Knicks to Try and Use Bosh to Lure LBJ/Wade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knicks to Try and Use Bosh to Lure LBJ/Wade

Apparently the Knicks see CB4 as a vital peice to them getting LBJ or Wade.

Not surprisingly, the Knicks' leading pitch to LeBron James is that he would be able to play with another superstar in New York. The Knicks will hold enough cap room for two maximum-salary contracts.

The Knicks' first choice is to sign Chris Bosh to play with James, which the club believes would form the most dominant pair from among this free-agent class. The team does not believe that Dwyane Wade and James complement each other best. But the Knicks are just as interested in pairing Wade with Bosh if James declines their offer.

"I'm sure LeBron and Wade would figure out a way to play together, but it's not an ideal fit," the source said. "Bosh would be a perfect complement to both of those guys because of his ability to stretch the floor.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...#ixzz0oy4bWKvn

They also (and I agree) don't see Wade and James complementing each other well, while Bosh on the other hand fits with both well.

Ship either up north I say! (wishful thinking obviously)

The LeBron James/Dwayne Wade combo seemed to do just fine in Beijing. I agree Bosh would probably be a better fit with either, but if those two paired up with a strong big man, they would lethal IMO.

Comment

James and Wade both have the ball in their hands a lot. One would have to accept playing off the ball for it to work. I agree that Bosh is the perfect side kick for any of the elite wings and PGs such as Wade, James, Bryant, D-Will, Paul, etc. Not so sure Bosh wants to give up money to go play in NYC when he can push for a S&T with the Rockets or Lakers and end up in a more stable, tested environment.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        James and Wade both have the ball in their hands a lot. One would have to accept playing off the ball for it to work. I agree that Bosh is the perfect side kick for any of the elite wings and PGs such as Wade, James, Bryant, D-Will, Paul, etc. Not so sure Bosh wants to give up money to go play in NYC when he can push for a S&T with the Rockets or Lakers and end up in a more stable, tested environment.
        For a short span of games, like the Olympics, Wade and LeBron can play together. Over an 82 game season plus playoffs, I don't know how well they compliment each other. With the game on the line, who's going to get the ball in his hands?

And Bosh can still go to New York for a sign and trade, the Raptors just wouldn't get as much in return.

The problem with this strategy is that you have to lure Bosh to New York with absolutely no guarantee that any other big name free agent will follow him. He could end up on a team worse than he would if he remained a Raptor. I'm not sure he'd want to take that risk.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          For a short span of games, like the Olympics, Wade and LeBron can play together. Over an 82 game season plus playoffs, I don't know how well they compliment each other. With the game on the line, who's going to get the ball in his hands?

And Bosh can still go to New York for a sign and trade, the Raptors just wouldn't get as much in return.

The problem with this strategy is that you have to lure Bosh to New York with absolutely no guarantee that any other big name free agent will follow him. He could end up on a team worse than he would if he remained a Raptor. I'm not sure he'd want to take that risk.
          Dont forget that Bosh, Wade & LJ have the same agent/management team. They can cook up a understanding that would have a basis for trust. Where I believe the problem is that NY has a lack of supportive talent to do anything meaningful come the playoffs. LJ has a much better cast in Cleveland that needs some tweaking. Jamieson didnt have time to integrate and getting a more agile presence to replace SHaq/Ilgauskas and a coach puts him in much better position to win than going to NY with Bosh.

Comment

This whole Wade and Bron can't play together is about as absurd as it gets. They are arguably 2 of the best 4 player's in the league and neither have any weaknesses in thier game.

If one of them was a headcase or even Kobe it might be different, but both put winning above all else and I don't think it would matter who took the final shot as long as both player's were involved in the play.

Wade has spent two years wasting away carrying no name has beens and Bron's stock is at an all time low. At this point in thier careers and with so many crushing defeats in thier past, I easily see them putting aside their global ego's and giving the league its first dynastic duo.

If Bosh goes and teams up with Bron and Wade I could never really be that upset. They would smash Jordan's 72-10 and probably not lose until 2011. The rest of the Knicks would be gutted, but the agent of every ring seeking vet worth his salt would be lining up at Donnie Walsh's door.

The reason this doesn't happen won't have anything to do with any miscommunication between the three, i'm sure there will be some top secret, backdoor rock paper, scissors game over who gets the super max and who gets to leave thier team in ruin allthewhile earning less money.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
              dynastic duo
              if bron and wade team up you better get kudos for the nickname!
              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Lebron and Wade teaming up would be a complete disaster, I also hate the idea of lebron and kobe teaming up, this is not soccer guys, this is basketball, and you cannot have two non-PG players handling the ball as big as those two, they both want the ball in their hand as much as possible, which will just create conflict. if You think just because kobe is aging he is gonna give his reign as lakers main stud that easily to Lebron, then you guys do not know kobe as a player that much.

Comment

It's not that LeBron and Wade COULDN"T play together. They obviously can. The question is whether they would WANT to play together knowing what the other player brings to the table. Both players need the ball. And they don't need one another to be successful.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Both player's have played thier whole careers running the entire offense through them as a necessity, we don't really know if they truly need the ball to be successful. They've never had a true point guard who can initiate the offense and as a result have generally been forced to carry less talented players and create the offense from scratch most possessions.

I agree they play similar styles and neither one is that a good a shooter which would certainly help when defenses collapse on the other, but there is no reason to believe they both wouldn't adapt and tailor thier games to the strengths of one another. I would think they would be happy to take some of the ball handling pressure of one another and relish the opportunity to focus more on defense, rebounding and developing a more consistent outside shot. Wade is my favorite defensive player to watch, but he expends so much energy initiating and then creating the offense that he has to pick his stops defensively and can't focus as much on shutting down an opposing team.

Thier the best player's of thier generation and are on pace to have careers which do not mirror thier abilities or desire to win.

Does anyone think if Bron had the option he would choose Bosh over Wade?

Comment

Working...
                    X