Chad Ford ESPN Chat: Raptors Related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Ford ESPN Chat: Raptors Related

Here's just a little bit that being discussed by fans and Chad over at ESPN today. Mostly pertaining to Bosh.

Aubrey (Houston) -Do the Rockets' have a chance to get Bosh or any of the other big players?

Chad Ford (1:14 PM) - Yes. They'll make an argument. They have a number of smaller assets that they could offer and a guy like Bosh could decide that he wants to play for a more established, veteran team and coach. However, the word I've gotten out of Bosh's camp is that none of the Texas teams are on his short list at the moment. That could change, but right now Houston, Dallas and San Antonio all look like long shots.

Craig (PA) - Chad, rumors are flying that no matter what the outcome of the finals Bosh will be a S+T to the Lakers for Bynum. If true, have the Lakers just grown tired of the injuries or does Bosh elevate LA to another level?

Chad Ford (1:18 PM) - As I wrote last week, they almost had a deal in February. So it makes a lot of sense from the Raptors and Lakers stand point. Bosh is an upgrade over Bynum given Bynum's injury history. And Bynum is the best talent the Raptors are going to get in a sign-and-trade. The thing I don't know ... does Bosh prefer the Lakers to the Bulls, Heat or Knicks?

Ryan (Los Angeles) - Chad, do you think if the Bulls would be willing to move Noah and Deng for CB4 IF it meant LeBron was coming next? I would think both CB4 and LeBron plus Rose makes the Bulls a title contender next season, yes?

Chad Ford (1:21 PM) - Word out of Chicago is that Noah is off limits. But if it was really a chance to get Bosh and they could move Deng as part of the deal, I think they'd HAVE to consider ...
    Source - Click here

As I said before, I am not sure that bynum would be a happy Raptor, but I'd still try to do the trade.
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
      As I said before, I am not sure that bynum would be a happy Raptor, but I'd still try to do the trade.
      No way man, Bynum is has a lot of injury problems and is not worth the trouble, I say if you could trade him to Houston then that should be their first choice.

Comment

I really believe that he doesn't want to play in Texas, but if Morely does a really good persuasive job and convinces Bosh to play in his home state for the Rox, we'd hold the cards and could extract a pretty decent deal.

I really don't think Bynum would mind playing here. He'd be closer to home and he'd be more of a focal point on the team than he is in Los ANgeles.

Comment

With Bynum and Bargnani playing together the Raptors interior defense could be properly called the "The Baby's Belly". No reference to Marco but just to the softness of a baby's belly.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
            With Bynum and Bargnani playing together the Raptors interior defense could be properly called the "The Baby's Belly". No reference to Marco but just to the softness of a baby's belly.
            You think 2 7 footers clogging the middle would be a soft defense? I mean no matter how dumb 2 7 footers are, you let them stand in the paint and tell them to swat the ball no matter what i think the other team would have a hard time scoring. And both are not crappy shot blockers, both are mediocre, but combined i think theyll give opponents headaches trying to score inside.

But because of Bynum's recent injuries, id be quite hesitant to make this trade...if we can get bynum and gortat, ill be fine with it.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
              You think 2 7 footers clogging the middle would be a soft defense? I mean no matter how dumb 2 7 footers are, you let them stand in the paint and tell them to swat the ball no matter what i think the other team would have a hard time scoring. And both are not crappy shot blockers, both are mediocre, but combined i think theyll give opponents headaches trying to score inside.

But because of Bynum's recent injuries, id be quite hesitant to make this trade...if we can get bynum and gortat, ill be fine with it.
              Bosh is 6'10. Is that really that much different from being 7 feet? And Bosh and Bargnani certainly didn't scare anyone on the defensive end.

