this years draft, the Hornets 2012 first rounder, and whatever is needed to make the salaries match.
                        You need to ask yourself why Bosh would want to go to New Orleans when its been said he doesn't want to go to a small market team. If he were going to go to a small market team then the Thunder have the best assets in my opinion. Oh and then there's David West, who isn't that far behind to be getting paid less than half what Bosh is about to receive per year.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                          Take it with a grain of salt because after this is coming from HOOPSWORLD, but I'd be interested to know who their "sources"are.



                          Source - Click here
                          Link does not appear to go to article. When you search Bosh on the link you come up empty even if you go back in time.

                          RealGM is the only one that has anything on it and they have no link to hoopsworld.
                          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

                          Memories some so sweet, indeed

                          Larger Photo of the avatar



                          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Sources close to the situation have said Chris Bosh will not be back in Toronto, the decision has been made... He'll shop a sign-and-trade.
                            This tweet was from yesterday early afternoon EDT. There is no link and nothing appears to be on the Hoopsworld website about this. I think it is totally bogus. Just my opinion
                            Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon May 17, 2010, 04:42 PM.
                            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

                            Memories some so sweet, indeed

                            Larger Photo of the avatar



                            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Something is fishy when even "unnamed sources" won't take credit for it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X