Clear All

• Hedo: "I am Unhappy at Toronto"

Just caught this over at the RealGM:

video:
    http://video.ntvmsnbc.com/hidayet-hic-m ... gilim.html
    news:
    http://www.ntvmsnbc.com/id/25097574/

Translation:
    ...national player Hedo is back to Turkey. After a hard season, he said he could not perform as he wished and both himself and the team had mistakes on this.

"Not much to talk about the season. I am sad. You play in NBA finals, score most on your team, carry your team, sign a good contract,.. so expectations were high. When you are not that successful, it affects you a lot naturally. There are reasons behind this, I can talk about these reasons all day long. Of course I had mistakes, but the club also had mistakes."

Hedo said that the news on the Canadian press were not right, but the talks about him being unhappy are totally true.

Trying to escape from questions about why he is not happy, he said "i signed a good contract and all eyes were on me, there were false news coming out about me. Some of it had little truth in them. I am so unhappy. I am totally unhappy at Toronto Raptors. Especially about the things happened near the end of the season. Let's finish here for now, if we meet again, I will explain detail what I had to live through."

The rest is about national team, family, etc. He said he will finally have a vacation that he could not do for years... (didn't he have a long holiday after the finals last year lol)

... Shortly, nothing new, he just acknowledged that he is not happy playing for the Raptors.
    Source - Click here

Whatever Hedo, put up or shut up.

Comment

Hedo - If Toronto fans never saw you again in a Raptors/Huskies uniform it wouldn't be too soon.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

He certainly wasn't unhappy about the paycheck. At least the sentiment is reciprocal, we are unhappy with Turk, too. Can Turk cancel his contract and go as free agent? Kind of a buyout with 1$? OK, make it 2$

Comment

man if we ever do get rid of hedo does he get booed worse than vince?

what a dink. stop crying and at least pretend you're trying to earn that money

Comment

As a a guy who was Hedo's fan at the beginig of the season ( I lived in Turkey for few years) and were al excited about him joing, I have to say, STFU Hedo. You have yourself to blame for man. Coming to the camp out of shape , heck I am in better shape than you are and I ride desk for 8 hours a day.

You are unhappy Hedo , cancel your contract and test the free agency or the club should nail his sorry ass to the bench for next 5 years. We are not going to win anyways.

Comment

OK just chill people. First of all, none of us here speak turkish so cant really say if what came out was a direct translation of what he said.

Also, it seemed he was saying he was unhappy in toronto last season, because of what transpired during season, not because he was unhappy with toronto as a city or as a team.

i wouldnt read much into it until he actually comes out here in toronto and says i want to be traded.

Comment

For all those years that the raptors were dormant and pretty much under the radar for all NBA fans, we have made that up within the past 4 years. From the VC controversy to the TJ Ford vs Jose, to the Bosh conspiracy theories and now Hedo. Man, its like the NBA version of Beverly HIlls 90210!!!!!

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                  For all those years that the raptors were dormant and pretty much under the radar for all NBA fans, we have made that up within the past 4 years. From the VC controversy to the TJ Ford vs Jose, to the Bosh conspiracy theories and now Hedo. Man, its like the NBA version of Beverly HIlls 90210!!!!!
                  90210??

Got to go with this show

http://www.ultimatedallas.com/char/
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Ya, I can't believe people are taking this at face value. Who knows what he actually said , what he meant and if he was even quoted accurately. The gist of it seems to be that he was unhappy with what transpired in Toronto and wasn't happy with how the season ended. Anyone care to disagree with him on that?
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

"I am unhappy at Toronto"

well, I am unhappy on Hedo.

Comment

Translation is close to perfect ( I still speak Turkish).
                        The main point here is that he STILL blames the team also for his shortcomings. He is disappointed but there is no need to point finger at the team. It was him who came out of shape to the camp. It was him that decided to be inflexible and demand the ball and ... It was him who did not have a good relationship with JT.

I am and was a fan of Hedo but the bottom line is, he needed to step up, take the blame and prepare himself for summer. He should have taken the summer off from the European games and rest. But he choose to go to another way and well, I don't think he will change his ways.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                          OK just chill people. First of all, none of us here speak turkish so cant really say if what came out was a direct translation of what he said.

Also, it seemed he was saying he was unhappy in toronto last season, because of what transpired during season, not because he was unhappy with toronto as a city or as a team.

i wouldnt read much into it until he actually comes out here in toronto and says i want to be traded.
                          What ever he is trying to say it's not going to change the fact that he fucked the dog all season long. I think we can all agree on that. We all saw it.

He's not the kind of player that will ever garner any respect in T.O. not after this year. Unless he starts juicin' before games and becomes like Gerald (crash) Wallace pulling down 13 boards, 3 steals, 2 blocks and 17 PPG that might make up for it.
                          But seriously how can this guy expect to make up for an entire season and off seasons of slacking at the expense of the franchise and it’s future namely Chris Bosh.
                          I think he might be worse then VC because at least VC gave us something to cheer about for many years. Now what do we got, a disgruntled, lazy, unproven millionaire who is going to get booed so bad if and when he comes back, he’ll be calling in sick, getting hurt for 10 game stretches and flipping off the crowd on a regular basis and the coaches will just keep trying to help get him going. It’s going to be a long 4 years for the Raptor/Huskies fans.

Also, I do agree these past few years have been down right embarrassing to be a Raptor fan.
                          B.C needs to strike gold this off season.

Comment

Fuck you Hedo Turkoglu.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
                              "I am unhappy at Toronto"

well, I am unhappy on Hedo.
                              Simple is the best. Nice Post matt.

We, Turkish fans, are also unhappy from what we have seen last season. From Hedo, from Management, from Coaching, from Basketball Style... just like you Toronto Fans. Was Hedo part of the solution in that problematic atmosphere? No. So, i agree, He was one of the those problems.

I watched video. First of all, bear in mind, this is his first comments (at airport) to his Turkish Fans. It seems kinda excuse for painful season he gave us. The translation is matching almost what he said but not giving overall emotional perception to you. My impression: He is done with Toronto and waiting something to be happened.

Comment

Working...
                              X