Potential 2nd Round Picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential 2nd Round Picks

Toronto does not have a 2nd round pick. They moved it to the Heat if my memory is correct. There are teams in the second round who have picks that could be bought or traded for. With that said, let's look at some of the potential second round players who could be available:

Derrick Caracter, PF/C: Huge, long arms, stronger than Hoffa , strong rebounder and has offensive skills that have been compared to Antoine Walker. Has struggled with weight and as a result his mobility is not great. In the second round only a few people have the upside he has and the Raptors would be hard pressed to find someone of his abilities at such a small yearly price tag.

Eric Bledsoe, PG: Fast, agile, explosive, strong, can take hits going to the bucket, can throw it down, can finish with both hands, has the physical tools to be a strong defender (ie: long arms, fast lateral movement). Has struggled with turnovers and is not a great jump shooter. Kind of sounds like a poor man's Rajon Rondo in my opinion.

Willie Warren, PG/SG: Immensely talented combo guard who can create for himself and others with ease. Can knock down shots from anywhere on the floor. Strong going to the rim and knows how to draw fouls. Good passer and good at finding the open man. Holds the ball too long and takes some bad shots at times. Turnover prone and seems to be studying the Toronto Raptors defense instructional videos.

Pablo Aguilar, PF: A Spaniard being compared to Jorge Garbajosa. Glue guy who does nothing outstanding but does all the little things needed to win games. Can hit set shots from anywhere on the floor. Has 3pt range. Great IQ. Has a league leading 3:1 assist/turnover ratio. Smart and effective on defense. Average rebounder.

Craig Brackins, PF/C: Talented offensive player. Good at scoring around the basket and has a face up game. A good rebounder. Not super athletic and his defense needs a lot of work although he has the physical tools to be a strong defender.

I seriously doubt Eric Bledsoe will be in the second-round. The Rajon Rondo comparison (physically and in style of play, not in attitude) is spot on, and for that reason I think the Raptors should really try to get him. If we manage to trade a PG he'd do a great job as a 2nd string PG and hopefully taking the starting job in a few years.

Comment

Depends on where you look. Some have him going early second round, some have him going late first round. Either way, the price tag of the pick should be around the same.

Comment

I like Jordan Crawford as well
        probably will be available early second, i like his game

Comment

Most 2nd round draft picks that end up making any impact in the league are usually ones that unexpectedly drop. Sam Young, DuJuan Blair, Chase Budinger from last year, for example. I pegged all those guys as first round picks. What players do you see as first round picks, but might drop?
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

If the raps pass on Jordan Crawford or let another Dejuan Blair happen I will lose it. The guy dunked on Bron, dominated in the March Madness tournament, has an NBA body and a great name. I will be shocked if he isn't a very, very, solid pro.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              What players do you see as first round picks, but might drop?
              DeMarcus Cousins

Comment

Artsiom Parakhouski - Only 6% body fat and bench press 16. 13.4 rebounds per game this last season in 35mpg.

Currently ranked 38th by DraftExpress. Another Rasho? Rasho was pretty good in his prime. It might be worth it for BC to buy a second round pick to draft him or trade for him on draft day.

[IMG][/IMG]

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...akhouski-5690/
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                X