Calderon or Jack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calderon or Jack?

During his exit interview, Bryan Colangelo mentioned the fact that the point guard situation should be looked at going into the summer. If one of them is moved this summer, who do you think it will be? Jack or Calderon? I know that Jarrett Jack might be the easier asset to trade(because of his fairly sized contract and his effectiveness on the court) but I believe that if Turkoglu is going to end up as a Raptor next year, I believe that Jack is the better fit to be paying alongside Turkoglu. That being said, Calderon is the better "point guard" out of the two in my opinion because Jack is more of a combo guard than a true point guard but Calderon's massive contract is going to be a huge problem for Bryan Colangelo to find a team that would take him.

So what do you guys think will happen? Do you think Calderon will be moved? Or maybe Jack? Or will both of them stay as part of the raptors next year? Also..if one of them is traded, do you think he'll be included in a S&T package with Bosh? Who do you think we'll be able to get back? A star-caliber wing? Centre? vets? young developing players? Let me know what you think!

Jack is a better defender

Calderon is better PG with a running team.

If the Raptors want to up their tempo I think that Calderon would be a better fit
    If the Raptors want to play more half court then I think Jack would be a better fit.

With Jack you could probably have a better chance of building a better defensive team

With Calderon you could have a more exciting and higher scoring team.

Personally I don't think that either PG as a starter could get the Raptors past the first round in the playoffs.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Havent we discussed this like a million time before ???? Jeeeezzz!! LOL just kiddin man but im sure someone wants to say it . Anyways i hope they trade Jose and keep Jack who is a better all round PG than Calderon. Plus he has a better contract i dont think it matters too much how they trade him as long as they do before next season.
      "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

I say you move Jose (though I like him, he has heart and passion for the game) and keep JJ. Jack has more leadership qualities, in which we need. He's also a better defender. Contract is pretty obvious in why we keep him, also. As for him starting? It could happen, but if we trade Jose, we should look for a starter PG. If we don't use Jose for that, then, Jack starts and Banks is our backup. He didn't play shit all season, when he DID get minutes. Productivity also didn't fall when he was on the floor. His wingspan is long and he's a physically strong PG. And quick...just not your first or second choice when you look through the league at our available PGs...lol.
        The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
        Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
        www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
        http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
        http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

The reason you keep JJ is so that, in the future, when we sign a real starting PG then Jack can back him up. Calderon's contract is too big to be a back-up PG, and his defensive liabilities are too glaring to be a starting PG.

Comment

Jack is not a starting PG in this league (now.. I'm not sure Jose is a great one either, as he seemed to plateau after we made him the starter). I'd say keep them both, but if that's the case, we need a more imposing defender when we lose Bosh.. if you put a shot-blocker or defensive presence back there then Jose won't look nearly as bad defensively

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
              I say you move Jose (though I like him, he has heart and passion for the game) and keep JJ. Jack has more leadership qualities, in which we need. He's also a better defender. Contract is pretty obvious in why we keep him, also. As for him starting? It could happen, but if we trade Jose, we should look for a starter PG. If we don't use Jose for that, then, Jack starts and Banks is our backup. He didn't play shit all season, when he DID get minutes. Productivity also didn't fall when he was on the floor. His wingspan is long and he's a physically strong PG. And quick...just not your first or second choice when you look through the league at our available PGs...lol.
              I'd rather have Will Soloman..! But seriously, we've all seen how not having an adequate back-up point guard plays out.. shouldn't be an option

Comment

I think Calderon will be the first PG offered but sometimes the right deal isn't available. Because of that I think Jack still has a chance to be moved. Calderon is the right guy to move. Let's hope there is a good trade out there for him to be involved with.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  I think Calderon will be the first PG offered but sometimes the right deal isn't available. Because of that I think Jack still has a chance to be moved. Calderon is the right guy to move. Let's hope there is a good trade out there for him to be involved with.
                  agreed. i think for the Raps, moving Calderon makes more sense, but they probably wont get anything much in return so theyll move jack instead who's more in demand. Unless we get a premier PG to start and make jose backup, then it will probably the same output as last season.

Comment

The Raps need to upgrade to a bonafide 1. Either Jack and Calderon would make a fine backup, personally I'd use Jack mainly because paying your backup PG almost 10 million per, is crazy. The problem is the Raps have no system or style from which to decide what players would fit in and hopefully play well here. If B.C. can get some track stars for Bosh then Calderon would be more of a natural fit. If the plan is to rebuild with draft picks and develop our younger players I'd take Jack if only for the financial flexability.

Comment

mmissile wrote: View Post
                      The Raps need to upgrade to a bonafide 1. Either Jack and Calderon would make a fine backup, personally I'd use Jack mainly because paying your backup PG almost 10 million per, is crazy.
                      The problem, of course, is that every other team knows this as well.

Calderon will only get moved either as part of the Bosh S&T or to a team that desperately needs a point guard. There are teams out there starting worse point guards than Calderon, so there is hope for moving him, but even if we do there probably won't be a whole lot of value coming back in return. That said, getting rid of that contract, to me, is more important than the return on the trade (which isn't going to be huge regardless, considering we're talking about borderline starters here)

Trading Jack will fetch more valuable assets (and he is the better player, in my opinion), while trading Calderon will rid the Raps of a bad contract. In the end, as long as one of them gets moved, I'm happy.

Comment

Working...
                      X