X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedo" I wont return to Toronto"

Translated Transcript & Link to Turkish TV Interview - Click Here

Ok , Guys. End of story.

Good news for all parts. Especially for me.

Hedo declared the thing we were expecting from him 2night. He exactly will not return to Toronto. He said his advocate and BC are discussing the situation in order to find a way to end his contract. It will be announced soon i guess.

There were lots of information in his speech. I bet you will hear its details around web soon. I wont translate all in here. Its better to forget all past things and look for the future for both parts.

The topic is yours. Here you go. Let classic bashing thing start!
    Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Sat May 29, 2010, 01:09 AM. Reason: Source link added

Does that even work? Can you terminate a contract without a buyout? I NEED TO KNOW NOW! FULL TRANSLATION PLEASE

Comment

Without a link, I'm not sure I buy it, but the only thing that could happen is that Turkoglu accept a buyout. That's the only way to end a contract early without cause. And I don't see that happening, quite frankly. Not after one season with the Raptors.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Turkish

English Translation

'I do not want to return to Toronto'
        Hedo Turkoglu in the NBA, our national pride, NTV, published in sports was the guest of the NBA studio program and found each other important explanations. "Hedo" expressed does not want to return to Toronto.
        Turkish

English Translation

NTV Spor
        Updated: May 29 00:22 BST. 2010 Saturday

Wearing the national jersey in the NBA Toronto Raptors Basketball Hedo Turkoglu we were speaking to NTV sports. Published in Sport in the NBA studio program NTV Murat answering the questions of Kosovo and the K rule 'Hedo' statements were important.

Expressed at every opportunity in Toronto is not happy that Turkoglu, "I do not want to return to Toronto," was found in a statement. With management in big trouble in Toronto adventures of the star basketball player in the American press also mention that the "night life, not because you want to play in the match," he clarified news and it appears that the administration claimed.
        Turkish

English Translation

"I do not want to go back to TORONTO"
        More on link in Turkish - You can use Google Language Tools to translate the rest if you can't read Turkish.

http://www.ntvmsnbc.com/id/25100585/
        Last edited by Buddahfan; Fri May 28, 2010, 05:49 PM.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Where's this part: "He said his advocate and BC are discussing the situation in order to find a way to end his contract."?

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
            Where's this part: "He said his advocate and BC are discussing the situation in order to find a way to end his contract."?
            Its in the video part.

Above translation is not wholly correct and not covering all. But bolded part is true.

I think first step is "Request Trade".... and last step is buyout.

One thing is sure. Hedo will not be in the next year roster.

Comment

If a trade cannot be arranged and as has been noted Hedo will not be on next year's roster in TO then he does not get paid, right? A buyout can be simple....can be done for 1$...and Hedo gets his "freedom" and seek his next location. I have a feeling that was a naive thought on my part.

Comment

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
                ):d:d

Comment

Huge IF on this (somehow I just don't see it happening) but, that said,

IF

Hedo is sure he could get a full mid-level exception cheque then a buy-out could be as cheap as the difference. Don't see him going much cheaper than that however.

Not sure what that would do to the Raptor's Cap and budget #'s though.

(For 2009-10 the mid-level $5.85 million - if that is roughly consistent for 2010-11 then that means the difference I'm referencing - for the 2010-11 year - would be ~ $4 million. 4 years of that is a lot of moola for MLSE to kiss good-bye and NOT ask BC to fall on his sword.)

Comment

Shocker. I'll wait for an accurate english translation before trying to make sense of it Interesting though. He seems to share his opinion on whether Bosh is staying or going but Google Translate just made me confused in english, instead of turkish.
                    Last edited by Mess; Fri May 28, 2010, 07:01 PM.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Well, if he didn't sign such a big-ass contract and then play so poorly, he probably would be a hell of a lot easier to trade. Seriously, though, this shouldn't come as a big surprise. He's never struck me as a guy who's going to take full responsibility for something, but simply find the easy way out. Asking for a trade is an easy way out.

My problem is that by publicly demanding a trade he's suddenly become that much harder to trade. It's not as if he asked for a trade and it wasn't happening. The offseason hasn't even started so it's not as if there's been no movement. And Turkoglu has been around the NBA long enough that he should know better.

My worry is what the Raptors will have to take back in order to trade him away.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I hope someone is working on an english transcript of the 9 minute video.

Who wouldn't love to spend a friday night doing that?

edit: Oh wait there's also a second part that's 11 minutes long.
                        Last edited by Mess; Fri May 28, 2010, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          My problem is that by publicly demanding a trade he's suddenly become that much harder to trade.
                          That was my reaction too. But I kind of reassured myself that he would be impossible to trade for anyway.

(wait, is that really reassuring?)

Comment

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

To continue the buy-out thought a little bit, I could see where it might be as low as $9 to 10 million.

i.e.

Remaining contract of 4 years ($44 million)

less

Anticipated contract of full MLE for 5 years (~ $34 million)

(with Turks assuming the risk of NOT getting a full MLE)

How that $10 million would be split up over the next 4 years for the Raps is not something I know... however... not THAT big a hit in the grand scheme of things imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X