Turk - Where the Hurt Lies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turk - Where the Hurt Lies

With Turk expressing his desire to be traded (he didnt say it directly but i think thats where this is all going to lead), does this move hurt his career or is it more painful for the Raptors organization in the context of attracting FAs or other high-profile players?

It just tells the league and the players that Colangelo and MLSE are starting to lose their common sense in running a solid franchise in terms of proper player selection, and personnel management.

Comment

I don't think it will affect the Raptors' ability to attract FAs. Most free agents are drawn to the place paying the most. That won't change. Most money usually gives the feeling of most appreciation, at first. Beyond that, those who are misinformed about Toronto and Canada will have to be educated if they care to listen. If they still hold biases after that then its unfortunate. Colangelo has a great reputation, so too does Jay, Marc, Alex and PJ. Hedo said he came here due to it being a better family choice but the fact remains that he verbally accepted Portland's offer, Toronto came in and offered more and he broke his word to Portland and signed with Toronto. Money talks.

EDIT: I would list the only exception as being with young, unproven professionals. The best playing opportunity can lead to more long term money but Hedo is a vet so it doesn't apply when it comes to signing the dotted line. For a guy like Amir, he's probably looking for a healthy combination of PT and $$$.
      Last edited by Apollo; Tue Jun 1, 2010, 12:18 PM.

Comment

I think Turk needs to go to a city with crappy night clubs, and crappy pizza.
        -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
        -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Sorry to go back in circles, but Bosh is an FA, the Raps can pay him max money, but he still wont stay.

I think youre right. At the end of the day, it always comes down to how MUCH a team can offer. Its later on they realize that money doesnt always amount to happiness and success.

Is this situation different from DWade and Chicago? Which btw, i think, Wade should be reprimanded for making that comment. I think its unfair that teams are being penalized for commenting on players, but players are not tagged for berating teams.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
            Sorry to go back in circles, but Bosh is an FA, the Raps can pay him max money, but he still wont stay.
            Money still talks. Lots of teams are willing to pay that much. He's going to do his best to work a S&T.

Comment

Do you think the Raps will package Bosh with Turk? Or with Calderon?
              or maybe Turk and Calderon only?

Comment

I think Calderon can be moved a lot easier on his own than Hedo. Hedo and CB4 need to be joined at the hip in any S&T scenario.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  I think Calderon can be moved a lot easier on his own than Hedo. Hedo and CB4 need to be joined at the hip in any S&T scenario.
                  But i think, but not 100% sure, Bosh did not like the way Hedo played. So will this affect his decision to get signed and traded if he found out Hedo will be going with him wherever he goes?

Comment

Working...
                  X