That said, Bynum is a good defender as long as he stays on the floor.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                Bosh is 6'10. Is that really that much different from being 7 feet? And Bosh and Bargnani certainly didn't scare anyone on the defensive end.

true, but it's what those 7-footers would be doing on the floor. with bynum, bargs moves to his supposed 'natural' position of PF (though it remains to be seen whether he'd be any more effective guarding the 4's of the L...he may actually be a better defender against 5's), while bynum manning the middle. it's an over-simplification to say it's still two 7-footers. IMO, bynum is a serious upgrade defensively at the 5 over bargs, and it could very well be that bargs is no worse than bosh - perhaps better - guarding 4's.

as others have mentioned, i'm leary of bynum's knee(s) as well...though i'm sure any team looking to drop the max on bosh is probably thinking the same thing. but i'm more concerned with his state of mind - he's had a frustrating career so far, with injuries, playing on a star-studded (& ego-heavy) team. how well would he transition from a team that's on the verge of B2B chips to a rebuilding one in another country? could be his coming-out party...or he could pull an eddy curry.
                TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                  true, but it's what those 7-footers would be doing on the floor. with bynum, bargs moves to his supposed 'natural' position of PF (though it remains to be seen whether he'd be any more effective guarding the 4's of the L...he may actually be a better defender against 5's), while bynum manning the middle. it's an over-simplification to say it's still two 7-footers. IMO, bynum is a serious upgrade defensively at the 5 over bargs, and it could very well be that bargs is no worse than bosh - perhaps better - guarding 4's.

as others have mentioned, i'm leary of bynum's knee(s) as well...though i'm sure any team looking to drop the max on bosh is probably thinking the same thing. but i'm more concerned with his state of mind - he's had a frustrating career so far, with injuries, playing on a star-studded (& ego-heavy) team. how well would he transition from a team that's on the verge of B2B chips to a rebuilding one in another country? could be his coming-out party...or he could pull an eddy curry.
                  Bynum is a big gamble, but doing a sign and trade for him possibly has the most upside of any deal. If Bynum gets healthy, it could end up being a better deal for Toronto than for the Lakers, or at least on par. Does any other deal have that possibility? It's not as if a Bosh sign and trade is going to save the franchise or push them to contention. Without Bosh, the team will struggle. Why not gamble and try and swing for the fences instead of playing it safe and going for a single in a game you've got little chance of winning.

The worst that can happen is Bynum continues to miss a lot of game to injury and the team can cut him loose in two years. Two years is a good amount of time to be able to come to a decision about whether or not he's worth keeping.

The best that can happen is that Bynum gets healthy and becomes on of the top centers in the league, giving the Raptors a perennial All-Star. I'm willing to take that risk.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Put Araujo and POB on the floor, you have a defensive winner.
                    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks trading bosh for bynum Is a shitty idea and has the biggest chance of returning zero upside to the raptor roster? The guy has never ever been healthy and to think that will change when he's getting his knee drained before the finals in a couple days is crazy. The lakers would be laughing if we accepted this deal. The lakeshow having gone to the finals three straight seasons still want to trade away their legit presence at the five? Hmm seems like they don't like the risk his injuries carry either and are trying to strike a deal before he blows a knee completely. I'd rather take a package from the knicks or even the fucking heat before trading our franchise guy for a hugge question mark who's odds at continuous success are very slim.
                      Last edited by Spilak; Tue Jun 1, 2010, 08:10 PM.

Comment

I would to trade Chris Bosh to the Bulls for Noah, Deng, and Gibson if we can also move Hedo Turkoglu somewhere.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post

Yup, i think it makes a difference, plus Bynum, i think, has a longer wingspan than bosh.

Comment

Haven't we been thru this scenario with Jermaine O'Neal? If Bosh is to be trade, then why this urgency to run into a new high risk gamble, when Raptors should start to rebuild properly a solid team. Bynum is not able to stay healthy! Plus CB4 has a similar game with Gasol, why would Lakers give away their true center for a new PF when Gasol fills that role quite well?

Comment

What's a "proper rebuild"? If its deconstruction and start off with a load of cap, then you have a long wait before you could see that kind of rebuild.

As for the Bynum thing. How much of an impact has he had this season and in the playoffs? I think there's your answer.

Comment

Working...
                              X