Bosh's Value According to Bulls Confidential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh's Value According to Bulls Confidential

A Bulls blog has released an article regarding the teams on the "list" and what we could potentially get back:

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chic...est-offer.html

It's interesting to see the value attributed Bosh. Of course, these guys aren't Jim Paxson, but outside perspective is always nice to understand.

A Chicago offer the article considers "reasonable" is Hinrich + Johnson + Gibson + 2010 pick + Charlotte's 2012 pick. What's more interesting to note is that not all Chicago fans believe that Noah is untouchable, "I love Noah, but I think he's at the peak of his value around the league right now - similar to how Deng was so valuable during the Kobe rumors. Bosh is too special of a player to miss out on."

Perhaps most interesting is the New York Sign n Trade of Chris Bosh where we take back Eddy Curry's expiring deal and offload Hedo Turkoglu. If we truly want to push the undo button, I think this is how we do it. And try to pry Danilo in the process (3 Italians!).

The Chicago offer seems quite reasonable. I disagree with the take on Noah however. He is a different cat from Deng (who is a passive type that they overpaid for). Noah is still on his first contract and hasnt reached his ceiling imo....and a difference maker on a team emotionally and defensively. Getting him in the deal would be great as far as Iam concerned.

Comment

that above deal looks good but if there is any chance we can get Noah BC, do it

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
        Perhaps most interesting is the New York Sign n Trade of Chris Bosh where we take back Eddy Curry's expiring deal and offload Hedo Turkoglu. If we truly want to push the undo button, I think this is how we do it. And try to pry Danilo in the process (3 Italians!).

The consensus seems to be that NY is not a great S&T partner, because they don't have enough good players for Toronto to take back. However, Curry's expiring contract and David Lee do have value around the league, but they are just not great fits in Toronto.

So... I think a very viable option would be for BC to explore a NY S&T involving 3 or 4 teams. If Toronto were to trade Bosh & Turk to NY and get back Galinari, while moving Curry's expiring contract and Lee to another team (or one player each to 2 different teams), then Toronto could get other pieces back that fit better.

I still don't really like this option though. To me, this would be the way to go only if Toronto was moving into a true rebuilding process. Toronto would get Galinari, perhaps turn Lee into a 1st round pick and either get a young player and/or pick for Curry's contract, or keep Curry with eyes on 2011 free agency...

None of the Bosh S&T scenarios seem ideal, but all could turn out well for Toronto, depending on what other secondary moves BC does with his other assets (Calderon/Jack, expiring contracts of Evans/Banks).

Comment

The Hinrich deal is one of the worst deals out there, its Wince 2.0. He's an overpaid point guard who can't shoot and isn't getting younger, good fit for a team like the lakers, terrible fit for the raptors. I would tell Bosh to simply walk rather than stack the Bulls, allow them to unload a bad contract and hold onto thier cap space.

This whole Noah thing is interesting. People denigrate him because he is a defensive minded hustle player with a deficient offensive game, sounds like the opposite of every player the raps have. The guy raises his game every spring and is always right in the middle of big plays. He won two titles in college, is the emotional trigger for his team and has never played with a serviceable big man to free up space.

I would be shocked if the Bulls let him go, but there might not be a way to swing a S&T with the raptors without him. If the bulls have a shot at Bron and Bosh, Noah is expendable, but he also seems like the perfect player they would want to play with.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
            The Hinrich deal is one of the worst deals out there, its Wince 2.0. He's an overpaid point guard who can't shoot and isn't getting younger, good fit for a team like the lakers, terrible fit for the raptors. I would tell Bosh to simply walk rather than stack the Bulls, allow them to unload a bad contract and hold onto thier cap space.

This whole Noah thing is interesting. People denigrate him because he is a defensive minded hustle player with a deficient offensive game, sounds like the opposite of every player the raps have. The guy raises his game every spring and is always right in the middle of big plays. He won two titles in college, is the emotional trigger for his team and has never played with a serviceable big man to free up space.

I would be shocked if the Bulls let him go, but there might not be a way to swing a S&T with the raptors without him. If the bulls have a shot at Bron and Bosh, Noah is expendable, but he also seems like the perfect player they would want to play with.
            I fail to see the Hinrich-Vince connection. And while Hinrich is overpaid, his contract actually isn't that bad, as it goes down in value every year. I do agree that he would be a better fit on a team like the Lakers, but his defense and toughness would be a big plus on the Raptors.

And if the Bulls don't mind parting with Noah, I'd take him in a heartbeat, I think the front office values him more than the fans and writers, though. And rightly so.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I agree with Tim on this.

1) I think this is a great offer for Toronto and they should take it and run with it however, I don't think Bulls GM will be as generous as this blogger and the actual offer will be much less.

2) If Noah is available, which again I highly doubt it, take it and don't look back. Noah is the best player that Raptors can hope to get back from trading Bosh.

3) Deal with NY: If we can off load Hedo and get Curry's expiring contract, I say go for it.
              I don't want anything to do with David Lee. He is handicap on defense and with AB upfront, the two can be a disaster. If NY can clear almost 30 million from our salary by trading Bosh by 2011, then we should do it.

Comment

Flipping Hedo for Deng and Calderon for Hinrich would make sense in the deal for the Raptors and add a lot of value to the CB4 S&T. Suddenly the overall team defense would be much better. Deng would cover some of the offense and defense lost from Bosh leaving and Hinrich could come in and start at either guard spot or come off the bench at either and stabilize the defense on the perimeter while on the floor. Beyond that the picks, Gibson and Johnson make sense. If they could work Bosh, Hedo, and Calderon for Deng, Hinrich, Gibson, Johnson, Charlotte's 1st round and other picks, that seems great for Toronto. I feel it would put them in a place where they are better than the current team and from Chicago's perspective, they're looking much better provided that can figure out how to fit Hedo into the system they want to run. Certainly Noah, Bosh, Turkoglu and Rose looks to be an enticing complementary crew for King James or D-Wade.

Colangelo would still have time to try and work another trade with the expiring contracts of Evans, Banks and the draft pick to land an star from a team looking to sell to cut costs.
                Last edited by Apollo; Wed May 26, 2010, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Hedo for Deng and Calderon for Hinrich? Seriously? I thought fans were supposed to overvalue their players, not undervalue them.

Comment

Well you obviously are living out your assumption.

Comment

I think that deal would be sweet for Toronto...however Chicago not so much. I like your mindset, but why would Chi-town wanna take Hedo, and then go after Bron? Hedo and Caldy would be very expensive sixth/seventh men.

Comment

They don't want to give up Noah and they can't expect to dominate the trade. They would have to be willing to take back a player the Raptors don't want. From your mindset I can ask you why would they want to have Deng if they want to land James? LeBron is versatile enough to play any position on the floor. He could easily guard guys at the 2 with his foot speed.

Comment

Another factor in this will be that LeBron will demand a S&T as well. You can bet your a** that he wants a full max deal too. That's a lot of players to give up by Chicago to match salaries. They may have cap room to sign a max free agent, but the elite ones will want the full max money which they can only get through a S&T.

Comment

Maybe but maybe he won't care as much about maximizing his salary via S&T because he's going to make more out of endorsement deals than most NBA players do through their players salaries.

Comment

We need to undo the calderon button, not the hedo

Comment

Working...
                              X