This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Sure What This Latest Johnson Tweet Implies

Looks like I'm going to be taking a trip back to Toronto this month!

3 minutes ago via web
    http://twitter.com/IamAmirJohnson
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

He needs to be here early to find a much more expensive bachelor pad and to sign the dotted line on his new contract on July 1st.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      He needs to be here early to find a much more expensive bachelor pad and to sign the dotted line on his new contract on July 1st.
      Could be, though an early July, on the 7th, signing would surprise me a bit.

I was thinking he might wait until after the Bosh situation is resolved. That of course could be resolved by July 1st also.

Keeping in mind that free agents can't actually sign until July 7th.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Mmm. I don't want to read too much into it, but to me, I think it might mean that he's going to be in Toronto sometime in June!!!!
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

stupid bosh let him go i dont trust those patrick ewing,padded,taped,rickety looking knees any way.

Comment

fraser33 wrote: View Post
            stupid bosh let him go i dont trust those patrick ewing,padded,taped,rickety looking knees any way.
            Bosh changed his name to Johnson????
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              Mmm. I don't want to read too much into it, but to me, I think it might mean that he's going to be in Toronto sometime in June!!!!
              I think he is going to be in Toronto scouting locations for the opening of

http://www.roscoeschickenandwaffles.com/

Comment

I hope the raps do resign Johnson. Personally everytime he checked in I would get excited to see the hustle and energy he brought and I would love to see him grow more in T-Dot.

Comment

It is clear that is what his tweet "means". A fifth grader could understand that.

However, the thread title uses the word "implies" which I choose on purpose rather than "means"

The definition of implies is

2 : to involve or indicate by inference, association, or necessary consequence rather than by direct statement

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/implies

So because he states in his tweet that he is going to be in Toronto it can not imply that. It must imply something else

Comment

Come on Johnson sign with the Raptors for a reasonable price and stop toying around, you don't want to be an ass like Bosh.

Comment

Question:

Since Johnson is technically not a free agent until July 1st can the Raptors offer him an extension this month?

Comment

I think he's implying that all his shorties in TO better get ready to party.

Edit: do people use the term shorty anymore?

you kids and your music....
                        Last edited by Mess; Wed Jun 2, 2010, 11:30 PM.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                          I think he's implying that all his shorties in TO better get ready to party.

Edit: do people use the term shorty anymore?

you kids and your music....
                          What the hell is a shorty?
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

What the hell is a shorty?
                            It means girl friend

Comment

I think he meant "shawty".

Comment

Working...
                              X